Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 10:01:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice & Eugenie: News and Pictures II  (Read 87349 times)
Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 02:25:08 am »

Gosh, every year Eugene looks more and more like Momma.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."

Ayn Rand
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2014, 05:08:45 am »

comments are as always - interesting - but it is a smart move on Eugenie's part - get away from the RF and London - do something on her own - although you know her living expenses are not coming out of that salary -
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2014, 05:55:40 am »

no offense:  but, its time that all work visa for non-citizens were ended in the U>S.

We have long term unemployed who get passed over for being unemployed for more than six months. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 06:23:00 am »

RW, I agree; let her set up her own place in Britain, we have Americans that need jobs and opportunities. Eugenie never should have gotten that internship, much less a full paying job after just three months when there are plenty of Americans who need and want these positions, who genuinely want to work as well.

Eugenie didn't work and study for this and frankly she doesn't strike me as dedicated. She's flying all the time to London.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »

I think Americans should be first to get jobs in the USA! Maybe they want her for her contacts though... eating cookies
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2014, 02:41:33 pm »

Those girls can't win ... they are working isn't that what everyone wanted?
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2014, 02:47:01 pm »

Why can't she stay in Britian and work then?

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »

I've wondered that too RoyalWatcher but kept the comment to myself...she's a Princess of the UK and should show more interest in her economy than of the USA that goes for the same as the Swedish Princess that married a US citizen

there are so many people in the USA unemployed it's not even funny and to have the government allowing aliens into the country to take jobs away isn't ok to me...that's for any country really...unless your qualified and have trained in a certain field and they're aren't many in it...then that's understandable...but to be just allowed into a country to look good because your a Princess isn't ok but again that's just my personal view on this whole Eugenie working in NY
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:27 pm »

^
The job at NY-Lon is definitely one where her connections to the owners made all the difference.  It is a US offshoot of a company that already exists in London, I think, and owned/run by an aristo.  So I really do not think there was going to be an American in that position.  I would agree with some of the ideas on immigration but closing the borders in my opinion would probably hurt more.  We have a very uneducated workforce now, the educated workforce we had is now aging and getting ready to retire.  Also, the price of education, along with the downturn in the economy, it is a perfect storm and I really cannot see making PE a poster child for it.  Now if she had taken a job as an engineer or some other, definitely American hire type job, absolutely, but she is working a vanity job and if she is anything like Bea she will not stay.  We need to deal with the illegal immigration in this country before stopping those who really would contribute.  We send plenty of our own overseas for internships and jobs.  We could argue this all day.  Back on topic.  I *despise* to say it but I do not see the Yorks are truly wanting to be employed in any job other than collecting flowers and cutting ribbons.  Chuck-Wagons idea of downsizing the monarchy and having already lazy individuals currently selected to do the work of several people is not going to cut it.  I suspect these gals are just waiting for the call to say, "Aw, Uncle has a job for you afterall"  The more I see of these people the more I just feel like it is one big scam. 

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2014, 05:56:27 pm »

It seemed to me Eugine's job would be open offices in London and she was in the US for ...
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2014, 07:24:24 pm »

At least they are working unlike other royals in this family.  I will give them credit for that
india
Princess

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2014, 10:36:52 pm »

Kudos to Eugenie.
Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2014, 10:49:27 pm »

^^^^Not to mention the amount of American expats working and living in London.  And the UK is quite a hard country to migrate to, the immigration rules are quite, quite tough (especially for Americans).  Anyways, Eugene is not the only royal working in NY, if you care to do a little search you will find at least two European male royals in Wall Street and a couple female royals but I can't recall what industry they are in  work

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."

Ayn Rand
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2014, 12:12:10 am »

I do enough research on the royals I'll take your word for it I'm done researching trying to find any good in any of them

just saying if people are willing to jump through the red tape to legally work in other countries I have no problem with that....yet the Royals IMO should focus on the country their princess's or prince's of again that's my outlook.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2014, 12:52:32 am »

In some ways I think these two gals must think to themselves, "well this sucks" if this had been 20 or so years ago, the economy was better and they had better parents (okay this is not their fault) they might be able to have landed those ribbon cutting jobs, wear pretty dresses and collect flowers a few days of the week and then spend the rest shopping and going on vacation.  Now I think, from reading so many of the comments, people do not want to support two girls they do not see as worthy.  They are on the same parallel as their Bill and Red, they go to the nightclubs, the drink until their eyes go crisscross and they vacay a lot.  Because of the Twitter, FB generation we are seeing photos of them doing things that would have been unheard of for the Queen as a young girl, even Diana had to be caught by a photographer, the cell phone cameras were barely getting started.  If they really wanted a job they would have already buckled down.  I still think this is a vanity job.  I think PE looks at her life and circumstances and thinks, "well, I may have to get a job but at least it will have an aura of glamour", well she hit the jackpot on that one.  I think they are two princesses who feel like getting a job is really not their "thing" watch this space.  JMHO  dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow

Oh and I think a couple of other royals who lived in NY maybe Pierre Casiraghi, or maybe it was school, Lady Gabriella Windsor is going to Brown (or maybe she has finished)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 02:18:18 am »

LOL - ^ good point about what life for a royal was like 20 years ago - recall when PC was adamantly opposed to any Royal having a real job?  Times have changed.  While there is no doubt we see a lot of privileged behavior in both young women - I do suspect Eugenie is genuinely interested in her career - she started working right out of school - did her internship at a auction house (Christie's??)  I am sure she sees with her Mom's history the need for a back up plan if things go awry for her.  She does act like someone who has a plan.  I have reservations about the York sisters - but she has shown initiative and she is working.

As for unemployment in the US - seriously - as if no Americans work in other countries that also have high unemployment?   
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2014, 05:11:25 am »

OT: that's why I said other countries as well because yes American's do it too.  What I'm expressing is that since Eugenie and whomever other royal out there is working in the states shouldn't...let them go and help support their own country by working for the country they're born into again that's just my opinion...don't have to agree with me...just my point of view.  I'm only speaking about the Royals not common people who can work where ever they want because they're not representing their Country with a title on their heads.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2014, 05:15:24 am »

ok Nighthawk - see your point - she is a royal
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2014, 05:16:40 am »

thankyou
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 06:40:37 am »

In fairness, when Americans go overseas, they are obviously very qualified to do what they are doing since the regulations are steep. Yet, Eugenie just hops right over and starts working without any complications.

Something about the Yorkies just steams me, that's the real issue.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: