Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 05:54:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'You're lucky. I'm totally trapped': Prince Charles in his own astonishing words  (Read 10386 times)
berlin
Countess

« on: October 26, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »

Close confidante = mistress

'You're lucky. I'm totally trapped': In his own astonishing words, what Prince Charles really thinks about his gilded cage by close confidante Selina Scott

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477570/Youre-lucky-Im-totally-trapped-In-astonishing-words-Prince-Charles-really-thinks-gilded-cage-close-confidante-Selina-Scott.html#ixzz2irz8P2Vv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:32:18 pm »

For those who do not know Selina Scott was a supposed mistress of the ex king of Greece. Supposedly thanks to him she was able to interview the king of Spain but the interview/doc created a stir in the country and it's nearly impossible to watch it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
discoveryme
gossip insider

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:54:37 pm »

Time UK editor: Charles prison quote 'sexed up'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24667670
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:44:29 pm »

I am pretty sure Prince Charles is chomping at the bit to become king
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 11:30:20 pm »

I am pretty sure Prince Charles is chomping at the bit to become king

So true.

The press has an agenda.

Charles is still so stupid sometimes, he falls right into their traps. Why did he even agree to an interview, he never learns.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:33:39 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:59:47 am »

Charles should have learned after the debacle of the Dimbleby interview. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 01:17:21 am »

Windsor Martyrdom; I wonder just how long he would last if he had actual problems.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 02:20:47 am »

Not even an hour!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:29:45 am »

The whole rotten family is like that.

I wonder how staff restrains themselves from throttling the royals when the staff hears them whining about their 'hard' jobs and whining about the 'pressures' of their position.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 09:08:34 am »

Charles is never grateful for what he has had  -  a life of privilege, luxuries, financial support, holidays, good education  -  does he appreciate  it  -  no.  Just whinges on about being totally trapped.  What a good place to be trapped in is all I can say.  he has lived and enjoyed a life beyond the dreams of most people.  If his life is so tough then he should have renounced his rights and walked away, left it to Andrew.  He and wimpo are a right pair of whingers together.  Want everything being heir to the throne gives them, but want to live life their own way and answer to nobody. tough luck pal, life doesn´t work like that.  Coming from a man who has a butler to squeeze his toothpaste for him  -  hmmm, totally trapped, was he stupid or what to do that interview.  Let him push off and take Campon with him, cut out wimpo, Andrew and Edward and put harry on the throne  -  at least he has some work ethic.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 11:19:06 am »

As sandy said, he should have learned he's terrible at interviews and not to give them ,after the Dimbleby interview.

What bothers me more though is that TIME just made up a word and put it in the interview as a fact. They basically lied , he never used the word "Prison" and the fact that the TIME added that word, for "more effect" bothers me to no end.
They have lost credibility for me.

TIME and PEOPLE Mag are owned by the same Corp TIME inc, IMO same agenda, King William,  Queen Consort Kate, ,put the younger heir in front of the presumptive heir and  remove Charles if possible first in the minds of the public ,as wanting the role.

He should have learned by now interviews don't help him.
The Queen does not give interviews.
He needs to stop giving interviews.

[/URL]
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 09:20:50 pm »

Yes he does need to quit talking to the press; he's not as intelligent as he thinks he is and his self pity makes me want to  ick
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 11:35:22 pm »

Perhaps during the time spent together he did feel that way......his wife, Diana certainly did.  This was during the time of when Chuck had dismal popularity ratings, where his wife enjoyed a tremendous goodwill from the people due to chuck's infidelities with Camz..........back in 1991.

She should update her interview and see how much he is wanting to get out of his "guilded" cage now.  I'd say that he's anxious to get INTO his guilded cage as quickly as possible!
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:38 am »

Charles is never grateful for what he has had  -  a life of privilege, luxuries, financial support, holidays, good education  -  does he appreciate  it  -  no.  Just whinges on about being totally trapped. 
So true... like his son is just a spoil brat!!! He can not complain for what his parents couldn't given to him, because it was what they could give at that time... And despite all this, he had his granny there all the time, that gave him loved, and let him do everything... something that his brothers didn't have from her!

TIME and PEOPLE Mag are owned by the same Corp TIME inc, IMO same agenda, King William,  Queen Consort Kate, ,put the younger heir in front of the presumptive heir and  remove Charles if possible first in the minds of the public ,as wanting the role.

He should have learned by now interviews don't help him.
The Queen does not give interviews.
He needs to stop giving interviews.

I agree with you, many press want William there, because Charles is a joke in a lot of matters! Remember the bullshit about the defender of faiths... After all they want the golden chicken there, and Charles will bring the monarchy faster than we can think! Remember that Britain can take lots of money from sealing the rights from coronation and weddings and all that stuff, if they made the same thing that SRF or DRF do at christening's they will sell even more! Because people all over this planet knows this family! And William and Kate can seal even more than Camilla and Charles, they are a joke and old, and they will never forgot what they did to Diana, despite Charles had many lovers and misters!

Charles thinks that his mother don't do things right! But she is the one that is right... and she had the ability to move with times, and he with all those ideas of being modern, are putting him in a bad place and light! For me he look completely desperate to be king!

Windsor Martyrdom; I wonder just how long he would last if he had actual problems.
He will not last, but he really thinks that he will... because he says that Diana is not here to make him look bad!! Diana only needed at time a dress to make covers, but she only need that, because he don't have a brain inside his head!

I just think how incredible is that a mother that do things so right, and basically don't put a foot wrong about her work was a big boss from a nation, spent so pounds (on education, nannies, trips, advisors, etc. etc.) to make he son a great king, and he just have concern with things that are not the major problem, I think that he made a good job with his charities, but to the top job is completely unsuitable!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 08:38:05 am »

I'm amazed that with that fat bank account and all the time in the world on his hands, he never really studied anything useful and bothered to get to know what was going on. He could have spent time in parliamentary sessions taking notes and in time presiding over sessions, but go figure, spent all his time up Camilla's skirts. Then of course there was the time he wasted studying useless subjects and could have studied real subjects like business or diplomacy and learned numerous languages.

You know, HM did put several feet wrong when she didn't push Charles into actually doing something useful with his time while in school. Diana might not have had a degree, but if someone like her knew how to play Rachmaninoff then she was someone who wasn't stupid in any area. Diana didn't limit herself because she was a royal, she had that much self respect. Charles thinks that just because he's royal that he isn't required to do anything. THe only thing trapping him is himself!

JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:02 am »

Charles is still so stupid sometimes, he falls right into their traps. Why did he even agree to an interview, he never learns.

Yes SG, I am very surprised that as old as he is, he has not learnt his lessons wrt talking to the press. You say one thing, they twist it to mean another. But then,  I think that because they live and die by PR, they cannot avoid talking to the press. They need the press.

Charles is never grateful for what he has had  -  a life of privilege, luxuries, financial support, holidays, good education  -  does he appreciate  it  -  no.  Just whinges on about being totally trapped

I agree up to a point but I can however simpathise to some degree. It is easy for us to have no sympathy for him because we feel that he should appreciate his priviledged life but we will probably feel the same way if we also have our whole life mapped out for us and we do not have the luxury of dreaming of what our life holds, how it might unfold or what we might become. I for one think that regardless of wealth, a life without dreams, hopes and aspirations is not worth living at all. We might say that he can dream within the confines of his role  but it takes a special someone who has a wise and thoughtful mentor helping him to see things differently that can achieve this feat . It is not that easy.

Also some might say why not abdicate. That is also not so easy. He has become institutionalised. Where is he gonna go, what is he gonna do, who is gonna be his friends. It will weigh on his conscience that he did not fulfil the role he was born to take on. The guilt and self castigation will be enormous. He saw what happened to his great uncle that did that.  Its the same as telling a man that has been imprisoned for a long time, maybe serving a life sentence,  to be told suddently upon release  (after he has spent the greater part of his life in jail) that he can now go and live his life as he pleases. It is very very hard. He will need a total mindset change to function outside of jail. I tell you its a dificcult thing to do to switch that mindset. It will be almost impossible.  Its easier said than done

So I really do feel sorry for them ( Charles and his sons) sometimes because I cannot imagine myself in their shoes. Do you think that someone like Sir Richard Branson, envies Prince Charles?  I can tell you that that is an emphatic NO

He needed  to have had a trustworthy, wise male mentor /friend slightly older than him ( not an enabling mistress like Camilla and definitely not the men in Grey suits whose only concern is making sure that the monarchy continues at all cost regardless of the human casualties) who would have been advising and helping him see things from another angle all his life. Maybe he would have turned out differently and made better choices.

As things stand,  he has not done too badly if one considers his charities. He needs to concentrate on what he can do and not on what he cannot do. But still I empathise with him  sigh
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:16:31 am by JuneBug » Logged

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 11:27:55 am »

What the press doesn't seem to get is THEY can't vote him out. He is there to stay no matter what they try at this point.  We think Charles complains, just wait until William finally gets the job of being the Prince of Wales. He will probably complain nonstop, how he wants to be normal, while catching helicopters to hunting weekends.

The press agenda to push Charles from being the next Monarch is fruitless, because he will be King ,even if some of the public may not want it.  He's trained longer and more thoroughly than anyone, no matter what, if he is still alive when the Queen passes, he will be King.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:35:04 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 01:26:38 pm »

Yes SG, I am very surprised that as old as he is, he has not learnt his lessons wrt talking to the press. You say one thing, they twist it to mean another. But then,  I think that because they live and die by PR, they cannot avoid talking to the press. They need the press.

Charles is never grateful for what he has had  -  a life of privilege, luxuries, financial support, holidays, good education  -  does he appreciate  it  -  no.  Just whinges on about being totally trapped

I agree up to a point but I can however simpathise to some degree. It is easy for us to have no sympathy for him because we feel that he should appreciate his priviledged life but we will probably feel the same way if we also have our whole life mapped out for us and we do not have the luxury of dreaming of what our life holds, how it might unfold or what we might become. I for one think that regardless of wealth, a life without dreams, hopes and aspirations is not worth living at all. We might say that he can dream within the confines of his role  but it takes a special someone who has a wise and thoughtful mentor helping him to see things differently that can achieve this feat . It is not that easy.

Also some might say why not abdicate. That is also not so easy. He has become institutionalised. Where is he gonna go, what is he gonna do, who is gonna be his friends. It will weigh on his conscience that he did not fulfil the role he was born to take on. The guilt and self castigation will be enormous. He saw what happened to his great uncle that did that.  Its the same as telling a man that has been imprisoned for a long time, maybe serving a life sentence,  to be told suddently upon release  (after he has spent the greater part of his life in jail) that he can now go and live his life as he pleases. It is very very hard. He will need a total mindset change to function outside of jail. I tell you its a dificcult thing to do to switch that mindset. It will be almost impossible.  Its easier said than done

So I really do feel sorry for them ( Charles and his sons) sometimes because I cannot imagine myself in their shoes. Do you think that someone like Sir Richard Branson, envies Prince Charles?  I can tell you that that is an emphatic NO

He needed  to have had a trustworthy, wise male mentor /friend slightly older than him ( not an enabling mistress like Camilla and definitely not the men in Grey suits whose only concern is making sure that the monarchy continues at all cost regardless of the human casualties) who would have been advising and helping him see things from another angle all his life. Maybe he would have turned out differently and made better choices.

As things stand,  he has not done too badly if one considers his charities. He needs to concentrate on what he can do and not on what he cannot do. But still I empathise with him  sigh

I don't empathize with him. I think his large ego is the problem not being institutionalized. He felt he could do as he pleased and poach married women because of who is was and is.  Charles also never liked criticism however constructive and pulled hissy fits when somebody criticized him.

He ill used his first wife and chose her primarily to be a broodmare and had no intention of dumping Camilla.  He is and was totally out for himself. I think it is his nature essentially but it didn't help that he appears to enjoy people bowing and scraping to him.

Charles pretty much got to do as he pleased as Prince of Wales. He never was given a choice of mistress or staying in line of succession. Diana got the HRH removed and the mistress actually got the HRH despite her behaving badly to put it mildly.
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »

He ill used his first wife and chose her primarily to be a broodmare and had no intention of dumping Camilla.  He is and was totally out for himself.

Sandy, I *despise* for you to think I am holding brief for Charles and I know that this is the fact of the matter wrt  his marriage with Diana, but when a marriage breaks down, there is usually faults on BOTH sides. As much as I adore Diana,I have to say that she aided Camilla somewhat in snatching Charles away from her. I know that it was due to Diana's youth and inexperience but that is main reason Camilla succeeded. Please don't kill me for this but I think that Charles did not set out to cheat on Diana from the start. One thing led to another and Camiila took advantage of the situation. Maybe Charles was not in love with Diana at first, but had Diana been older, wiser and more experienced with the male gender and has a loving / warm family who support her , things might have turned out differently.

I can respond to each of your comment but I would. But please always remember this that wealth, power and influence and constantly being kow towed to is a very powerful and heady combination that can give one a GOD complex and If  you don't  have an accountable person who you respect and who will cut through the BS and tell you the truth / talk you down, you will make a LOT of bad decisions too.

Please note that I am not holding brief for Charles ( I think quite a lot of his actions have been thoughless and sometimes downright cruel), am just giving us another perspective from which to consider things
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:25:30 pm by JuneBug » Logged

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 02:46:18 pm »

I think you underestimate Camilla's manipulative skills. She is one shrewd woman. She always pulled the strings and Diana had no chance to succeed with Camilla wanting her sugar daddy.  Unlike other mistresses Camilla even usurped Diana's seat at the dinner table at highgrove and played hostess for Charles. She didn't hesitate to undermine Diana to Charles and like Iago, put down his spouse. Charles had rather shaky morals and was and is a weak man. The only thing Diana could have done was to let Charles go off to his mistress not complain and even befriend the mistress like a female APB. But I don't think she could do that, she was too honest and really cared for Charles and was not into sharing. She fought back but Camilla was still in control, very much so.  The Sun Editor said she called in giving "her side" of the story.

I blame Charles more because he knowingly went into a marriage knowing he preferred the other woman. ANY marriage would be in deep trouble from the outset. His Great Uncle David never married the "suitable" girl because he knew he could not be faithful to her since he preferred HIS married mistress.

Charles tipped his hand when he took Lady Diana to Bolehyde Manor and encouraged her "befriending" Camilla. I don't think the man had any intention of dropping Camilla and was trying to teach Diana how to be "civilized."

I think the only way Diana would have "won" is if she put up and shut up. Which is why I think Charles should have found somebody who would agree to the arrangement ahead of time--not to expect love and agree to be in a menage a trois.

Charles bad training started when he was coddled by the Queen Mother who made him believe he was the center of the universe. She loved him but she overdid things a bit.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:49:27 pm by sandy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: