Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:41:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'You're lucky. I'm totally trapped': Prince Charles in his own astonishing words  (Read 10382 times)
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

I know I will be the "odd man out"...that's the correct phrase I think in English??? ....anyway....it's no secret here I liked Princess Diana but through the years I have come to pity and like Prince Charles. Money and position does not always equal happiness. He might feel he must be King as he was trained since his cradle days and cannot abdicate as this would hurt Britain.
His mother was not a warm mother, his father a cold, arrogant and extremely strict man that did not and does not understand Charles sensitivity. Charles is a very sensitive person.
Yes, I pity Prince Charles. He made mistakes but who hasn't? And whom of us does not continue to make them.
Unlike other royals that are arrogant and obnoxious and NON born royals ( thinking of KM) the man does work, is very intelligent , well educated and he is courteous to people, regardless of who they are.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 04:35:22 am »

I disagree with the description of the Queen and Charles. I think the Queen overindulged Charles--she looked the other way when she found out she was sleeping with a married woman and eventually gave her approval for Charles to marry his mistress.  I think she was colder to her own sister Margaret, and did not reach out to her when Margaret was in love with Townsend. She just did nothing for her sister. OTOH she gave Charles permission to marry Camilla and actually rewarded the mistress for her shabby behavior.

Charles I think is a grievance collector. The problem is that he blames others for his own mistakes. everybody has childhood problems and children don't always like school or what their parents tell them to do. But Charles tends to wallow in self pity. His siblings protested about the picture he painted of their parents. I think Charles always sees the glass half empty instead of half full. That's his nature. It doesn't mean that  his parents were "monsters."

Charles made mistakes and he alone was responsible for them. Time for him to grow up and blame himself instead of others for his bad decisions.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 06:19:01 am »

No Charles, it's the public that is trapped; the world public is stuck putting up with your whining and moaning and complaining.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 11:09:47 am »

No Charles, it's the public that is trapped; the world public is stuck putting up with your whining and moaning and complaining.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »

worship

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 02:47:49 pm »

worship YouGoGirlsign worship
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 05:56:35 pm »

Rags are over blowing things out of proportion as usual ...  bored3 ...
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 06:37:32 pm »

A sensitive nature would crack under the tyranny of Charles' Father.  He is different to his siblings, and I don't agree for one second he was coddled by his Mother as a child.

No, Mon Roi Henry IX, you are not alone in your thinking.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 07:48:14 pm »

I saw a very recent PBS documentary about Charles. In it he got old family films of himself with his parents and sister. And he didn't grumble about being mistreated, he laughed and chuckled and the Queen and his father did not look the least bit "abusive." Charles may have mellowed since he did not grumble about how mean they were to him.  Charles may have a sensitive nature but sensitive people can and do take responsibility for their own actions. Charles got a lot of mileage out of blaming others. He made the bad choices not his parents.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 10:13:43 pm »

Good post Sandy.   thumbsup   I don´t feel sorry for Charles one bit.  He was born into a life of luxury and privilege and all he does is whinge, whine and moan about it.  He is a petulant, me me me individual.  Yes he is courteous to people, he knows if he is rude what little popularity he has will wane, or disappear.  Let us not forget his "friendship" with Jimmy Savile, the one he is desperately trying to cover up right now, terrified in case lots of things come out.  Sorry for him, no way.  He has been the master of his own fate, reminds me of wimpo, always laying the blame somewhere else and wanting to play the sympathy card.
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 11:21:56 pm »

Money and position does not always equal happiness.

Exactly what I have been trying to say. So MRHIX, you are not alone in this sentiment. I keep saying that those Princes are not really happy people and that one pays a heavy price sometimes for wealth / status. Until one walks in someone's shoes, one cannot know exactly where it pinches.

The above saying was brought sharply home to me a few months ago at work. I am now in a position where I am experiencing what my former boss used to complain to me about. When he starts complaining about the people / situation i used to think to myself "oh no, here we go again, please put a sock in it. If it were me, I would have handled it better, blah blah blah" I NEVER said it to him but I thought it.  Now I see exactly what he means and I  am a bit ashamed I ever thought that in my mind. So now I am more sympathetic to people's plight especially if I have never experienced it myself.

I am not saying Charles has not made mistakes but as for feeling trapped, I really do sympathise. Maybe we would have moaned more if we were in his shoes. My only gripe with him is that he should stop telling people about it. There is a lady that I work with who loves to say " You must never cry in the presence  of people who will not sympatise with you" True words, I say. Charles must take this advice and stop crying in the presence  of people who will not sympatise with him. He can feel it but there is no point in saying it, he won't get sympathy from most people that's for sure

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »

Money and position does not always equal happiness.

very true
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 09:11:27 am »

It must be weird knowing how your life is going to be since the very day you were born ... not having any choice ... all of us would feel "trapped" ... and yes I am sick of some thinking money = happiness   sly ...
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:40 am »

He could have walked away.  Not easy to do, but he could renounce his rights instead of grumbling that he is trapped.  No matter what the situation, there is always a way out.  But no, he likes the money, the position, the status, and most importantly the perks, so no, he won´t walk away.  Fine, but stop whinging about it.  I agree It must be weird to have your life mapped out for you, but what about all the poor people in countries world wide who are born to abject poverty and don´t know if they will even make adulthood.  Raking in rubbish tips for scraps to survive on.  Now those are people who have my attention and sympathy.  Maybe Charles should swap places for a month, he might see things differently then and realise just how good his life is.  And let us be fair, not a lot of their time is spent in the limelight, they get a lot of free time to talk to their plants or whatever, never mind the starving millions, just talk to the plants  -  that the gardener tends 99.9% of the time.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 11:47:17 am »

I doubt Charles would walk away but I think he likes to go in for self pity. I think though on many levels the "mapped out life" suits him fine.  He has people bowing and scraping to him, because of who he is he can get people to pay attention to his books and speeches, he has untold riches and inherited even more when his grandmother died, and yes, he does IMO like to be the center of attention
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 04:19:05 pm »

It must be weird knowing how your life is going to be since the very day you were born ... not having any choice ... all of us would feel "trapped" ... and yes I am sick of some thinking money = happiness

Agreed, Jane.  No amount of money can buy freedom and even if Charles walked away he would never have freedom.  If he had done it younger, then maybe - but what a lonely life with a family in the BRF and you walk away - all alone forever.  That isn't freedom.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »

^
And if he was to abdicate or walk away before he became King the RF would never forgive him.
Remember what happened to the one that abdicated . He was treated like the Bubonic plague afterwards. Yes, he was another one I felt really sorry for. In the last years he seemed to have such a sad look in his eyes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 04:56:05 pm »

I think Charles would never walk away. Ever. He didn't have to choose between his mistress and the throne the way his great uncle did. I think if Charles were given the choice he'd have chosen the throne. If it didn't mean so much to him he would have asked Camilla to divorce her husband, not married Diana, and taken a chance on being able to keep his succession rights and marry Camilla. The fact that he chose to marry Diana preferring Camilla speaks volumes. I think Charles likes the trappings of royalty and the traditions involved. No way would he ever walk. Charles outbursts of self pity don't mean he'd actually act on them and walk.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:02:20 pm by sandy » Logged
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 05:22:03 pm »

I am quite certain he would never walk away. Then again, life is full of surprises.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 05:25:46 pm »

IMO the only way he would leave if he became incapacitated but then again, he would probably have a Regency rather than walk. He put too much into paying spin doctors, and pontificating to give all of this up now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: