Royal Gossip
September 22, 2017, 10:58:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Christmas Movies????  (Read 4042 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 01:36:05 am »

nope. i wanted to cause i never watch the original ,and i know its bad cause nothing beats the original.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:41 am »

Yeah, I would recommend watching the original first. I't a wonderful movie that's timeless, I watched it over Thanksgiving with nephews and niece and we had a great time!
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 01:57:50 am »

Re the new Sound of Music, I saw enough, under impressed and immediately downloaded the original which is amazing and perfect this time of year. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 02:36:41 pm »

^I'm glad I didn't watch it then. Nothing beats the original, great movie!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 06:12:37 pm »

The movie was an adaptation of an older play but I know what you mean, noting beat Julie Andrews as Maria.  Cool

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 06:36:25 pm »

^It's a good thing that this beautiful musical was resurrected, however inadequately, because it brought me back to the original and oh, how I enjoyed watching it again today.  On a personal note, I played Brigitta on the stage once upon a time and it was so much fun! 

I've also discovered another awesome winter/Christmas kind of movie that's a true classic that I'd forgotten.  It's like being inside a snow globe.  "All This, and Heaven Too" with the late great Bette Davis and Charles Boyer. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 06:38:22 pm »

Ah, you see, I didn't know it was a play.  The movie never gets old for me, I guess that's what makes it classic.  
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 06:18:48 pm »

Movie adapted from the Charles Dickens' story: A Christmas Carol

winter   X-Mas_fireplace    X-Mas_good-night box
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 07:04:33 pm »

Mrs. Santa Claus starring Angela Lansbury    X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: