Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 01:45:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla trip to Canada May 2014  (Read 18592 times)
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »

What do they then do about baby George?
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 10:22:47 pm »

He'll be with the nannies I presume.  Charles will give her a full schedule - which means 3-4 engagements a day, leaving plenty of time for her to see George each day (if she indeed does take an interest in him, how would we know at this stage what happens behind closed doors).

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
india
Princess

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 04:53:17 am »

I'm very worried about that baby boy.
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:31 am »

^hopefully he has a good nanny! Nothing replaces good parenting though... bored3
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 03:15:45 pm »

Not sure where to post this, but as it relates to Canada I thought it might be okay here.  Not sure what to make of it to be honest, found it on a blog site.

http://itccs.org/

I hope the link opens to the right place, it should start with

An Invitation to Participate in the Birth of a New Nation: The Republic of Kanata In Winnipeg, Manitoba commencing Monday, June 15, 2014

Any problems let me know, and if in the wrong place then mods please feel free to move.
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »

I think the April tour is going to be the only royal visit to AU and NZ for the year, and it coincides with ANZAC Day, (which is our version of Remembrance Day).  

Oh Lord no - wel'll have a repeat of this

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCoQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2497274%2FCurly-Kate-twirls-ringlets-watches-Remembrance-Day-parade-alongside-Countess-Wessex.html&ei=3FjlUvP-FIGS7Abf4YDoAg&usg=AFQjCNGE-1NSRtYBETgZMUw6WAa_TQT0tA&bvm=bv.59930103,d.bGQ&cad=rja
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:50:35 pm by Snowdrop » Logged
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »

It's a coup alright. Not a shot fired but it's a complete take over. The RF is hostage to it's own PR and image. PC has ten people working on his image and now he's closing down Kensington Palace's PR operation and taking that over as well.

Mind you I can't blame him they've made a utter hash of it all but W&K & H are back under PC's control.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/22/now-prince-charles-takes-control-of-william-and-kate-s-media-operation-too.html

Best news laugh laugh I've heard for  along itme
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 06:54:52 pm »

Yes, but after the trips, certainly there will likely be a conference about whether or not Kate wants to continue to be part of the firm.

Excues my "French" but sh's bound to screw up in OZ so the decisin about her future  should be a slam dunker easter-bunny easter-bunny
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »

You lucky Canadians!!! Hahahaha

Kate will hang in there. They will all tow the line. Chucky will still try to interfere IMO but I think he wil be rebuffed by the government. If he doesn't stop someone will leak and he will be told to pull his head in.  eating cookies

I'n sure waity will try and hang on but she can't work - she doesn't know how.  PC will not want her going out in pretty dresses to charities for an hour or so and premieres - he will expect something meaningful and if she doesn't come up to the mark he will not be a happy bunny - I for one would not want to be on the wrong end of his temper.  Turning to willy for support won't do her much good as he's probably had the riot act read to him already

We all know how PC likes chatting to politicians so maybe just maybe he will have some wee chats about PG's parentage - there's no way waity can stay then.  If PC really set his mind to it but the MP's and Lords are not keen to act or refuse PC has plenty of history of getting his friends to leak - Nicholas Soames anyone easter-bunny
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 02:30:55 am »

Cost of Prince Charles and Camilla's royal visit pegged at $721,000
OTTAWA – Charles and Camilla can expect some expensive Canadian hospitality when they visit in May.

Charles, the Prince of Wales, and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will tour Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Manitoba May 18-22.

The price to taxpayers for their whirlwind Canadian tour is $721,620 – minimum, according to documents released under federal Access to Information laws.

The cost breakdown doesn’t include RCMP or other agents tasked with providing security for the royal couple, which will increase the total cost to taxpayers considerably.

The documents, which were obtained by Ottawa researcher Ken Rubin, are estimates from April. It is unclear if costs have increased since then.

And while the Harper government cherishes the country’s ties to the British monarchy, it is also unclear if Canadians are interested in footing a $700,000 bill for Charles and Camilla’s second trip to Canada in as many years.

Just shuffling reporters around to take pictures of the smiling royals will cost $31,000.

While most of the budgeted figures are projected costs, the list includes one item Canadians already paid for -- the cost of practicing for the royal visit.

Precisely $83,281 is listed under the category “dry-run visit.”

Gregory Thomas with the Canadian Taxpayers Federation said that while the monarchy is integral to Canada’s culture, Canadians insist on accountability.

“The Canadian heritage department needs to be accountable and justify these costs and explain why they are reasonable,” he said.

Mike Storeshaw, spokesman for the heritage department, said Sunday that "Canada is always proud to host members of the Royal Family, and pleased that these visits provide us the opportunity to showcase the best of what Canada has to offer to the world.

"We always ensure that tax dollars are used responsibly in the process."
http://lifewise.canoe.ca/Royals/LatestNews/2014/05/04/21647791.html
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 02:35:20 am »

bet the press in the UK does not cover this like they covered the W and K tour of AUS/NZ. 

Will Kate and Harry are going to AUS for the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings - well - maybe that means they are going to Gallipoli -
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 02:50:23 am »

It would be wonderful if they did go to Gallipoli, the Anzacs landed at what is now known to Australians as Anzac Cove in April 1915, so that anniversary isn't till next year. I'm hoping to see Harry turn up to that one!

My daughter was born at 11:30 pm on Anzac eve and I remember thinking afterwards "In 1915 all those excited young men were being loaded onto boats at that time, preparing for their first time in battle."
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2014, 06:49:20 pm »

The Duchess of Cornwall puts on a brave face as she meets wounded airmen during her first public appearance since the funeral of her brother, Mark Shand

It's less than a week since she was seen leaving the funeral of her brother Mark Shand in tears but the Duchess of Cornwall smiled bravely today as she visited wounded servicemen at RAF Leeming.

Camilla, 66, beamed as she was greeted outside the base by cheering children waving Union flags but looked more fragile than usual as she toured the North Yorkshire airfield.

During her visit, which was arranged to mark the opening of a new medical centre, the Duchess met wounded personnel, among them Corporal Paul Bentley-Crane, who showed the royal how some of the state-of-the-art equipment is used

Another 'injured' serviceman to greet the Duchess was Leading Aircraftsman Nathan Hart, who shook hands with the 66-year-old from the comfort of one of the brand new beds
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2623525/The-Duchess-Cornwall-puts-brave-face-meets-wounded-airmen-public-appearance-funeral-brother-Mark-Shand.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 04:29:02 pm »

Delete
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 02:49:12 am »

Royal visit 2014: Prince Charles and Camilla's Canadian itinerary

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/royal-visit-2014-prince-charles-and-camilla-s-canadian-itinerary-1.2641051
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 04:56:24 am »

busy intinerary -
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 08:47:57 am »

oh another royal couple that can't spend more than an hour with each visit (had to say it)
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 04:20:28 pm »

They are coming here on Tuesday and Wednesday...talk about a packed schedule.  thumbsup
sandy
Princess

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 04:37:22 pm »

The Duchess of Cornwall puts on a brave face as she meets wounded airmen during her first public appearance since the funeral of her brother, Mark Shand

It's less than a week since she was seen leaving the funeral of her brother Mark Shand in tears but the Duchess of Cornwall smiled bravely today as she visited wounded servicemen at RAF Leeming.

Camilla, 66, beamed as she was greeted outside the base by cheering children waving Union flags but looked more fragile than usual as she toured the North Yorkshire airfield.

During her visit, which was arranged to mark the opening of a new medical centre, the Duchess met wounded personnel, among them Corporal Paul Bentley-Crane, who showed the royal how some of the state-of-the-art equipment is used

Another 'injured' serviceman to greet the Duchess was Leading Aircraftsman Nathan Hart, who shook hands with the 66-year-old from the comfort of one of the brand new beds
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2623525/The-Duchess-Cornwall-puts-brave-face-meets-wounded-airmen-public-appearance-funeral-brother-Mark-Shand.html

Such dramatics by the writer of this piece. She did not look frail in the photos not in the least.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »

^
She is looking older. I can't quite make out if her hair has gone white or if she has it coloured?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: