Royal Gossip
July 22, 2017, 01:52:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royalty: Q&A  (Read 27612 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: January 13, 2011, 08:43:50 pm »

A thread for all our questions about royalty. So you don't know who can were a tiara? What infanta means? How are the british and norwgians royals related? Ask here and someone will try to answer.

I hope that you like the idea as many of us are newbies in this topic and we don't know much about royalty. Moreover as many posters are from different parts of Europe we can share our knowledge about our respectives monarchies.

Credit of the photo: channel4.com

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:06:38 am »

Thanks for the idea sweety! thumbsup
I made this one a sticky just in case..

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:59:22 pm »

Fantastic  thankyou

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:23:18 pm »

Q: When Andrew dies, gets Beatrice his title and becomes Duchess of York?

thankyou

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:39:36 pm »

^^

In England titles cannot pass to females.

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:21:24 pm »

Q: When Andrew dies, gets Beatrice his title and becomes Duchess of York?

thankyou

As Alexandrine said, titlle don't pass to females in UK. The title will rteturn to the crown and the King/Queen will give it to another male in the family (by tradition is given to the 2nd son/eldest brother of the sovereign)...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:13:30 pm »

thankyou

In this case Harry gets Andrews title?
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »

Prince Andrew will be Duke of York until his death and Harry will probably get a Dukedom when he marries. I'm not sure, but if is the wish of the sovereign, Harry will change dukedoms when Andrew passes away.

It's like what will happen with Edward. It's said that upon the death of Prince Philip, he will keep the title of Duke of Edimbourg and no longer be known as Earl of Wessex.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »

Not exactly. I don't know if you can give up dukedoms but the most probable thing is that Harry would get two titles, although imo he is not going to be ever duke of york.

And when Prince Phillipe dies the title will pass to Charles and until Charles is king he won't we able to give the title to Edward, and in this case I also doubt that he is going to give up his earldom.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 08:15:28 pm »

Thanks  flower

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 11:20:40 am »

Not exactly. I don't know if you can give up dukedoms but the most probable thing is that Harry would get two titles, although imo he is not going to be ever duke of york.

And when Prince Phillipe dies the title will pass to Charles and until Charles is king he won't we able to give the title to Edward, and in this case I also doubt that he is going to give up his earldom.

So does this mean Charles will be known still as POW first and foremost?
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 12:10:10 pm »

Prince of Wales is title granted to the heir apparent of the British monarch. When the Queen dies and Charles become King, he will no longer have any of the titles he has now because they are associated with the position of heir to the throne.

William will automatically became Duke of Cornwall as the title is hereditary but the "Prince of Wales" isn't, the title has to be created again. Charles will need to issue a letters patent granting William the title of Prince of Wales.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »

With the talk of male/female successions   http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/call-for-equality-of-sexes-in-royal-succession-2187049.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »

Mousie don't the women that could inherit earldoms have tried to change the successions laws in UK? Because they would win the case, some women did that in Spain and the law had to change because the human rights commission of the UN said so.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:40 pm »

If the Act of Settlement changes primogeniture, I imagine there will be additional changes to aristocratic inheritance. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 09:36:04 pm »

I suppose that without a real constitution a change of this type is easier in UK. One wonders what the aristos think about a possible change.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 05:29:44 pm »

If one of the BRF will marry a Scot, who is a member of the Church of Scotland, has she/he to convert to the Church of England?  angel
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »

No, british royals are only forgidden to marry a catholic. Princess Anne and Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence are married by the Church of Scotland...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 06:10:43 pm »

Ah, thanks!  Hi
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »

I have a question: why is Philip not prince consort?  thankyou

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: