Royal Gossip
August 20, 2017, 03:16:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherlock  (Read 2479 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: January 01, 2014, 05:51:07 pm »

Who is going to watch it today? I can't wait to see how he survived  shifty

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:28:30 am »

No one likes Sherlock here?!?!? Not even for Cumberbatch deliciousness?  Shocked

Spoilers:

yesterday's chap was so frustrating. Had great moments but it fell somewhat flat. I still feel sorry for Molly but this time there was something off with the character. Maybe she cries too much and I've started to dislike her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 01:14:53 am »

sorry Sorry, never watched Sherlock before they don't show it in Belgium.... I think....

Besides with my work schedule I can't watch much telly during primetime, I mostly see late night recaps of Bones, NCIS or CSI

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:43:00 am »

I love Sherlock - but forgot to watch it!   sob
berlin
Countess

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 03:22:07 am »

I don't think it's started in the U.S. yet, but I will definitely watch it.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »

I watched it on streaming, I also don't have bbc 1 on my tv. It's on the 19th or around that in the US.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »

Spoilers

Second chap was so so. Very very funny but it was also embarrassing to watch. Love Sherlock interacting with the wedding guests and all but the wedding speech was so embarrassing in most parts and it made up the whole chapter. I still love it when he says that he is a highly functioning sociopath and how he interacts with Mycroft. Plus Mycroft running! Yeah I love both brothers, my fave characters of the series.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:32 pm »

Don't know if the last chapter is brilliant or a complete disaster. Too much in too little time maybe.

HC
Countess

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 07:24:12 pm »

The cast is so brilliant, especially the one that plays watson/Bilbo and also I really like Mary his wife.

I look forward to the next episode. The danish actor Lars Mikkelsen plays the vilan. (Brother to Mads Mikkelsen that is playing in Hannibal).
lola
royal watcher

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 07:34:23 pm »

Aaand now we have to wait another 2 years, this is unacceptable  sigh

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »

^LOL we only stayed for two weeks or so without hiatus. But IMO the show is going downhill.

@HC you mention the actors that I like the least. I didn't mind Mary in the first but I don't know if it is because how it was written or what but the character was so so.

I prefer Sherlock, Mycroft and from time to time Molly. But for me the characters were somewhat out of character in the third season. Instead of three chapters it should have been longer. Too much going on especially in the third one.

Spoilers ahead:

The cases were also very so so. The second was too coincidental. The third one didn't introduce very well the big villain then they killed him in a new york minute and Moriarty comes back in a second after that........... what's going on?!?!

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 02:01:46 am »

I have it ready for taping on the 19th here.  Can't wait.  So far, the writing and photography have been stellar and I'm a huge, huge Sherlock Holmes fan.  Looking forward to seeing how he survived (again)... easter-bunny

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: