Royal Gossip
July 22, 2018, 08:08:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 76972 times)
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #640 on: June 13, 2018, 02:32:24 pm »

Gardening and drinking iced tea on my breaks!
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #641 on: June 13, 2018, 02:46:21 pm »

^I've tried gardening and all I did was make a mess of things.  laugh  I can try to grow flowers in a pot but they don't always bloom!!!  laugh  Hopefully you are a success at it! It seems rather calming when I see people gardening correctly (unlike me of course I was always frustrated or confused but mostly uncertain).

Barnabe et Kitty...
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #642 on: June 13, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »

Well, I definitely have my ups and downs.  I find it therapeutic, so I continue.  It all started when a friend give my husband and I a rose bush when we bought our first house.  I read all I could about roses and built up a small and manageable rose garden.  Over the years I've stopped growing roses as they're a bit high maintenance where I live.  What worked for me was that I focused on only one kind of plant in the beginning, which made it less intimidating.  If you enjoy it, keep trying!  flower
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #643 on: June 13, 2018, 03:57:08 pm »

^ I don't have the greenest thumb and gardening isn't quite my thing, but I adore flowers and the thought of someone having a rose garden makes me jealous, I adore the smell! Also the smell of lilacs flirt
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #644 on: June 13, 2018, 04:13:16 pm »

^I love gardening.  Roses are my claim to fame.  I even have my grandmother's rose that I had registered.  "The Jenny".  But, give me an indoor plant and expect instant death.  I simply do not have the touch for domesticated, indoor foliage.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #645 on: June 13, 2018, 04:31:33 pm »

^ Even more jealous now, you have your own rose with heritage & a nice story to it!! flirt
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #646 on: June 13, 2018, 04:44:39 pm »

^^ Yes, that's very impressive Yooper.  Good for you!
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #647 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:10 pm »

^ I want a blue rose but alas! it's not happening!

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2018, 05:37:59 pm »

Thanks guys!  Roses are my passion which is also thanks to grandma.  Her roses were amazing but she was in a kinder climate.

Just checked on my garden so am going to water tonight.  Super dry and low rain.

^Try mixing blue food color in your watering bucket.  A couple drops to a gallon right before the bloom leaves appear (the rust colored foliage). Do it about once a week.  Only for pale cream or pale pink varieties, tho.  Good luck!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #649 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:16 pm »

Taking a break after a grueling 12 hr work day, then after visiting here I'm going to get on Netflix and watch the program "Victoria" so I can drool over Lord M  flirt flirt

That's disgusting.  I never drool over anyone  Embarrassed

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #650 on: June 15, 2018, 06:05:52 pm »

I drool over Albert, he is very cute!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #651 on: June 15, 2018, 06:34:13 pm »

^Lord M is too dreamy!  I agree.   flirt

Watching a kicka$$ thunderstorm here and making shrimp salad.  Super nice day.

AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »

^Lord M has now gone.  sob  I guess I can re-look whenever. easter-lol

I hope your thunderstorm wasn't too scary, Yooper, but shrimp salad - Oooo a fave of mine.

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2018, 03:05:25 pm »

^^^^^ Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never would have thought of using food colour on plants. tehe Embarrassed But YooperMod, I want a REAL blue rose and it just isn't going to happen any time soon... wah! Someone needs to hurry up and create one! !!!  easter-bunny

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #654 on: June 18, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »

^You’re welcome.  Maybe you’ll create a blue rose.  If you get one with the food coloring, save the stamens.  You never know in magical rose world.

I am on my fourth day of waiting for my satellite tv service to get fixed.  They “upgraded their software”.  An hour and a half tech support wait time and no solution yet.    stop

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #655 on: July 06, 2018, 10:08:51 pm »

I'm in Starbucks working at my computer, drinking the cafe and writing.... happy hour is every Friday so yay me!

^YooperMod I do so hope you managed to get your satellite up and running (I know it's been a while so you probably have thumbsup) and I hope you and your city are doing much better after the horrid weather and the unfortunate death of that little boy. I'm still sending you all good thoughts. Hope they're helping.  hug flower hug hug

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #656 on: July 10, 2018, 05:24:05 am »

I want to study belly dancing. Has anyone here a background in this dance??? I also like the pole dancing, etc esp for weight loss or management  Lips Sealed.... laugh

Barnabe et Kitty...
AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #657 on: July 10, 2018, 04:11:49 pm »

^ Sorry, but no experience here hun.  You could write to MeAgain easter-lol I’m sure she has ALL the experience you’d need to learn.

I’m running up and downstairs too much.  My two daughters have a tummy bug so there’s no rest for me, or them.

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #658 on: July 16, 2018, 12:12:44 pm »

^Poor babies hope they're feeling better now.  hug I bet your calves and backsideare looking firmer so there's that anyway. tehe I almost had belly dancing lessons 18 years ago by a young woman from Brazil but didn't. I will take lessons by years end.

Starbucks and typing away this morning.

Barnabe et Kitty...
AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #659 on: July 19, 2018, 03:01:56 pm »

Yes, they are all better now and the eldest is back in school.  You're right about my calves and backside easter-lol no one does that many stairs in a day.

I hope you do do the dancing lessons - they are fun and terribly good exercise for any woman.  The belly dancing works out so much!   loveshower

I'm just about to epilate my legs ouch ouch ouch.  Have no time for beauty parlour this week.  dontknow

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: