Royal Gossip
October 18, 2017, 03:59:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit to have surgery  (Read 4531 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: November 13, 2013, 05:46:58 pm »

Mette-Marit to have surgery

Mette-Marit to have surgery

by Anneon November 13, 2013

On October 8, the Norwegian royal court announced that the neck prolapse of Crown Princess Mette-Marit had returned, and that the Crown Princess was on sick leave for two weeks.  On October 21, they announced that the leave had been expanded 6-8 weeks, as she was not better.

She is still not better and the doctors have recommended that she will undergo surgery.

“We had hoped, for a long time, to avoid surgery, and we have waited as long as possible. She is in great pain now, so surgery is a necessity,” Marianne Hagen, Communication manager at the Royal Court, told NTB.

The royal court announced today that the Crown Princess will have surgery on her neck to remove the herniated disc as well as release some of the pressure on the nerves in the neck. The surgery will take place this week, and the Crown Princess will remain in hospital for a few days after the surgery

http://norwegianne.net/2013/11/13/mette-marit-to-have-surgery/

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/Kronprinsesse-Mette-Marit-ma-opereres-7372523.html

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:09:54 am »

Lobotomy to improve her work ethic?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:23:04 am »

laugh

[/URL]
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:01 am »

Lobotomy to improve her work ethic?

OMG, she wishes ...  tehe Shocked

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 05:02:33 am »

tehe good one KFi

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 05:30:28 am »

I try to be 'nice,' but women like Mette just break my intentions to pieces.

Maybe she has bad health from her drugs and hard living. It all catches up to you in the thirties and then you end up feeling the effects of your life; Mette's is catching up and it wouldn't surprise me if in fact Mette had a badly damaged immune system and problems with her ability to resist disease.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 06:53:12 am »

It wouldn't surprised me - with her history of hard drug living, it will eventually catches up with her, probably now rather than sooner.  As a healthcare worker, I've seen it time and time again when people don't take care of themselves when they're young that the worst will manifest itself when they become geriatrics.  I've had patients who looked as if they're in their 80s when in fact they're only in their 40s suffering from COPD, CHF, etc.  And on one hand, I see century old men and women who don't look a day in their 70s.  DNA has a lot to do with it but so does youthful indiscretion.

Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 09:04:54 am »

this is really risky surgery and is usually a last resort.  There's every chance that it won't reduce her pain, and then she'll  be stuck on narcotic pain meds for life.  No more heavy tiaras for you, M-M.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »

Stuck on pain meds for life? Back to being a druggie, eh?

No more tiaras will make things awkward since after all, she does have to end up wearing them to state events and she can't skip them all.

Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:08 am »

I just had a thought - what if there is no neck surgery and this is just a cover story to keep her out of the public eye while her marriage finally disintegrates?

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 06:43:03 pm »

Could be a way of phasing her out of royal public eye, without raising attention to why she wasn't going to do events.

[/URL]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: