Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 07:56:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 88362 times)
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #480 on: August 31, 2013, 12:20:00 am »

declined an invite to a party from a very cute guy  flirt.  I have prior engagements, but I did learn he is two years younger than myself, works as a police officer and has an incredible smile. sigh I like a guy in uniform. flirt

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #481 on: November 26, 2013, 11:34:37 pm »

Bravely diving back into the deep end of this forum (let's hope I don't drown tehe)
I've been soo out of the loop lately.... Embarrassed

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »

hello Akasha!  I tripped over you finally.  I hear ya, sistah, I'm in the same boat playing catchup.  Today, I'm trying to hang curtains that are simply not working so nertz to that.   eating cookies

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2013, 11:01:13 pm »

Hi ladies,  hello  I'm also trying to catch up.  I've been back for about a week now after 3 years of absence (I think) or could be more.  As of now, I'm planning (at least trying to) plan a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! easter-bunny

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2013, 01:20:45 am »

flower  ^What are you planning for Thanksgiving Ceridwen?  Or anybody else for that matter?  I have my pastry dough done for the 3 (gasp) pies and the potatoes peeled.  The turkey's (got a fresh one this year) marinating in olive oil/sage.  I've got more people coming than I had planned on, so I finally put my foot down and said, "You bring this, you bring that."  Since I just moved I can't find all of my stuff, but it should be nice to watch football and stuff myself silly. 

What's everyone most thankful for?  In my little world, I'm just thankful that my children are healthy; I daren't ask for any more than that. 

Enjoy the day everybody who partakes!!!   thumbsup

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2013, 01:29:36 am »

Hi Yooper,  Hi  as for Thanksgiving, well, as usual it's always in my house.  On any given night, I'm the cook in the house but on Thanksgiving, my husband is the chef.  He bakes an awesome turkey and I'm not just saying that because he's my husband  tehe but seriously, the man can bake.  So pretty, much, we're having everything traditional but he'll throw in a macaroni and cheese (with ham) because it's our daughter's favorite.   flower

I'm in charge with dessert though and I'm going to bake a Pumpkin roll (several of them because it's the first to go), apply pie, brownies, chocolate chip cookies and fruit salad.  Yup, you heard me, fruit salad because it's my mother-in-law's favorite and don't ask me why.  I just make it for her because one mustn't offend ones' mother-in-law, right?  So there you have it.... Kiss

My dream fantasy of a Thanksgiving would be to drive off to somewhere and forget the in-laws but oh well....Maybe next year. spy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:31:29 am by Ceridwen » Logged

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2013, 01:41:48 am »

^Well, my Christmas wish is to some day (EGAD) have a daughter-in-law just like you!   thankyou

It all sounds just yummy and I, too, have been the resident cook for as many years as you can count.  Well, not so much over the last few Funeral Years as I call them, but now with so much loss in our family it's time to scrape up the last of the survivors and see what we come up with.  We're not much but we're all we've got.  I'm not referring to my children.  But, I hear you, I would love to just go out for Thanksgiving as I did in CA and be waited on.  No leftovers that way, tho.  So, nothing's perfect. 

Would you kindly share what a 'pumpkin roll' is?  That's a new one for me.  I'll bet it's delish.   flirt

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2013, 04:58:18 am »

Oh girls you're making me drool with al this talk on food! sigh sigh

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #488 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:06 am »

Oh my Lord what a spread we had today.  It was positively sinful.  But, so many showed up!  Pumpkin pie, apple pie, turkey breast stuffed with prosciutto, corn bread and regular stuffing, my world famous mashed spuds, gravy, the good ol' bean casserole and on and on and on.

And the Lions beat the Packers 40 to 10!!!  Yessssssssssss. 

It turned out to be a great day after all was said and done.  Here's your Thanksgiving laff.   My eldest son had a date planned for the evening but ended up back at the house after about an hour.  He said his stomach was so bloated he had to cut it short and come home and just hit the WC.  He really went overboard.  HA!

I hope you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday today and now the Big One is ahead.  This was a great trial run to see what I need to make for Christmas dinner.  I know what things I need to dig around and find that are hidden in unpacked boxes.  Ferinstance, I had to run out and buy a potato peeler.  How silly.

Ceridwen!!!!  Pleeeez tell me what a Pumpkin Roll is.  I'm dying to try it.    thankyou

Kiss

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #489 on: November 29, 2013, 04:15:37 am »

Hi Yooper,  Hi  You're so sweet.  I do love my mother-in-law, despite her demands.  She's a lovely woman, funny as can be who loves dirty jokes!!  laugh

Sorry for the delayed response.  I had a wild day today.  My kitchen sink pipe (the supply line) somehow started leaking and my dear husband (he is a medical doctor by the way) thought that he could fix it even though I insisted that we should call the plumber.  He said, "how hard could it be - it's not as if it's brain surgery!!!"   Now this was at 7 am and so he reassured me that we'll have Thanksgiving as usual.  And so my crazy husband (always thinking that he could save everything) made it worse.  2 hours tinkering under the sink, I heard a very loud noise and the entire sink collapse on his head and water (and this time) was gushing in full force, flooding the entire kitchen.  I had to ran outside the house and turned off the main water switch.  Our dog even ran away to the backyard and our daughter went on top of the kitchen island.  Anyway, I had to call the plumber and was informed by a voice message that due to being a holiday, that they're close.  I called several plumbing companies and received similar news.  Low and behold, 20 minutes later, one of the plumbers called and he said that he'll be in our house in about 30 min-1 hour.  So to make the long story short, the plumber arrived and fixed the problem and billed us a $800.00!!!!  Hubby is fine, no injury (head is fine)... flower

We still had our Thanksgiving (I don't know how we managed it with a flooding kitchen) but we were able to have the spread especially my mother-in-law's fruit salad!!!  Families/friends came, ate and helped cleaned up the mess!!!  Now, I'm exhausted and I have to work tomorrow!!!  Shocked Shocked

OK as for the PUMPKIN ROLL - it is a spongy pumpkin cake in a roll with a cream cheese filling.  It's not my recipe, I sort of borrowed it from Yahoo food line and so, if you want the recipe, I'll give you the link.  It's very delicious!!!!   Kiss

Hi Akasha, Happy Thanksgiving .... hello  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:18:58 am by Ceridwen » Logged

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #490 on: November 29, 2013, 12:13:02 pm »

hello ^Ceridwen, thank you for the info on the Pumpkin Roll.  I'll look it up and if I don't find anything I'll come back to you with hat in hand.  I will take your remark about your mother-in-law and never be demanding.  Yeah, whatever, Yoop.   laugh  She's lucky to have you, tho.

WHY does the plumbing, heating, something go wrong on a holiday?  I had a husband like that, too, btw.  He couldn't even fix a doorknob, so household fixit was my job for major unknown work I always said, "Shouldn't we call an expert on this, honey?  Hmmm?"   SMH.  One Thanksgiving I accidentally dropped my rubber glove down the kitchen sink and after many hunts for the tool box, a ghastly mess in the kitchen because nobody put a bucket under the sink when they took the catch tubing out, he finally cracked and called the plumber.  Luckily, his kid played on Rick's hockey team, so that was a major bonus.  But, what a fiasco and a funny memory now.  The holidays are not for wussies. 

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #491 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:51 pm »

laugh laugh
Ah those are such classic story's for a romcom movie tehe
"HELP! My hubby is a handyman! (at least he thinks he is)"

Though I guess it's pretty annoying and stressful if it happens during holiday! there

So did any of you go blackfriday shopping?

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #492 on: November 29, 2013, 09:48:55 pm »

^Oh, Akasha, as you know all too well, my life is one long romcomtearjerker.  Aaah, yes, those magical holiday moments such as when we all sat down at the table for Christmas and watched my late-as-usual son drive up the driveway with his car on fire.  Good times.  Goooood times.   flirt

Black Friday?  Not I!!!!  Mrs. Santa Online Shopper here.  Anybody else boycott that nonsense or didja get suckered in as I did last year and almost got killed in the stampede???

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #493 on: November 29, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »

we don't do black friday in Belgium so no shopping for me.... sob
i have to wait for the january sales before i go on a spree tehe Cool

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #494 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06:46 pm »

^I know, you little pill!  That's why I headed for France last year and got some major deals.  Will I have any chances to get shopping price breaks in February?  Probably not.  Would love to go shopping with you again.  You're the only one I know who has the patience.  (Or did you...sorry!)

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #495 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:47 pm »

I loved shopping with you, you know what you want and don't endlessly dangle from one store to the next. thumbsup
You're rather efficient when it comes to shopping! (at least in the real world, I'm not so sure about the internet... hide)
You told that shop assistent (whom I found a little snooty and unfocused tbh) exactly what you wanted and wouldn't be swayed to try this or that.
Even in So-Cal you went in, got what you wanted, tried it on, and went back out.
I on the other hand was a little overwhelmed by some stores, remember that mall thing... tehe

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #496 on: November 29, 2013, 11:17:37 pm »

laugh laugh
Ah those are such classic story's for a romcom movie tehe
"HELP! My hubby is a handyman! (at least he thinks he is)"

Though I guess it's pretty annoying and stressful if it happens during holiday! there

So did any of you go blackfriday shopping?

Hi Akasha and Yooper:   Hi

No I'm not much for Black Friday shopper - I'm more of an online shopper but hubby went.  He and our son went out to buy some electronicis (laptops, ipads, etc).  Anyway, I just got home from work and here in royal gossip!!! flower

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #497 on: November 29, 2013, 11:37:27 pm »

thumbsup thumbsup
I agree online shopping is far better then facing the hectic holiday crowds  nervous

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2013, 03:33:57 am »

^Black Friday is just Crazy Town.  It's different, I think, if you have little kids and they want one particular item or you're an adult who needs an electronic device.  But, I truly believe people get into a frenzy and buy things that will end up being buyer's remorse.  I wonder what the return rate on purchases are after Christmas.

^^Thanks for the thumbs up on my shopping skills, Akasha.  I tend to be a warrior about that and usually have a plan ahead of time and great sales resistance.  You stood firm with me with that distracted and pretentious sales lady.  Many thanks for that.  And, oh, yeah, your mall thing.   laugh   And then the guys with guns that freaked me out!  And you were all cool about it.  It's funny.  There are very few Americans who have ever actually seen an assault rifle in public.  And don't forget our cocoa and Mr. Handsome at the hotel......

As for me, I'm heading to a book that's got me riveted tonight.  Can't remember the name but it's about a Polish doctor in Poland, 1939 who saves many lives - true story and fascinating.  Hang on...."Country Of Ash".  Not lighthearted but keeps my priorities in line.

Good night, ladies (and gents?)

Oops.  Just saw this, speaking of Black Friday.  That's the holiday spirit, folks:  http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/29/21678849-women-get-into-black-friday-stun-gun-fight-inside-the-mall?lite

One woman apparently used a stun gun on another after an all-out brawl inside of the Franklin Mills Mall in Northeast Philadelphia.
Mike Napolitano was in the mall with two of his friends when they came up on the fight.
"It started out, one couple was fighting with another couple. They had words, the guys got into a fight and then the girls," said Napolitano, who videotaped the melee. "One couple, they were like a family  and all, with a young child in a stroller."
The video shows the two women punching each other and someone in the crowd yelling, "No, stop."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:36:19 am by Yooper » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2013, 11:31:00 pm »

Yup: food, alcohol, shopping, greed, aggression and trying to outdo each other with a higher price tagged present.
After all noting shows you care about each other better then getting/giving the newest hottest trendiest new item in town.
That's what Christmas is all about, right folks!
(and ppl wonder why I get disgusted with modern humanity sometimes...)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: