Royal Gossip
May 23, 2017, 02:17:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Jubilee Preparations  (Read 22136 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2012, 09:47:13 pm »

^^^Is it possible that it's a rendering of HM as a young girl or before her coronation? 

^It's too bad there's so much red tape or hurt feelings/mishandling with these things, but it never fails.  It still sounds cool, to me and hope the event doesn't get tarnished.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2012, 05:18:35 am »

-
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:21:30 am by Magnolia » Logged

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

the photo of the girl is one of those that make the big picture of the Queen, is not Kate M.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:56 pm »

Queen's Diamond Jubilee: A diamond exhibition to open at Buckingham Palace

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG9229257/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-A-diamond-exhibition-to-open-at-Buckingham-Palace.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »

Only the Wales family & Queen+DoE will be in the balcony for the grand day.

Leila
Countess

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »

Why is that? Doesn't cost money to put them all on the balcony so what's the excuse?
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2012, 10:17:49 am »

They are sending out a message that this small group is the future of the monarchy and that they are slimming it down. They are trying to make it look like the"hangers on " as many critics label the extended family are kept in the background.

Everything they do is stage managed to the enth degee to keep promoting the same message and to keep reinforcing the Windsor brand in the public's eye. It's very very clever, highly controlled and man or woman in the street is, in the main, totally unaware of how they are funding this aspect of monarchy. Many of the press officers come from the Civil Service - Miguel Head who works for W&H was with the MoD for example.

The first back press officer Coleen Harris is CS through and through:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1351706/Charles-appoints-first-black-royal-press-secretary.html

So, in short, the public foots the bill for Brand Windsor to bombard them with PR/propaganda to persuade them to look favourablyon the monarchy, aided and abetted by a supine MSM, the BBC and of course the no criticism rule in Parliament.

You have to take your hat off to them - it's a Rolls Royce of an operation.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Leila
Countess

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2012, 11:11:02 am »

So there'll be even more focus on WK on the balcony. It'll be very clear that she is the 'future' of the monarchy.  ick They'll regret that when the s** finally hits the fan. There'll be no distancing themselves from her then if they put her centre stage like this.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2012, 11:17:53 am »

Yes I fear so Leila. If you imagine who will be there - the Queen and PP yes fine but then we have two highly divisive and controversial daughters-in-law - Camilla and Kate. They will really take centre stage and it might not be the hit the RF hope it will be.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »

Sad to say this but I am not looking forward to this at all.  Really don't care to read how this is going to be all about what Kate wore and how well she did!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2012, 03:32:00 pm »

A-listers who made it on to the royal sea-list: From plumbers to Dukes, we reveal definitive list of who's who (and where) on the Queen's great royal boat show

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2150511/Diamond-Jubilee-From-plumbers-Dukes-reveal-definitive-list-whos-Queens-great-royal-boat-show.html

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:12 pm »

Sad to say this but I am not looking forward to this at all.  Really don't care to read how this is going to be all about what Kate wore and how well she did!

What a letdown the Jubilee festivities are; enve the DM is putting the Jubilee in a secondary position.

I am sure that the people are bitterly disappointed in their monarch and perhaps if HM had dealt with the Middletons decisively, her Jubilee would be a watershed in that it would be an end to so many of the struggels and family problems in her reign.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:28 am »

Is it just us, though, maybe with the cynicism?  Perhaps there are many who are truly enjoying this and not getting the dynamics at all.  Has there been a major influx of tourists into London for these events?  Will the Mall be packed, etc.?

I'm just saying that we/I have one view and I believe it's the clearest, but certainly there must be quite a few who are rejoicing at the chance to see WK in all her glory.  Makes me furious that she should be upstaging, but she will, as predicted.  I hope she accidentally knocks HM's hat off with all her hand-talking on the balcony.  wish, wish, wish.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2012, 12:58:56 am »

Is it just us, though, maybe with the cynicism?

Not really; people want to be part of the 'moment,' which is why many went to the wedding. William could ave been marrying a Spice Girl and people would have still come and participated. As it is, businesses don't wnat to donate, the usual delegates and royalties are coming, and the press (even the sucking up DM) is sidelining the Jubilee and other stuff in favor of more pressing stories like about a demented serial killer or perhaps the latest celebrity pregnancy or perhaps something else and more often than not, Kate is the main front and center adn she's been also a target of hostility. A lot of people admire HM, but when many heard about the brooch she got at a flower show, well, there were a lot of green arrows next to a critical comment.

The preparations of the Jubilee have had amazing creations of art, but people see HM as the one who is going ot be riding in it and she's not even going ot be close to the people, she's going ot be smack dab in the middle of the Thames surrounded by security and other flotillas. They know that HM isn't making the public taxpayers anything nice or helping the nation turn this into a true celebration.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2012, 01:49:30 am »

^Ok, I see.  Frankly, I don't have any sense of real excitement building up to this and have heard next to nothing except Katie Couric regarding the events.  It has a feeling of disorganization to me, but then I don't have any idea if that's the norm or not.  I don't even know the date or what's happening, really.

The media has, I'll agree, kind of dropped the ball on this and they don't do things without a reason.  It's too bad, really, because anybody who's been at a job that long deserves something special.

But, I agree, KF, and feel a sort of black cloud over the whole thing.  Perhaps it's the economy, or PW's sour puss, WK's uselessness, or something that people just smell/feel in their bones that this whole monarchy thing isn't working as it once did.  Not sure.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2012, 02:03:52 am »

You know, when the French monarchy was still going, Marie Antoinette was hailed as a perfect queen and Louis a perfect king, but the problem was that a lot of the celebrations were shallow and they were definately not heartfelt. The British press seems to be reporting on it dutifully, but with a sense of impatient reluctance, not with the excitement about this historical moment. They are treating it like it's an upcoming holiday glorifying the monarchy.

It's not the press that is dropping the ball, but the RF. Queen Victoria's Jubilee was a huge success mainly because she cared about the country and Empire and the people knew it. It's not like HM has really shown anything ebyond doing her duty and I think it's beginning to sink in that HM was a reluctant monarch, she does her duty, but she has done nothingn more ebyond that, not really even tried. She has been a letdown and it's not like she's gone out of her way to make the nation a real part of this.

As usual she is keeping her distance, she is using 'maintaining her dignity' as an excsue for her standoffishness and she is pretty much taking a wrecking ball to all of this by letting the Middletons run roughshod over HER event and an event that should be celebrating the nation as well as herself. These preparations are so boring and standard and not really celebrating the unique history of England, just a handful of lavish state receptions and a ball or two.

If you don't mind my saying, no effort at all was put into this by the RF and the people sense as much. It's not like HM solved a series of problems and is going to celebrate with her nation the joys of there finally being peace and stability. The monarchy hasn't been treated like a monarchy and is now so cut off that the people are indifferent to the RF, when they aren't resenting Kate or William or the fact that hte Midds are exploiting this.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2012, 02:13:27 am »

First of all, I get a sense of frustration in your tone, KF, and if I'm right, join the club.

Secondly, what I don't understand is that we can't believe that the BRF has all this control over the media re WK and yet they aren't out there selling this Jubilee.  That's my confusion point.  Is HM just trying to be lowkey and sensitive to costs? Is HM ill/fed up?  Have the powers that be not been given any direction?  (that one makes some sense to me)

In order for the media to promote this, they do indeed have to get information or events or some kind of crumbs thrown at them to build this up.  So, who's controlling this whole thing?  What could the RF have done differently to make this a much more thrilling event?  Not letting the Midds on board would've been a good start....

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2012, 02:25:03 am »

The RF could for once get off of their high horse and actively work on making Britain sparkley and exciting for foreign tourists by:

*Setting up paid tours hosted by members of the RF (money goes to charity)
*Opening the private art galleries; since they after all 'belong' to the nation, the nation should see them
*Work on cleaning up the Thames and streets, therefore making Britain look good, along with working on the facades of the homes lining London
*Set up a series of open door picnics at the estates of the nobility inviting the locals to meet the RF
*Make the event turly magical by putting on as much of the jewels in teh Tower and stunning the people in a full dress parade
*Let people who are able to pay create tehir own flotillas and then participate in the river pageant
*Cramming their diaries full of appearances and making it a point to see it as interesting and an honor to be there

It's not like this can't be done, but for some reasons the Windsors don't want to do anything. Always sitting there waiting for the courtiers or someone else to do all the work.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2012, 02:33:49 am »

So, none of this is happening?  These are standard celebratory events and KF laid it all out there and they're just the basics.  Anyone from the London area or the UK see any of this happening or about to happen?

They're having fireworks, right?  And music?  Street dances?  Commemorative plates and tat galore, I'm sure.  I just have NO feel for this at all and would love to hear from someone on the front lines because KF's right.  If the BRF aren't willing to pull out as many stops as possible to make this a true event for the people then it's a definite sign of distancing themselves from their own people.  This isn't just a celebration for HM; it's for everyone who's been along for the ride.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2012, 02:45:25 am »

To my knowledge none of that is happening beyond the tat. No street dances and no fountains filled with wine/beer and free roasts (as the Tudors and others did) and there might be fireworks, but really, anyone can have fun with fireworks. The Windsors seem to have their vices, but are certainly judgemental about those of others. It's times like this that I really wodner just why on earth I was an admirer of HM and the Windsors; before the engagement I was glad ot see them doing well and glad ot see taht they were being taken off of the Civil List and looking forward to the Jubilee festivities. Now I see them as a bucnh of gutless wimips who let the gutter press run their lives.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: