Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:40:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla trip to Canada May 2014  (Read 18597 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: January 16, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to Undertake a Royal Tour of Canada in May 2014

OTTAWA—His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, is pleased to announce that a Royal Tour of Canada will take place in the upcoming months.

http://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=15486&lan=eng

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt
In May, Charles and Camilla will visit Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
Clarence House hasn't told us but the governor general of Canada has announced Charles and Camilla will tour in May. http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/their-royal-highnesses-the-prince-wales-the-duchess-cornwall-undertake-royal-tour-canada-1869899.htm …?
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:02 pm »

again  Shocked
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:27:04 am »

August is the 100 year since the beginning of WWI and it is going to be a very big commemoration through all of the affected countries.  There already has been some controversy - the Germans wanted to participate and the British objected because they felt the Germans were trying to deny them the celebration of their victory.  But - the Royals should be doing a lot of travelling to the participating commonwealth countires like Canada. NZ and Australia for memorial services.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »

laugh laugh  When you think that the British rf are from German stock they are a bit cheeky not wanting the Germans at the celebrations.  Oviously, the British rf have very short and selective memories.  easter-lol
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 01:14:28 pm »

August is the 100 year since the beginning of WWI and it is going to be a very big commemoration through all of the affected countries.  There already has been some controversy - the Germans wanted to participate and the British objected because they felt the Germans were trying to deny them the celebration of their victory.  But - the Royals should be doing a lot of travelling to the participating commonwealth countires like Canada. NZ and Australia for memorial services.

Lucky Canada. Haha. I wonder who Australia and NZ get in August, PH with any luck. Kiss. W&W are coming in April so not them again. Or maybe taxpayers will get a break and we will  not have to foot the bill if we are left alone!
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 09:12:46 am »

I think the April tour is going to be the only royal visit to AU and NZ for the year, and it coincides with ANZAC Day, (which is our version of Remembrance Day). 

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:35:11 am »

I'm sorry Canada!

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 04:45:54 am »

*never mind, wrong thread*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:48:16 am by FortressODaveBarry » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:47:18 am »

laugh laugh  When you think that the British rf are from German stock they are a bit cheeky not wanting the Germans at the celebrations.  Oviously, the British rf have very short and selective memories.  easter-lol

this was the British government not the royals -
Spice
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:29:35 am »

In light of Chuck's successful palace coup, I'm going to refer to the Canada trip as the first leg of the "Victory Tour", which will probably be the first country out of CAN/AU/NZ to be "blessed" with his presence over the next two years so he can play the king-in-waiting role while the old lady stays home and nurses the ailing PP.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

That's exactly what it is Spice - a palace coup.

It does raise a question re the Commonwealth which I haven't seen any constitutional experts (now busily commenting in the press) address. The Commonwealth Head which HM is currently is not hereditary.

What if she can no longer fulfil her duties and a Regency is declared by Parliament? There is no act which says PC will automatically assume those duties so would the Commonwealth appoint their own "regent"? It may be they would keep PC as stand in until HM passed away or they may see it as an opportunity for a new start.

Either way I can find no comment or theory on such a situation.

But this is why C&C are hurtling off to Canada and W&K&G are being sent to woo the Australians and NZers and in some haste too.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 05:46:49 am »

Charles would step up as Prince Regent; there is no way that anyone could be elected. When George III went nuts, he was still king, but the Prince of Wales was declared Prince Regent and the Prince Regent carried out the duties of King and wielded authority over the court and social scene.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 06:18:58 am »

there has been clarifications printed - this is no palace coup - the Queen retains her constitutional duties - PC is going to be doing more of the non constitutional stuff and more of her engagements - state visits overseas etc

They should have explained it better - but now that everyone gets confused and nervous - so then they explain -

LOL - Charles is still "practicing" no real deal yet - no regency unless she is incapacitated mentally or physically which seems to not be the case
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:28 am »

It's a coup alright. Not a shot fired but it's a complete take over. The RF is hostage to it's own PR and image. PC has ten people working on his image and now he's closing down Kensington Palace's PR operation and taking that over as well.

Mind you I can't blame him they've made a utter hash of it all but W&K & H are back under PC's control.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/22/now-prince-charles-takes-control-of-william-and-kate-s-media-operation-too.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 09:43:24 pm »

After these tours of the Wales and Cambridges, there will likely be a serious set of meetings about how these things go. I'm certain that Charles is beyond fed up. These next ten weeks will be the last carefree ones for Kate and she had better start making plans to go or stay and work.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:45 pm »

The Stalker is not going anywhere. She will hole up in The Viper's Nest until the big trip to Oz and NZ.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 02:31:08 am »

Yes, but after the trips, certainly there will likely be a conference about whether or not Kate wants to continue to be part of the firm.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 04:50:00 am »

I still would not call it a coup - more like PC sees how the public is reacting - and he is taking charge unlike HM who has let people do their own thing - in the case of the younger royals - this was not so wise - so if it is a coup - LOL - it is about time!

Kate will of course want to continue - you can't seriously think she would voluntarily quit?  I would not be surprised to see even less of Kate - if PC really does recognize that the constant focus on what Kate wears, her hair etc is damaging (and it is IMHO) than I suspect he'll keep her out of the limelight until there is a plan for her to do something of substance and do it well.
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 09:10:35 am »

You lucky Canadians!!! Hahahaha

Kate will hang in there. They will all tow the line. Chucky will still try to interfere IMO but I think he wil be rebuffed by the government. If he doesn't stop someone will leak and he will be told to pull his head in.  eating cookies
Spice
Countess

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:08 am »

^^Maybe Waity will stay out of the limelight for this 10 weeks and then she will "work" during the big tour.  I think they will do more engagements on this tour than they've ever done before in their lives.  It will be fun to watch her buckle under the strain of doing more than 2 hours a day once in a week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: