Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:58:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'You're lucky. I'm totally trapped': Prince Charles in his own astonishing words  (Read 10383 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2013, 10:32:07 pm »

Well, if he doesn´t want to walk away and have his freedom, and yes he would have freedom if he chose q very quiet life, which he could, then he needs to man up and shut up. All that whinging and whining, oh woe is me, blah blah blah.  he needs to look around and see all the people with nothing, can barely afford toothpaste let alone pay a lackey to squeeze it on to his toothbrush. The dim wit needs to use his brain on things other than Jimmy Savile type matters.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 11:58:43 pm »

no worries, at least PC doesnt sue the press when he complains about his life. And i do believe he has earned the right to complain after all he works very hard  nervous
sandy
Princess

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 12:03:44 am »

Well, Who's going to stop him from whining and whingeing? He's been doing it for years. And he has yes men like Fawcett around him sympathizing and saying Poor You constantly. He probably has an audience.
TeamCC
royal watcher

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 04:15:10 am »

I blame Charles more because he knowingly went into a marriage knowing he preferred the other woman. ANY marriage would be in deep trouble from the outset. His Great Uncle David never married the "suitable" girl because he knew he could not be faithful to her since he preferred HIS married mistress.

...  Charles should have found somebody who would agree to the arrangement ahead of time--not to expect love and agree to be in a menage a trois.

Charles bad training started when he was coddled by the Queen Mother who made him believe he was the center of the universe. She loved him but she overdid things a bit.

I think we have no idea of the pressures he must have had at the time : he had the example of the one who abdicated ( btw his sadness came from his woman actually cheating
on him after he lost all for her ).
  Also, Diana's sister - Sarah was actually the one for it, till Diana kind of stole the role. Diana was just an innocent child who had no understanding of what was involved.
It is very unfortunate she took her sister Sarah "place", and paid for it dearly. It would have been better Charles had stopped any relationship with Sarah for few years,
Sarah married happily someone else and THEN whoever found Diana suitable for the role, push Diana into Charles hands.
 I guess the attraction of marrying a prince and not the man is a huge trap very few naive girls, as well as the other type , the  gold-digging women can't resist.
The lesson here is : the Law of Nature always comes at play. You marry someone you do not love  really ( I am also talking about sexual lust here), expect hard times down the road.
The Law of Nature works for everyone. Talk about fairness. LOL.  laugh laugh laugh

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:17:24 am by TeamCC » Logged
TeamCC
royal watcher

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 04:22:57 am »

Well, if he doesn´t want to walk away and have his freedom, and yes he would have freedom if he chose q very quiet life, which he could, then he needs to man up and shut up. All that whinging and whining, oh woe is me, blah blah blah.  he needs to look around and see all the people with nothing, can barely afford toothpaste let alone pay a lackey to squeeze it on to his toothbrush. The dim wit needs to use his brain on things other than Jimmy Savile type matters.

The thing I like about this forum is the gossip.
You all are here fabulous posters.  flower
Thank you for pointing out what is real in a no-nonsense way and in a very matter of facts way while being very funny.  thankyou
It seems to me PC would do well to read well about the advice given here.  easter-wink
It might be time for PC to start having a real hands on positive approach into his roles and duties. Not just meddling
with elected politicians - aka people who have managed to get elected. And it is not an easy feat.
Times are definitively changing - including in the UK. It is quiet interesting to sense the germ of changes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:26:16 am by TeamCC » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 11:51:49 am »

I blame Charles more because he knowingly went into a marriage knowing he preferred the other woman. ANY marriage would be in deep trouble from the outset. His Great Uncle David never married the "suitable" girl because he knew he could not be faithful to her since he preferred HIS married mistress.

...  Charles should have found somebody who would agree to the arrangement ahead of time--not to expect love and agree to be in a menage a trois.

Charles bad training started when he was coddled by the Queen Mother who made him believe he was the center of the universe. She loved him but she overdid things a bit.

I think we have no idea of the pressures he must have had at the time : he had the example of the one who abdicated ( btw his sadness came from his woman actually cheating
  Also, Diana's sister - Sarah was actually the one for it, till Diana kind of stole the role. Diana was just an innocent child who had no understanding of what was involved.
It is very unfortunate she took her sister Sarah "place", and paid for it dearly. It would have been better Charles had stopped any relationship with Sarah for few years,
Sarah married happily someone else and THEN whoever found Diana suitable for the role, push Diana into Charles hands.
 I guess the attraction of marrying a prince and not the man is a huge trap very few naive girls, as well as the other type , the  gold-digging women can't resist.
The lesson here is : the Law of Nature always comes at play. You marry someone you do not love  really ( I am also talking about sexual lust here), expect hard times down the road.
The Law of Nature works for everyone. Talk about fairness. LOL.  laugh laugh laugh

Diana did not "steal" anything from Sarah. Sarah actually wanted out I think. If she really wanted Charles she would not have given that interview. Surely she would know that it would doom the relationship. I honestly don't think she wanted to marry him. Some rumors were about that she noticed all the attention paid by Charles to Kanga Tryon (Camilla was having kids with PB then). Diana was not even "next." Charles was involved with Amanda Knatchbull on and off during the seventies and actually proposed to her pre Diana, and Amanda turned him down. Charles actually had stopped the relationship for a few years before he moved on to Diana, after Amanda and Anna Wallace. Diana was dazzled by Charles who ardently courted her. She said she loved him to her biographers. I think she did.
TeamCC
royal watcher

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 12:57:47 pm »

I guess the attraction of marrying a prince and not the man is a huge trap very few naive girls, as well as the other type , the  gold-digging women can't resist.

Diana did not "steal" anything from Sarah. Sarah actually wanted out I think. If she really wanted Charles she would not have given that interview. Surely she would know that it would doom the relationship. I honestly don't think she wanted to marry him. Some rumors were about that she noticed all the attention paid by Charles to Kanga Tryon (Camilla was having kids with PB then). Diana was not even "next." Charles was involved with Amanda Knatchbull on and off during the seventies and actually proposed to her pre Diana, and Amanda turned him down. Charles actually had stopped the relationship for a few years before he moved on to Diana, after Amanda and Anna Wallace. Diana was dazzled by Charles who ardently courted her. She said she loved him to her biographers. I think she did.

Thank you for the time lines.

Now if you have a very good female friend and she was to tell you
my sister has dated a guy, she made some mistakes, they are not together,... and
I am thinking of dating him.

What would be your advice : go for it or wait that your sister get happily married
and there is a clear signal there is nada. Also, would you not add reservations
about the fact that he has dated your sister?

We know that people can date, break up and marry down the road.
Also, it is usually advisable to a Lady to avoid dating her
best girlfriend's former partner.

People around Dianna failed her, and young as she was she had no chances.
1) Nobody advised her to avoid going out with her sister former partners.
  It is usually considered a no no to sleep with a man who has slept with your own sister.
2) Nobody informed her that you can never be sure of what is in a woman's heart.
  Obviously Sarah is never going to say she might have still hoped a rekinkle, but who knows
  and what if.
3) Nobody informed her of the pitfalls she was putting herself into by getting married to PC.
  Apparently when her intuition was telling her at the last minute not to, her own family
  informed her it was too late, instead of reassuring her and telling her to trust her intuition.
  Very caring families might have advised her to fall  ill, stay in bed for a good 12 months,
  and after the recovery have an arrangement that no wedding was to go ahead.

I have discussed with so many 50s and 60s beautiful  women ( real catch women of yesterdays' criteria)
who were so ill advised but encouraged to enter into really unsuitable marriages.
Yes he was a very good party, it was an honor to be asked to be married to him, so flattered etc...
They all paid the price. And the hardest thing being "what could have been" when they met "the one".
The saddest thing in their eyes is when they start to talk about the one, that they actually really loved.
Diana if I remember from her interview sounded very much like she really loved
James Hewitt and it was not just a fling. She loved him with all her heart.
I am actually glad that she had some moments of real and deep couple happiness and joy.

PC : she might have felt honored, flattered,  impressed or even liked him...
but sorry she did not love him. James H. was the one she really loved.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:06:16 pm by TeamCC » Logged
TeamCC
royal watcher

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

There are some really simple principles :

1) do not sleep with a man or woman your blood sibling has slept with
2) in case of doubts, do not get married to the person
3) when you know you do not really love someone, do not get married.

no buts he/she is rich
 no buts the family
 no buts we are good friends
 no buts he/she/family/times...

get married for the right reasons : everybody's life is too precious.
when there is no real love, just know that sooner or later disasters will happen.

Law of Nature, and it works for everyone.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »

a. Chuck never touched Sarah ... it was a old fashioned courtship intended for marriage not to have a one night stand ...

b. Please ... Di was just lonely she didn't love Hewitt ...

I agree The Spencers wanted The Crown and Di payed ... they were no better than The Middletons no matter how blue their blood was ...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:47:30 pm by Jane23 » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 05:43:48 pm »

I guess the attraction of marrying a prince and not the man is a huge trap very few naive girls, as well as the other type , the  gold-digging women can't resist.

Thank you for the time lines.

Now if you have a very good female friend and she was to tell you
my sister has dated a guy, she made some mistakes, they are not together,... and
I am thinking of dating him.

What would be your advice : go for it or wait that your sister get happily married
and there is a clear signal there is nada. Also, would you not add reservations
about the fact that he has dated your sister?

We know that people can date, break up and marry down the road.
Also, it is usually advisable to a Lady to avoid dating her
best girlfriend's former partner.

People around Dianna failed her, and young as she was she had no chances.
1) Nobody advised her to avoid going out with her sister former partners.
  It is usually considered a no no to sleep with a man who has slept with your own sister.
2) Nobody informed her that you can never be sure of what is in a woman's heart.
  Obviously Sarah is never going to say she might have still hoped a rekinkle, but who knows
  and what if.
3) Nobody informed her of the pitfalls she was putting herself into by getting married to PC.
  Apparently when her intuition was telling her at the last minute not to, her own family
  informed her it was too late, instead of reassuring her and telling her to trust her intuition.
  Very caring families might have advised her to fall  ill, stay in bed for a good 12 months,
  and after the recovery have an arrangement that no wedding was to go ahead.

I have discussed with so many 50s and 60s beautiful  women ( real catch women of yesterdays' criteria)
who were so ill advised but encouraged to enter into really unsuitable marriages.
Yes he was a very good party, it was an honor to be asked to be married to him, so flattered etc...
They all paid the price. And the hardest thing being "what could have been" when they met "the one".
The saddest thing in their eyes is when they start to talk about the one, that they actually really loved.
Diana if I remember from her interview sounded very much like she really loved
James Hewitt and it was not just a fling. She loved him with all her heart.
I am actually glad that she had some moments of real and deep couple happiness and joy.

PC : she might have felt honored, flattered,  impressed or even liked him...
but sorry she did not love him. James H. was the one she really loved.

Sarah publicly said that Charles was like a "big brother" to her. It would have been "incestuous" for her to sleep with him. It was not great great love. I don't think she loved him or wanted to marry him

The Spencers were avid for a daughter to marry into the royal family. Jane married the Queen's Secretary and Sarah ultimately married her stepmother's cousin. The Family was rooting for Diana to marry the Prince, her maternal grandmother did much scheming to get Diana into the RF.

Sarah had an eating disorder and she got it under control. I think had she married him she'd have had a flareup like her sister.

I think Diana as she said 'adored' Hewitt but she said she was "let down." The way the guy betrayed her certainly would cool any "love".  Diana I think died before she had a chance to meet the man who would genuinely lover her.

Diana's mother didn't help her, she felt it was time for Diana to get married. Her father was all for the match and avid about it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:45:53 pm by sandy » Logged
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 06:18:45 pm »

Diana was dazzled by Charles who ardently courted her. She said she loved him to her biographers. I think she did.

Di couldn't possibly have been "in love" when she married.  13 meetings or dates with someone, even in the real world does not equate to love. 

She did know about Camilla pre - wedding, it's written just about everywhere, and that is why she said "I feel like a lamb to the slaughter."   Understandably so.

What I don't understand is this lamb to slaughter riding around on a bike the night before singing "I'm going to marry the Prince Of Wales Tomorrow" for all to hear, and then singing O Sole Mio as she dressed for her wedding.

I believe she wanted the title and position every bit as much as WK.  She also loved to shop. In many respects she and WK just might have liked each other, but I doubt the Middleton's would have been Di's cup of tea.

She was caught up in a fantasy and it didn't work out - I think both wanted the marriage to work, but it didn't. In this world today, many marriages fail under the same circumstances.

As for her sister, Sarah, I agree, she didn't want marriage to Charles as she wasn't in love and said 'no'.   No one stopped Di saying 'no' - she was over 18 by the time she married, and many of us have said 'no' to things before the age of 20.   Many women are hurt as badly as Di.  Many women suffer pain and anguish.  Nothing is assured in this world - we are all human, and all have our flaws and our strengths, as did Di.

I feel sad for her - I feel sad for both of them.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 06:31:03 pm »

She married him and had two children with him.  . All I know is she said she loved him when she married him. I think she'd always have loved him (in a different way) as the father of her children. With all due respect it is your opinion that she could not possibly have been in love. The woman is on record several times saying she loved Charles and thought he loved her.

She did not know "ALL" about Camilla. If she had the powers to see in the future and see "everything she would have run away fast. She did say she had "hope in her heart" at the time of the wedding and believed it was "over" with C and C. Of course she knew that C and C were once involved but didn't know Camilla would not stay out of the picture. Charles did try to reassure her and at first passed off Camilla as his "safe" married friend. With two small children about and a husband Diana probably had a false sense of security.

Charles wanted a wife and heirs. He courted Diana not the other way around. He began a whirlwind courtship with Lady Di soon after Anna Wallace dumped him. Diana was from an old noted aristo family and was a catch. Kate came from working class parents. No comparison.  Diana already had royal blood in her own right and her pedigree was played up in  the wedding literature.

Sarah was older than Diana when Charles came a calling. She was interested in making a spectacular marriage with a wealthy aristo who dropped her. She dated Charles and was not interested in marrying him.

Diana OTOH was dazzled by the Prince who all of a sudden took an interest in her. She had no past experience and nothing to compare it to. Charles wanted to have his heirs and Diana filled the bill.

Charles who didn't completely sever ties with his mistress did not try hard enough to stop accepting gifts, calling Camillla and seeing her at hunts, etc. I don't think he tried very hard in any case when he got the heirs off he went back to Camilla.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:32:47 pm by sandy » Logged
discoveryme
gossip insider

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2013, 08:58:24 pm »

A woman in love with a man will not go on tv and talk garbage about his suitability as king... As always bringing Camilla into a conversation... There is no proof the couple were in contact after he married that unsuitable woman until 1986 when the marriage broke down due to their incompatibility (no one else but both of them were responsible). She wanted to be princess and queen and have babies with him who would become kings knowing he loved another... That is not a woman in love with the man, it's an ambitious woman who wanted status.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

Good post Sandy.  I don´t blame Diana for going on tv and bad mouthing charles, he made a fool of her big time, he used and abused her.  Charles treated Diana very shabbily. As for comparing wasty with Diana, very difficult thing to do, they are not even in the same league I am sorry to say, not in any way.  Wasty is a totally classless commoner, and it shows.  Whatever "it" is, Diana had it in bucketfuls.  Yes, I did like Diana, no I did not put her on a pedestal, she was human and emotional like the rest of us.  The rf sucked her in and blew her out in bubbles down the drain, poor girl.  What did most of us know at her age, 19, when we got married. Thought we knew everything didn´t as it mostly turns out.  We thought we could change the world, it was there for the taking.  Charles was early thirties, should have known far better.  He should never have married if campon was his one true love.  Oops, and there was the affair with Kanga, and goodness knows who else.  He couldn´t see past his heir and spare and then Diana was redundant, he was indifferent then, job done, duty over.  Diana had to grow up fast in the family, married to him.  Yes, she manipulated the press, but so did Charles.  He played the game dirty, and she learned how to do the same thing  -  I would have been the same in her shoes, and why not.  If I wanted to be generous I would apportion the blame 50/50, but then I don´t really want to be generous.  In any event, none of us know what truly went on behind closed doors, and never will, but why should Diana shoulder all the blame, especially as she is no longer here and cannot defend herself.  Diana was not perfect, but then are any of us  -  I sure know I´m not. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 10:31:15 pm »

Charles, if you dislike this so much, bug off with your companion.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:15 am »

A woman in love with a man will not go on tv and talk garbage about his suitability as king... As always bringing Camilla into a conversation... There is no proof the couple were in contact after he married that unsuitable woman until 1986 when the marriage broke down due to their incompatibility (no one else but both of them were responsible). She wanted to be princess and queen and have babies with him who would become kings knowing he loved another... That is not a woman in love with the man, it's an ambitious woman who wanted status.

Apparently the "unsuitable" woman was considered "suitable" by the Prince to have his heirs. Apparently he did not think Camilla was "suitable" to have his kids since he did not tell her to wait for him when he went to sea. So she up and married her long term BF Andrew Parker Bowles. without the "unsuitable" woman as you call her there would be no William and Harry. Karma destiny or whatever, Diana will appear in the genealogical charts not Camilla.

A man who has any respect for his wife would not go on TV and tell the world (including his sons) that he had an affair with Camilla and told his biographer (this appeared  in his authorized biography) that he was "forced" to marry their mother. That interview is always conveniently ignored. Something BTW he did over a year before Diana's interview.  The book authorized by Charles is still out there and he really does a job on Diana. And his parents as well.

Diana was no masochist or a Seer. She had no way of knowing Charles would cling to the mistress or the mistress would even mark her territory by sending gifts to Charles on the honeymoon. Diana thought the man loved her if he went through a wedding ceremony.  It's amazing how Charles is given a free pass implying Diana "asked for it."  

I think Camilla is the woman who wanted status. She would not have given Charles the right time if he wasn't who he was. And she got perks, bling, and an HRH by being the misress.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:04:52 am by sandy » Logged
TeamCC
royal watcher

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 03:50:25 am »

*   I don't know about you, but comparing Diana to KM is a real insult to Diana.
I don't really understand who wants to degrade Diana like that.
Diana had so much qualities, and came from such a great lineage and had
such good character, and was actually a very positive contributor, ... that
to compare Diana to KM is like disgracing Diana's image and memory.
The huge problem was Diana was extremely young and could not have any idea
of what she was really getting herself into. Even when her intuition kicked in,
her family did not do the right thing for her.

* KM is not even a good example of what good British commoners are.
Sorry to break the news, there are actually very remarkable and beautiful
Bristish women commoners. Many wealthy and unbalanced men, who are into
intoxicants (?) and  have below the belt "issues", get tempted to finish with commoners
who are into "escorting" ( in vulgar terms hooking)  for high profile and high networth men.
Usually the mum or sister is the one who make the boy sees sense
and not continue the degradation. 
Even commoners do not value the "escort"-type of women very highly.
First commoners despise these women because they are often seen as lazy and do not work.
A commoner does work - even after the necessity is not there.
So give British commoners a break.

*   Diana was very much very ill advised to enter into a very unsuitable marriage.
In my view, she was a real catch and extremely suitable future bride;
but the marriage situation was absolutely wrong

* PC and Camilla : it is clear that Camilla was found unsuitable for PC at the time.
I would not even be astonished IF while he left, she was explained in no
uncertain terms that she had better settled down, that he had someone else in views etc...
and who knows may be this message was delivered by someone representing PC.
Anything to get Camilla out of the picture : break her heart ( same thing as Jecca : crass methods),
get her to marry ( same thing as Jacca : encouraging her to settle down ).
PC comes back and finds Camilla married....

Does history repeats itself?

* However, for Diana and PC marriage : everybody seemed happy for the marriage to go ahead - even when it was
clearly for the wrong reasons. The idea being once they are married, they just have to work
hard at it. The only problem is the Law of Nature has to run its course.
And it always does.

The moral of the story : do not go and manipulate situations to force marriages,
 and do not get married for the wrong reasons

The consequences have been : 2 boys grew up  orphans from their mother side.
And I think - but I am not sure- one boy blaming the mum's death on his own family.
Now, apparently, one of them might have been involved with a woman who created the same :
 2 boys are now orphan boys from their indian  mother side.
Now, God knows how this will play out within the next 40 years.
The Law of Nature just takes a LOT of time to fully play its course.
May be the Law of Nature will be using new baby George to play out the results of the
creation of these two orphans.
Some kid might end up hating his own parents and  accusing his own
parents of murder, etc...
Does history repeat itself?

We can learn a lot from their example.
This is why I also spend some time here, to get good and actual teaching material for
my students.  thankyou

* Had Diana been alive, there is no way PW would have finished with KM :
Diana, like any mother, would have seen that he would not got himself involved in the
first place with a student displaying her body under transparent clothes in a public fashion show...
Diana, who had so much hope for developing her boys character would definitively
have put the foot down here.
As we all know, what a boy  learns from his mum  is not to bring in escorts, *pavement walkers*, etc... to your
mum's house. Hence men will say there are two type of women :
the one you can present to your mother and the others.

* I would not have been astonished if Diana had been alive,  I would guess he would
have actually married someone similar to Isabella, actually a real catch.
And I really wonder if some crass were not played out to Isabella when PW was trying to
court her - such as "you know Isabella, KM is actually pregnant from PW" would be
an efficient way to get Isabella out of the picture. But who knows what/IF other methods
were used. Time will tell. The Law of Nature always takes its course. 
 I can not even imagine Diana encouraging any stories of proposing at another Lady's family home,
of forbidding Isabella to attend a wedding party, and God knows what other crass
were played out to make sure PW got trapped into the Middleton's nets.

Moral of the story :
 - one can not really forsee the consequences, just imagine possibilities.
So best to avoid the wrong path, reasons, and stay on the right path.

Thanks again for my teaching material.  easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny
sandy
Princess

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 11:07:27 am »

If Camilla was "told" by PC reps to marry elsewhere, her having a wedding ring from another man, didn't stop Charles from thinking entitled to sleep with her.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »

Good post Sandy.  I don´t blame Diana for going on tv and bad mouthing charles, he made a fool of her big time, he used and abused her.  Charles treated Diana very shabbily. As for comparing wasty with Diana, very difficult thing to do, they are not even in the same league I am sorry to say, not in any way.  Wasty is a totally classless commoner, and it shows.  Whatever "it" is, Diana had it in bucketfuls.  Yes, I did like Diana, no I did not put her on a pedestal, she was human and emotional like the rest of us.  The rf sucked her in and blew her out in bubbles down the drain, poor girl.  What did most of us know at her age, 19, when we got married. Thought we knew everything didn´t as it mostly turns out.  We thought we could change the world, it was there for the taking.  Charles was early thirties, should have known far better.  He should never have married if campon was his one true love.  Oops, and there was the affair with Kanga, and goodness knows who else.  He couldn´t see past his heir and spare and then Diana was redundant, he was indifferent then, job done, duty over.  Diana had to grow up fast in the family, married to him.  Yes, she manipulated the press, but so did Charles.  He played the game dirty, and she learned how to do the same thing  -  I would have been the same in her shoes, and why not.  If I wanted to be generous I would apportion the blame 50/50, but then I don´t really want to be generous.  In any event, none of us know what truly went on behind closed doors, and never will, but why should Diana shoulder all the blame, especially as she is no longer here and cannot defend herself.  Diana was not perfect, but then are any of us  -  I sure know I´m not. 
Well said! goodpost
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 04:36:23 pm »

Chuck saw his marriage to Diana as a necessity.......he thought he needed children.  In reality, he could have never fathered any children, and the Monarchy would still continue.  Andrew was the spare to Chuck's heir.  Diana saw her marriage to Chuck as a love match where children would be born, and she could raise her social status even higher.  Her bloodline will also rule.

Both were wrong in their approach's however.  What ended up happening is that by having the war of the Windsor's, two innocent kids-Wills and Harry-paid the price for their parents lack of discretion.  IMO, Chuck shares a greater burden of blame due to one factor:  His age.   He's 13 years older than his soon-to-be wife.  And he knows how to be charming and manipulative to women.  Diana was no innocent......but I do believe that she was naive in thinking that her marriage would last forever.

Diana stated that after William was born, they started to have problems.  Chances are that she was suffering post-partum depression, and that the Royal Family has no tolerance for outsiders who can't stand the pressure, not understanding that having depression isn't something that you can just "shake off."  Very intolerant were the royals...and I believe that they are still like this today.......Then after becoming pregnant with Harry and him being delivered the marriage irretreviably broke down.  Chuck denies his wife the intimacy of a married couple-and then goes back to Camz as he had been told her could do by his own father. 

If anyone has emotional baggage its Chuck.  He's has a classic narcissist personality........enabled by his grandmother, and then furthered by his parents, HM and Phil.  HM and Phil are very poor examples of parenting. 

Chuck and Camz deserve each other.  But, they don't deserve the perks of their positions.  Both should be shunned from the Royal family for destroying not one, but two families who's children up end paying the price for the lack of control on Chuck's side.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: