Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 10:55:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 69646 times)
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #580 on: December 25, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »

Watching IP Man and bourbon. Not a bad day.  X-Mas_fireplace

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #581 on: December 26, 2014, 03:56:32 pm »

On my way to see the King Tut exhibit.  Now there was a guy with a snappy vault of royal goodies!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pense
courtier

« Reply #582 on: January 01, 2015, 12:28:42 am »

Waiting for 2015!

Wishing everyone from GMT and eastward

Hi     easter-bunny HAPPY NEW YEAR!  easter-bunny      Hi
deGuernsey
Countess

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #583 on: September 30, 2016, 09:15:28 pm »

Crunches

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #584 on: December 21, 2016, 12:36:28 am »

Watching The Godfather Trilogy.  I'm Christmas'd out for the moment.  Say what you will but when the mob ran everything the crime rate was zero and politicians shut up and did what they were told.  But, then we'd all be living in towns like Vegas.

Never mind!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #585 on: January 06, 2017, 01:49:57 am »

watching Truth and lies The Menendez brothers

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #586 on: August 05, 2017, 04:51:26 pm »

Making tapioca pudding from scratch.  Vanilla bean and cream fresh from a farm and everything. This is Day 2 of the process.  Smells yummy!!!

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2017, 05:12:16 pm »

^Sounds good

watching nothing but syfy today it's all about sharks.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Val
Princess

« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2017, 09:16:33 pm »

Watching The royal House of Windsor on more4, all about how DoE modernised the Monarchy.

This time yesterday had watched the fabulous Red Arrows then the fireworks at Cowes, a brilliant evening.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2017, 12:30:11 pm »

^Is it Shark Wweek, fly? And, ^^Sounds lovely!

I've been pondering an interesting phenomenon that happened during my big Tapioca Pudding From Scratch Caper.  I followed the recipe to the letter.  In almost all circumstances, I'm a really good, intuitive cook.  But, when I checked on the cooled, finished product in the fridge, it appeared ruined.

The reason I'm making the stuff is to help somebody who's really sick and this is all that sounds good so I was more than usually disappointed,  I raced to the internet to find a solution before starting all over again.  Nothing.  I was shocked.  I'm so trained now not to think or remember that I never sat down and listened to the voice of my grandmother teaching me how to make sauces, gravies, etc.

It's also funny that while I was making it, I swear I could hear her scolding me about stopping the cooking process but I followed the internet recipe instead.  Shoulda listened.

In the end, I remembered knowledge that can only be passed down, tricks from almost 100 years ago.  And it worked, I was able to rescue it and it's like a perfect cloud this morning.

The point of this far too long post is, not everything is on the web and to take time to learn the strange and magical things that pass through the generations that defy explanation.

It was super cool.  And, no, I can't even write it down because it's one of those things that you "just know".  Freaky.

It also reminded me of my grandmother's saying to me, "Kissing don't last, cookin' do".  She was, but didn't know it, a master chef.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2017, 05:52:51 pm »

^ Syfy doing marathon of shark movies  syfy style  trailer park shark ,wolf shark, 5 headed sharks ,sharktopus  it's all for the build up tonight premier of  sharknado5

Shark week was last week on discovery that's when they had Michael phelps " race" a great white
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:57:25 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »

^Thanks!  Right, right.  I somehow missed all of that.  Shoot.  I like Shark Week!

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #592 on: August 10, 2017, 11:41:10 pm »

^^ I just looove scifi shark week! loveshower  Unfortunately no time to watch.

At the moment I am finishing up several projects esp my book of short stories.

Barnabe et Kitty...
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2017, 01:44:30 pm »

Getting ready for work....
And watching foodnetwork on the side, dinner driveins and dives! hot some of those dishes just look so yumyum!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2017, 02:58:32 pm »

I'm in Starbucks drinking a tall pike place and working on my latest screenplay.

Does anyone else love wearing turtleneck dresses with a cameo brooch or a diamond or topaz necklace?  hot hot I cannot seem to find a shade of blue topaz that I love best.... they are all so beautiful!!!  hot I just love blue topaz and diamonds....  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Barnabe et Kitty...
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2017, 05:42:53 pm »

Munching some ferrero rochers #guiltypleasure!
Its stil snowing and my bf just told me about the hillarious chickens responce to the white stuff they're trying to pick at it #slightly confused  laugh

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #596 on: November 30, 2017, 09:19:57 pm »

I am now in the library doing rersearch on the LLC!!!  Shocked  I have my two besties with me: my tall blonde and my little monster. They will be my constant companions from now on....

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #597 on: December 01, 2017, 02:41:39 pm »

Waiting for Amazon to call me.  Thought I'd ordered the right Echo with a home hub but I didn't and that was a while ago and now I did order another that will operate lights and thermostat, locks, etc but I certainly don't need two and it's giving me a huge headache. Don't know whether to try to return original one or give one to the boys but then one would be mad....  Shocked. Vent over.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #598 on: December 01, 2017, 04:06:04 pm »

I know your kids are adults, but my father gave some little cousins of mine choc Xmas calendars and a great fight ensued, over who has the better calendar.. 2 boys btw. The calendars were exactly the same, just a different pic! So from now on the lesson for me is: when gifting kids sth, esp pre-school ones, gift them exactly the same thing. Older siblings are sometimes just as bad as toddlers  sigh
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #599 on: December 01, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »

^Haha!  We'll, this time they're both out of luck.  I couldn't return the other Echo but received $100 in credit at Amazon so I'm keeping it as a surround sound system.  Sorry, boys!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: