Royal Gossip
August 23, 2017, 02:49:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Psychology  (Read 44984 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2015, 08:40:10 pm »

^^^^^ thankyou My2Pence!   It was on my to-do list but obviously never got around to it.  Very helpful and great job. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2015, 06:06:36 pm »

I wonder what is going on with her, with her determination to remain isolated and removed from the public all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2015, 09:32:50 pm »

She looks on the verge of totally losing the plot to me, especially in that photo of her at the Send place, looked totally spaced out and away with the fairies.  She is not up to the job is one very major issue, and she must surely realise that by now.  She might like attention, but on her terms and when it suits her.  Basically she wants the cozy domestic life, in luxurious, mega expensive palaces and oodles of staff, not lift a finger, but tart herself up for a red carpet visit with celebs and expect the public to idolise her and think how wonderful she is. Sadly, you have to earn your stripes, she appears to forget she does have a job to do to earn her keep, why should the taxpayer give her that wondrful life and get nothing in return.  She is obviously under sever strain for many reasons discussed on here and other forums, and it would appear that it really is getting to her.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #323 on: September 30, 2015, 02:54:11 am »

I wonder why she's having problems in the first place; she has access to the best therapy and could easily get through appearances and an undemanding volunteer schedule. She can't or won't get it together, if only for the sake of her kids. She's looking crazier with each appearance.

I think a lot of her exaggerations are a reaction to her past; the minute the ring was on her finger we heard how she suddenly wanted to abstain and wait until the wedding night to boink and then we got a bunch of tripe about how Kate had rarely gone out at night and how she would leave once a party started getting too wild, despite her party loving past. Thing is, your past always catches up with you and I think she's experiencing a lot of regrets and her sudden prudish persona is a reaction against her tart past. She's running from her past and yet, she can't escape it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #324 on: September 30, 2015, 04:00:38 am »

^For me, it all boils down to Diana's engagement ring.  Every single day she has to look at her hand and see that symbol of everything she is not.  And so does PW.  For all of his hatred of the media and blame for his mother's stress and so on, he knows that his mother was beloved by the entire world on some level.  She was iconic.  She was blonde.  She had style.  She was emulated and philanthroic-forward, leading with her heart and a very hard worker. 

There is no doubt in my mind that he tried to choose somebody, in the beginning, who appeared to be the exact opposite so he could somehow rebel, change the past, alter the future and avoid a crisis by doing so.  What he actually did was bring into his world a person who can't even come close to the one woman he truly loved more than any other.

So, what is Kate to do?  She doesn't have the upbringing or breeding that Diana had.  She, I believe, is slowly building contempt from her husband for not being what he didn't even realize he admired.  None of that is her fault.  How do you compete with a dead woman's glorification?  But, she went into this with an entirely different agenda.  Diana was, for her young years, hoping for love.  Kate was hoping for advancement.

Plus, no real life crisis has ever hit Kate yet.  She has no past from which to draw any strength through adversity. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #325 on: September 30, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »

I think royal life has been for her, a time where she's experiencing consequences for the first time in her life; she can't just make things go away. In the past her mother got her out of bad situations and also coddled her laziness and let her come home when she couldn't handle things. Now, she's facing the consequences of:

*Marrying a man who wasn't wild about the idea of making her his wife
*Messing up publicly and having her mistakes documented and rehashed; suing the press has not at all worked at erasing/hiding her mistakes
*Living with a set of in-laws who don't want her and she has to live with it since her mother can't just move her to a new family who will love her
*Dealing with a public that resents her laziness and messy scandals
*Her mother can't make the public like her or accept her or shut up about her
*Carole can't make the aristocracy like her at all or genuinely respect her

As for Diana, you're right; she wears the rings, but comes up short and since she's been determined to brush up her image and be a puritan, William likely dislikes it because he didn't want to marry a sweet, virginal debutante or poshy uptight aristocrat. He wanted Kate, dirty dancing fun-loving Kate.

My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2015, 11:50:18 pm »

I think William chose her, consciously or sub-consciously, because he knew she was a poor choice. He didn't want the job so he settled with someone who cannot do the job even if she wanted to. She was the fallback, the university "safety school" if you will.  William continues to admire women like Jecca, who build their own path in the world and who wouldn't give him the time of day.  He may never realize how much he could have accomplished if he'd married a Maxima or Letizia instead. If he ever decides he wants the live up to the Big Job, he'll blame it on her, instead of blaming himself for choosing her. I doubt this will happen, because he thinks he's doing things The Right Way.

I don't think she's worrying about her role or her performance in it. She doesn't care and she isn't smart enough to care. She looks bored at these events not because she's overwhelmed, but because there is nothing there that interests her. Yachting, she'll be engaged.  Tennis, she'll be engaged.   Famous people, she's all over it.  When she's out shopping, she's giddy and chats up the shopgirls. Sick children and incarcerated women?  Zones out after one minute, rolls her eyes, and looks dead-eyed. She loves the attention though, and she lights up in vanity if there is a crowd to pay attention to her. Her big expressions and hand waving are attempts to mimic interest and emotion that isn't there.  I don't think this indicates Asperger's, just a selfish and immature person.

She has the wealthy, lazy life she wanted. Worrying about her inadequacies?  That is for royal watchers and taxpayer to do, because she doesn't think she's doing anything wrong. She thinks dressing up and waving at the adoring crowd IS the job, and she thinks she's doing just fine.

I suspect we all think more about this, and her role, than she does.   She's lazy, self-centered, vain, dim, and vindictive (getting a guard and hair dresser fired for saying things about her that she didn't like). She wasn't bullied, but she has bullied others. There have been at least two articles in the last year about her being prickly and ill-tempered. The housekeeper and groundkeeper quitting Anmer after a few months is another example that she's not someone you want to be around, IMO. To quote Bend It Like Beckham, she's a right stroppy cow. 
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2015, 12:50:19 am »

@My2Pence

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.  I think you've described KM EXACTLY.   And she's not a nice person.  No real compassion or empathy.  Cold.  Vain.  And what type of person would be attracted to an empty vessel like that?

p.s.  I envy people like you who have the ability to discern character traits so accurately.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2015, 06:32:42 am »

^^

You couldn't have described her more accurately, endorsed by those close too.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #329 on: October 01, 2015, 03:31:29 pm »

To add to that very good description; she's manipulative. Bullies are one thing, a bully that makes out that they are the victim is something far, far more dangerous. I suspect she is either narcissistic or psychopathic (the clinical description, not the common misconception).
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2015, 04:10:13 pm »

^I don't think she is really manipulative. She's enabled by her mother and William. Without those two she would be nothing. Another try hard.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #331 on: October 01, 2015, 08:05:05 pm »

^^  I would agree with what you have said, hit the nail on the head for me.
Mia1984
royal watcher

« Reply #332 on: October 01, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »

I don't think she is stupid, actually I think Kate is quite smart (but she hides it very well- she has too). I think she played her cards very well. Also, she has been under the thumb of her mother. If you look at pictures from her childhood, you will note that she looks very tired, with dark circles. She never looked happy as a child. With a strong mother, Kate never developed her own personality and identity. She also never worked (a real job, for long) or attempted at doing challenging things. I would have learnt a language, furthered my education and really tried to get a career as well as doing some charity work as royal girlfriend long before marrying. Why could she not work at the Queens Galleries for example? People would have said that she got jobs because of her contacts but that would have been far better than being called Waity Katie. Her lack of a career is now biting her. She has failed to get rid of that reputation. Also, not really working means she never developed herself in other ways and THIS is why she is finding public duties and dealing with people so difficult. Most of us will need to do presentations at work, meet clients and network in most jobs, well, at least in office jobs. So making speeches, talking to people and showing those soft skills should come easy. But it doesn't for her and that explains why she is the way she is. Sad, actually, because.... stop don't throw me with tomatoes....but I think Kate has a lot of potential, as does William, but doesn't reach that because her identity is just William. Have you noticed she has been acquiring his hobbies like diving?

A life that has not been subjected to criticism is a life not worth living- Socrates
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2015, 10:39:58 pm »

But if she had had a job Will would have got out of their clutches. IMO the problem has never been Kate but William. I don't say that she would have love to be a fulltime working royal but if William expected that she would do it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mia1984
royal watcher

« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2015, 10:54:29 pm »

Yes, that is true. William would have got away. Actually, I think he did but then she roped him back in. Sad that a woman would forego her own opportunities in order to catch a prince.

A life that has not been subjected to criticism is a life not worth living- Socrates
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2015, 07:36:31 am »

Kate was PW's bootycall for years. At Jigsaw, she only worked a few hours a day, a few days a week and even then she took a lot of time off so she could be with him. If she had gone for a career, she would have had to stay at work, work full-time and get a normal amount of vacation days. Also, no sneaking around in the middle of the night because she would have to get up to go to work in the morning. I think PW would have found another girl to be his bootycall and Kate would have slipped away. She had to make herself available and put up with his cheating when he went out with his friends. (As she told Chelsy, "It comes with the territory.")
marion
Duchess

« Reply #336 on: October 02, 2015, 12:46:40 pm »

waity obviously has zero self-respect
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2015, 09:40:11 pm »

Yes, that is true. William would have got away. Actually, I think he did but then she roped him back in. Sad that a woman would forego her own opportunities in order to catch a prince.
i take your point but i think that maybe the prince would have appreciated her much more if she  had a job and a life on her own ( not to be a limpet  easter-wink ); it seems as if she just wanted him for the title and lifestyle; if he had been a commoner she probably wouldn t ever have said  hello.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #338 on: October 08, 2015, 06:37:13 am »

I don't... the big public breakup in 2007 happened a few months after she started working at Jigsaw. Even though she only worked a few hours a day, a few days a week, and took a lot of time off, it still wasn't enough.
Mia1984
royal watcher

« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2015, 11:28:18 pm »

Has anybody ever heard professional opinion from a body language expert about the meaning of the Cambridge Crotch Clasp? Why does Kate put her clutch by her privates? Is it a self defence mechanism or something else? Why at her crotch not further up - is this a sexually repressed woman? It looks awful.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: