Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:20:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'You're lucky. I'm totally trapped': Prince Charles in his own astonishing words  (Read 10391 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »

I agree. They did a lot more damage than Edward and Wallis. Not only did C and C get away with what they did she got rewarded with lots of perks and the HRH. Edward who didn't feel compelled to marry a young woman to get heirs got punished. He realized he was not going to be faithful to a wife when he was besotted with a mistress and was honest with himself.

I too blame Charles more because he was 13 years older and had lots and lots more experience than his teen bride to be. Camilla was very experienced and knew how to manipulate things to her advantage.

He really should have been given the same choice his great uncle got: the mistress or the throne.

At least Edward VII who was a philanderer didn't stop sleeping with Alexandra for the sake of a pushy mistress. And none of the mistresses would have dared badmouth the wife.

And Charles did not have to marry. He could have let his brother succeed but he had such a big ego he wanted to have his flesh and blood kids succeed. It was a very cynical act on his part to marry Diana.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 10:41:20 pm »

goodpost Sandy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: