Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 10:10:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 88363 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2011, 11:47:31 pm »

^hihi I'm just done with mine!
I wrote a piece for the blog on the crown jewels of the UK.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2011, 09:38:21 pm »

Reading your posts ladies and listening to my favorite russian composer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbY_FIyXPFg&feature=related

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2011, 04:26:44 am »

Resting my wrist on a bag of frozen veggies after landing on it earlier this evening.  I can still play the guitar though, so it's not broken, thank goodness!  Nevertheless, ouch.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2011, 04:36:31 am »

Waiting for the last batch of my milk chocolate/walnut fudge to cool and then?  Methinks I'm DONE!!!!!  With baking, anyway.

OH!  I now have a fireplace in my bedroom.  Yep, Akasha, it fits, and it's awesome.  Amazing what we do here in California with mini-space.  However, I'm going to be moving in April.  Will keep you posted.  It may be what you imagined.  We wait.  We earn.

And I'm still putting together mistletoe packages for a fundraiser.  We have to have 2000 of them @ $3 a pop.  Yay!   Believe it or not, mistletoe grows here in CA and our elves go out and climb black oak and get it for those who need an extra nudge for a holiday smooch.  (I saved one for m'self).

All in all, we're in a festive mood here and looking forward to not only Christmas, but New Year's!!!!  Our big day!  I have a party to go to on New Year's Eve (got a driver, to and fro) and it will be a lot of fun.  Wearing my black with bling everywhere.

Other than that, nothin'.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

Lemme guess it's a flat screen with the image of a open fire right?  easter-wink tehe either that or you shrunk your bed..
what I imagined ?? you mean a huge luxurious villa with five bedroom and a double garage sorta thing? cool, if that's the case I'll come back next year for my holiday again, tehe
or would 14 day's be too much for you and your mum?!  Cool

I'm tiring to catch up in here, it's been three day's!
Had some busy day's on the job: refresh training! wopedo
For five years now I've been doing the late afternoon/evening shift. I never get up before 10 in the morning or go to bed before 3 at night! 
Now guess when the training is... at 7 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon! smashed (say byebye to your bio rhythm!)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2011, 10:36:01 pm »

Waiting for the last batch of my milk chocolate/walnut fudge to cool and then?  Methinks I'm DONE!!!!!  With baking, anyway.

Milk chocolate/walnut fudge sounds really good.  May I have some?

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »

Browsing around here with my first coffee of th morning.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2011, 08:45:42 pm »

^^^^Nope, Akasha, it's a real standing fireplace, teensy, but real.  California 'real' anyway, but no, no tv on the wall.  HA!  As for moving, yes, I've got to decide if I want a bigger house with more room (yay) or a condo downtown.  The prices are SO low but I don't have a hubby to take care of annoyances.  Still kind of kerfuffled about the whole thing.  If my whole dang family wasn't living with me I'd have plenty of room right where I am!

Anywho, I'm getting ready for the big New Year's Eve gala.  It's super pathetic, but I'm going alone to a singles gig at the country club.  Sure wish I'd lost that last 5 lbs, but oh well!   Nobody can ruin this most favorite night in my little world.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2011, 08:49:06 pm »

Have fun Yooper.
In Australia it's 8am New Years Day.
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:30 pm »

playing quizzes and watching a musical tv show...now I'm going to be off and have warm bath !! reindeerdance

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2012, 02:38:18 am »

cleaned out my wardrobe today
four big black garbage bags full with old clothes and shoes for charity!
now i have to go shopping on Monday to refill it with sales goodies! tehe

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2012, 04:33:58 am »

^I always loved cleaning out my closests-made me feel good about donating to the local thrift store, and a great excuse to go out and buy new clothes  tehe

Right now I am figuring out my game plan for my job search.  I recently (yesterday) moved back to California from Virginia, so I  need to find a job ASAP

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2012, 08:27:29 am »

PACKING   I'm off to Berlin now...

Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2012, 02:02:55 pm »

Cleaning my room, getting up to date with the series I follow (NCIS and Fringe).
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:07 pm »

Transcribing field notes from a scientist who lived here in southern California during WWII.  Really interesting but tedious work.  They've run out of people to do it and, believe it or not, herpetologists the world over are anxiously waiting for it to go 'live' online.  I know more than I need to know about snakes, lizards, and assorted reptiles.  But, to know that the PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) was a dirt road (with lots of dead beasties on it) and only one-way at times, is an eye opener.

I have also learned that we, in the US, used a system called Pacific War Time, Eastern War Time, etc. during the war.  Fascinating to read about gas rationing, where they went to borrow against their own mortgages sometimes just to get gasoline and food!  Luckily, gardens grew fast in SoCal.  Take that, Adolf and Japan.

I appreciate the distraction of this place while I'm doing this for the Museum!

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:42 pm »

LIstening to the Genesis easter-egg-basket

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2012, 12:58:45 am »

Wondering what happened to TCP?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2012, 06:07:13 am »

^TCP's in China, yes?

I'm making a movie for work to be showed to some potential donors re an outing we'd like them to continue to fund. I finally figured out how to make the audio fade in/out so that the mike works and they can hear what we're trying to do.  It's fun but one slipup?  Not good.

Maybe it's best I leave it for the morning when my brain isn't so fried.

How's the wrist, Gwendolyn?  I smashed my spine into the screen door handle carrying too much stuff (lazy man's load my gramma called it) yesterday and it's set me on the couch for a bit.  It's in the wrong stupid place to put a bag of peas on.  Feels better today, but I hope you're doing better, too. 

Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2012, 02:16:38 pm »

The wrist is much better now.  Thank you for asking.  flower  It was dislocated.  The spine injury must feel awful.  I'm so sorry.  :(

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2012, 04:37:30 pm »

So glad to hear you're better, Gwendolyn!  Geez, dislocated, huh?  Did they have to pop it back in and make you wear a movable cast??? 

I'm fine.  You're right, tho, it hurt like the dickens for a day or so and I couldn't lie on my back, which messed up the whole sitting down or sleeping thing, but then, boom, one morning, I think yesterday, I woke up and it was ok.  Next time I'll be smarter and take two trips to the car and not rush around so.  It was a preventable boo-boo; stupid mistake on my part.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: