Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 03:03:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee Preparations  (Read 22433 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2012, 03:22:37 am »

Hm.  Well, I'm hoping somebody has a full list of activities and that people aren't left feeling let down.  It's a tough balancing act to put on an event like this and maintain a level of respect for the cost issue.  I believe I read remarks of discontent about the floating barge bit already.  That one, I think, they really dropped a chance to involve the people and I hope that I'm wrong and that anyone can enter, at a safe distance, and decorate their boats with lights.  Like we do on the 4th of July in Boston, San Diego (awesome) and along the coasts.  It's a good feeling to be a part of something greater.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2012, 06:09:40 am »

I doubt it; after all, if there were things planned, we would know by now.

Instead it's a bunch of receptions/dinners and several services of thanksgiving. IF the people were invited to participate, it would have been announced months ago.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2012, 07:15:54 am »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/47584716#47584716

This also includes comment on the Olympics, so not sure where to put this, but it does show some of the planning for the Jubilee which look pretty good!  Anyway, NBC's latest.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:24 am »

http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/TheQueenandspecialanniversaries/TheQueensDiamondJubilee2012/TheDiamondJubileeCentralWeekend.aspx

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

^ thankyou, TB.  If I hadn't been so lazy, I'd have looked that up myself.  Thank you for saving me the time.  It's very interesting and quite a lot is going on, but it's not overdone and seems to be a good balance.  Yes/No?

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2012, 11:40:27 am »

Jubilation: Britain goes Diamond Jubilee crazy as four-day party to celebrate Queen's 60 glorious years bursts into life
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153362/Diamond-Jubilee-Britain-goes-crazy-Queens-special-party.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: