Royal Gossip
July 21, 2017, 11:39:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: so what's your home base?
Europe - 33 (33.7%)
North America - 36 (36.7%)
Central America & South America - 4 (4.1%)
Down Under & land of the Kiwi's - 8 (8.2%)
Africa - 3 (3.1%)
Asia - 4 (4.1%)
Outer space! - 10 (10.2%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where do you come from?  (Read 27469 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2012, 07:26:56 am »

I am British, but have homes in Great Britain and in Vancouver, Canada.

( I fly a lot )

I am an 18th Cousin of Diana, Princess of Wales and a 19th Cousin of HM The Queen.

I am a Stuart, which means I am related to all Stuart Kings and Queens.

I have met most of the RF, some more than a few times.

I lecture at a University.

Oh, have you met Wills and Harry?

BTW: I live in the state of Virginia here in the US but in my experinces it's not as great as people make it out to be. I live in the poorer, rural part of the state, but it's also a super conservative state politically and socially. I'd like some people's suggestions on the best states to live in, in the union.

How fascinating.  I'm sure I've missed it in here somewhere, but will keep an eye on your insights as to the royal family considering your history.

As for the 'Union' (only the South uses that term and I would be careful, these days, using it), Virginia has two parts, as you are probably already aware.  The very wealthy landowners and the not-so-wealthy.  If you are looking for a state in the Republic of the United States in which to live I have some recommendations based on the latest stats.  They are, in no particular order, except the first two:  North Carolina, Wisconsin (Madison in particular), North Dakota if you want to make money fast, certain parts of Atlanta, GA, Montana, Minnesota (if you are very liberal and love the cold/heat, no medium to speak of), New Mexico (Santa Fe, my fave), and the real midwest, i.e., Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas.  Other than that, the east and west coasts are beyond expensive and highly populated.  The state of Florida is probably my least favorite because of the school system, high crime rate, bugs, oppressive heat and it's flat as a pancake.  Oddly, northern, inland California is awesome as is Seattle and parts of Washington State, if you like rainy, mountainous regions.

Good luck with your re-settlement.  If you are a Brit/UK by nationality, then I suggest Boston, Rhode Island or the northwest areas of the US if you want to feel 'at home'.  They seem to congregate there.

(I have not forgotten you, MRHIX)

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2012, 04:23:40 pm »

Even though I've lived most of my life in KY, I still consider myself an Ohio Buckeye. I haven't had the chance to travel much, none outside the US sadly. A dream is to get to England, Scotland, Ireland, Canada and Russia someday. easter-egg-basket
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:40 pm »

You will, my dear  flower

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

RedRabbit
royal watcher

Harryite #28

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2012, 06:44:40 am »

I'm American and a lifelong Seattle resident with a great deal of English ancestry. 

No royals or significant nobles that I know of (perhaps some minor landowners in the 11th and 12th centuries).  Some of them packed up, sailed across the Atlantic and made a home for themselves in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1635.  Others, mainly from Cornwall, arrived later.

If you resort to personal attacks, name-calling, and other forms of abuse against me, you are admitting you have lost the argument and have nothing worthwhile to say. 

Not joining in with your starry-eyed hero worship does not make me delusional, it means I have no interest in drinking your poisoned Kool-Aid. 

Have a nice day.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2012, 06:48:30 am »

hehe I just noticed , according to the poll we got six aliens in here! lols

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2013, 05:44:48 pm »

I'm an Amercian....lived briefly in Europe during the mid to late 1980's...before the wall came tumbling down.

I live in the Northern Hemisphere-where it snows alot, but its still in the continental U.S.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »

Ah yes our second yooper (upper Michigan ppl) of the bunch  tehe
Our other Yooper told me to ask: how's it down south? dontknow (guess it's an insider joke)
Anyway welcome! flower

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »

RoyalWatcher,  welcome welcome2

HAVE FUN

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2013, 02:17:19 am »

Ah yes our second yooper (upper Michigan ppl) of the bunch  tehe
Our other Yooper told me to ask: how's it down south? dontknow (guess it's an insider joke)
Anyway welcome! flower

LOL!  Its great!  Had my first pasty of the year!

Thank you for the welcomes! flower
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 10:38:20 pm »

I am Australian, have lived in UK for 5 years. I am doing my PhD
I was a true royal support until HRH Diana, Princess of Wales was killed and the WK factor ! wimpy getting a bit precious
I AM SCARED to death that Charles and his tart to ascend the throne
I am concerned with Lizard CM. I do not believe Waity is pregnant Hi
Am thrilled to join
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:35 pm »

welcome to the forum!  hello

JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2013, 06:46:57 pm »

Mysha, you are most welcome welcome2

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
empirestate
courtier

« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2013, 11:50:07 pm »

Born in raised in the city of New York, with a few years in the middle living in Puerto Rico and Syracuse, NY.

"Dear God, let me not die at the hands of the Swiss." -Johnny English
dutch
royal watcher

« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2013, 06:50:16 am »

I'm from the US.  hello (But I also claim residency in Outer Space... tehe)
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:18 am »

Hey guys it me the newbie from belgium  easter-lol
After handing the reins over to yooper i had to get a new account so yeah...
Gotta up the posting I guess, if I want the chat box and other options back tehe
 Kiss
A

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2014, 05:08:28 pm »

Hello. I'm from the North East of England and Outer space. At least my children thinks I am some form of alien easter-lol

Glad to be here, I read this forum for a very long time before joining. I'm so glad I have though.

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2015, 12:18:32 am »

I'm from the United States  flower
Grand Duchess Ayla

Give my love to all who remember me.

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2016, 04:53:32 am »

Hello people! Hi
I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Glimmery
royal watcher

« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2016, 12:22:49 pm »

Hi all I'm from Ireland I posted on the introduce yourself board too and autocorrect went a bit mad apologies for all the mistakes sorry
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

Welcome!!! loveshower

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: