Royal Gossip
July 19, 2018, 04:53:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bransons  (Read 26865 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2014, 01:56:07 am »

agree it can be done - obviously there has been the shuttle and at one point NASA considered using the approach Branson is now using.  The big question is SHOULD  it be done -
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2014, 02:00:03 am »

true^

Ticket holders set to travel on Virgin spaceship show their support for Richard Branson and his program as CEO says he will refund $250,000 tickets after tragic explosion - but will celebrities still take risk?
Celebrities and millionaires who were happy to drop $250,000 to travel into space on Richard Branson's highly ambitious SpaceShipTwo still plan on taking the trip even after Friday's horrific explosion.

As Branson arrives at the site of the tragedy in California, some of his ticket buyers have come forward to let it be known they trust Virgin's head honcho, and are still excited and ready to travel to space, this although flights have yet to even be scheduled.

Branson had previously said of his program, and those who wanted to get involved and travel to the final frontier, 'Everybody who signs up knows this is the birth of a new space program and understands the risks that go with that.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816853/Celebrities-ticket-holders-set-travel-Virgin-spaceship-support-Richard-Branson-program-CEO-says-refund-250-000-tickets-tragic-explosion.html

i'm sure the BRF have a seat ready for them york girls  harry and co they could have one of their fancy dress parties in space
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:04:57 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2014, 02:55:41 am »

Nah, they have seats reserved for the Middletons.

agree it can be done - obviously there has been the shuttle and at one point NASA considered using the approach Branson is now using.  The big question is SHOULD  it be done -

Look, the way NASA does things now is the only way that enables the astronauts to come back alive. This should be left alone and the idea of a passenger spacecraft in the way Branson wants to do it, should be abandoned. Branson's ego is beyond the scope of reality right now and he's clearly going nutzo balls.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2014, 05:28:35 pm »

Branson should give up on space tourism and stick to mobile phones, says rocket scientist who warned Virgin Galactic that flights with experimental fuel were ‘Russian roulette’

A rocket scientist has urged Virgin Galactic to 'stay out of the space business' and 'go sell mobile phones' in the wake of a fatal explosion aboard one of its spacecraft.
Carolynne Campbell-Knight, a rocket propulsion scientist at the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety (IAASS), said Richard Branson's private space line should 'give up' following the test flight crash in which a pilot was killed.
Michael Alsbury, 39, died at the controls of Virgin's experimental SpaceShipTwo vessel on Friday after the sub-orbital plane exploded at 45,000ft shortly after engaging its engines. His co-pilot, Peter Siebold, who was seriously inju
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2817421/The-explosion-not-surprise-Russian-roulette-scientists-repeatedly-warned-Virgin-Galactic-safety-issues-revealed-THREE-Branson-s-engineers-recently-quit.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Pense
courtier

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »

Those with enough money are still looking for the new thrill, the undiscovered place, the destination that is reserved for the few. At first it was the opportunity to experience zero gravity. The next step was traveling beyond Earth's atmosphere. Branson's company is not the first to send private individuals into space.
http://www.spacetoday.org/Astronauts/SpaceTourists.html

1 March 2014
"What happens when you ride the vomit comet
Nasa’s reduced gravity education programme holds a special place in space history. Since 1959 a series of specially modified jetliners have taken to the skies, climbing and then rapidly descending so that astronauts can simulate the feeling of weightlessness that they will experience in space."
Rest of the article at:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140228-take-a-ride-on-the-vomit-comet

The commercial version of the above:
ZERO-G EXPERIENCE®
$4,950 + 5% tax: Weightless flight to include 15 parabolic maneuvers creating 20-30 seconds of weightlessness each. Includes ZERO-G merchandise, pre and post flight catering, professional photos of ZERO-G Experience®, video of weightless experience and certificate of weightless completion.
http://www.gozerog.com

Richard Branson Rode The 'Vomit Comet' To Prepare For His Trip To Space
ALEX DAVIES
FEB. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Richard Branson is getting ready to visit suborbital space later this year on the first commercial flight of Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo.

The only other "space" to explore is the oceans. Those are rather boring and plenty of submariners have been there already.
 wopedo
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »

I'd like to explore the "space" between his ears to see what gave him the bright idea to come up with this

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2014, 08:21:06 pm »

I think he's gone into having  a God complex and won't quit until he ends up going nutters.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2014, 01:58:15 am »

Branson's space firm 'ignored repeated warnings': Storm over exploding spaceship grows after leading expert says project was playing 'Russian roulette' with pilots' lives

Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic company ignored repeated safety warnings before Friday’s fatal explosion, it was claimed last night.

One leading rocket expert said the entrepreneur’s ambitious space project had been playing ‘Russian roulette’ with the pilots’ lives because one of the test flights was sure to end in disaster.

The company’s chief executive, George Whitesides, denied claims that one of the project’s own engineers had warned as recently as Thursday that the spacecraft was too dangerous to fly – but had been overruled by an executive who said the deadline was too pressing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2818122/Branson-s-space-firm-ignored-repeated-warnings-Storm-exploding-spaceship-grows.html

They need to get to the bottom of this,and not brush it off and move on. if they was really warn ,and still went on with it ?...cause they want to be in such a rush rush to get into space
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:05:37 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2014, 02:07:24 am »

Branson is also claiming not to have known the pilot who died.

Of course, if it had been a success, Branson would claim to be related to the pilot. I am sure Branson is reeling from this failure.

Branson labeled 'outrageous' over attempts to distance himself from Friday's tragic crash
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2817501/Branson-labeled-outrageous-attempts-distance-Friday-s-tragic-crash.html#ixzz3Hy1WgKxX

Ego, PR spin and a disaster waiting to happen: Branson's biographer on how the Virgin tycoon is scrabbling to save what remains of his reputation - and his fortune
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2818140/Ego-PR-spin-disaster-waiting-happen-Branson-s-biographer-Virgin-tycoon-scrabbling-save-remains-reputation-fortune.html#ixzz3Hy1rpK65

He invested five hundred million in his own money in this venture and I cannot imagine the blow.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2014, 02:11:16 am »

Princess Beatrice gives up her 'seat' on Branson's space flight after fatal crash

She was expected to be one of Sir Richard Branson’s most famous passengers, but Princess Beatrice will not be going anywhere near his Virgin Galactic spacecraft after a test pilot was killed last week.

‘Beatrice was excited by the idea of space tourism, but there is no way she will be going on one of the flights, if they are ever allowed to take place,’ a source close to Buckingham Palace tells me.

The Duke and Duchess of York’s 26-year-old daughter attended the 2011 launch of the spaceship VSS Enterprise — which was due to take the first tourists into space — with her long-term boyfriend Dave Clark, who is head of ‘astronaut relations’ for Virgin Galactic.

Billionaire Branson planned to be aboard the inaugural flight next year with his son Sam and three guests. Other space explorers who have signed up for the trip are 460 VIPs, 70 of them from Britain, who have each paid $250,000 (£156,000) for the honour.

Now the space tourism project is in jeopardy after the test rocket blew up in the sky over the Mojave Desert in California, killing pilot Michael Alsbury and seriously injuring his co-pilot Peter Siebold.

Beatrice, who started an internship at Sony Pictures Television’s London HQ in January, declines to comment on Virgin Galactic, but her connection to the company has proved a useful marketing tool for Branson over the years.

The Princess and her mother, Fergie, have enjoyed Branson’s generosity and have been guests on his private Necker island in the Caribbean.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2818282/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Princess-Beatrice-gives-seat-Richard-Branson-s-space-flight-fatal-crash.html

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2014, 02:26:09 am »

I think Beatrice did the right thing for herself and I do hope she distances herself from Branson and his delusions of granduer. He's taking a five hundred million USD hit off of this failure and I don't think this is something that will end up taking off in the future.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2014, 02:41:23 am »

^Yeah she did the right thing backing out for now,but i think if it does take off in the next 5-10yrs she will still go

Injured Virgin Galactic pilot 'alert' as Richard Branson pays tribute to dead co-pilot
THE PILOT seriously injured in the fatal Virgin Galactic crash is now "alert and talking with his family and doctors", his employer has confirmed.

Sir Richard Branson wished pilot Peter Siebold a "speedy recovery" as he paid tribute to his co-pilot who died in the Virgin Galactic crash on Friday.

The British billionaire said: "The hardest part of the tragic accident is the loss of one of SpaceShipTwo’s brave test pilots, Michael Alsbury.

"Someone asked if I knew him. Sadly, I did not know him but I had had the privilege of shaking his hand briefly after he’d co-piloted SpaceShipTwo’s first powered flight and on that exciting morning in Mojave I had congratulated him on the achievement.

"Mike was a dear friend and inspiring colleague to the many many friends he left behind. My heart goes out to his parents, his wife and children, his sister and the rest of his family and friends."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/530549/Virgin-Galactic-SpaceShipTwo-Crash-Disaster-Alert-Dead-Hospital

We fell short' Emotional Richard Branson vows space mission WILL go on despite crash
RICHARD Branson has vowed to continue his mission to bring space tourism to the masses despite the fatal Virgin Galactic crash.

Last night one pilot was killed and another injured after the Spaceship Two exploded 45,000ft in the air and crashed during a test flight.

Investigators are currently examining the crash site in California's Mojave Desert.

Speaking today, Mr Branson, founder of the Virgin Group and promoter of space travel, said that the Virgin Galactic space programme will continue.

He said: "We would love to finish what we started some years ago and I think pretty well all our astronauts would love us to finish and would love to go into space.

"I think millions of people in the world would one day love the chance to go to space and this is the start of a long programme."

He added: "We owe it to our test pilots to find out exactly what went wrong and once we have found out what went wrong, if we can overcome it, we will make absolutely certain the dream lives on."

He continued: "I think that they (astronauts) have been patient to date, I think most of them will be patient longer.

"We may lose one or two but it does not look like it.

"Anybody whoever wants a refund would be able to get a refund. We haven't used the money."

A spokeswoman for Kern County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that the pilot who died was Michael Alsbury, who was employed by Scaled Composites.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/529988/Virgin-Galactic-spaceship-two-CRASHES-test-flight
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:45:49 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2014, 03:47:58 am »

3 engineers also died in this project - testing the fuel back in 2008 or so - they did not have a concrete wall to stand behind - only had a chain link fence - all three dead when the fuel exploded - same type of fuel on this rocket - so 4 deaths for what?  Space tourism - more green house gases more pollution more resources used so the rich can spend 3 minutes in suborbital flight - not even real space  The whole thing is a Branson con and just emphasizes why the RF needs to distance themselves from this guy and his carny show

As for Bea - she may not go on the space flight but she - and maybe even Harry - Fergie will continue to enjoy Bransons freebies -
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »

'I will still take my family into space', vows Branson - from comfort of Necker Island - as he says we need to 'move forward' following disaster that killed one pilot

to space with his family on the Virgin Galactic despite the fatal crash during a test flight.
Speaking from Necker Island - his private resort in the Caribbean - Branson said surviving pilot Peter Siebold, 43, escaped serious injury and should be out of hospital in the next few days.
US investigators say they have not ruled out the possibility of pilot error on board SpaceShipTwo, which crashed in the Mojave Desert in California on Friday, killing co -pilot Michael Alsbury, 39.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2818283/Branson-firm-defends-safety-record.html

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2014, 05:50:13 pm »

3 engineers also died in this project - testing the fuel back in 2008 or so - they did not have a concrete wall to stand behind - only had a chain link fence - all three dead when the fuel exploded - same type of fuel on this rocket - so 4 deaths for what?  Space tourism - more green house gases more pollution more resources used so the rich can spend 3 minutes in suborbital flight - not even real space

Branson's biggest mistake has been that he thinks he can use millions, when a space flight costs billions.

Pity three brilliant minds and a test pilot died for the sake of this man's ego.

The whole thing is a Branson con and just emphasizes why the RF needs to distance themselves from this guy and his carny show

As for Bea - she may not go on the space flight but she - and maybe even Harry - Fergie will continue to enjoy Bransons freebies -

For the life of me I will never understand why the BRF is so easily bought. The BRF has billions and just because they can't buy their own island because of bad PR, they have no business letting themselves get used like this. Diana used Branson for his tennis court, but why she didn't just get a membership at a tennis club or end up getting a small piece of land and setting up a tennis court there is beyond me. The RF has to stop acting like they can't afford to make their own lives enjoyable.

Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

^Why pay for it yourself when you can get someone to pay for you? Thats the motto of the BRF  sigh

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »

Who lives in a house like this? Documentary to take an 'intimate' look around Branson's Necker Island to show how the rich and famous holiday

With a £40,000 price tag per night, it's a holiday that's out of reach for most of us, save those with the deepest of pockets.

Luckily, there's another way you can have a snoop around Sir Richard Branson's Necker Island holiday retreat without spending a penny (save the cost of your TV license).

BBC2 cameras are going behind the scenes at the Virgin mogul's Caribbean island hideaway as part of a new season of TV shows about the super-rich.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2842774/Who-lives-house-like-Documentary-intimate-look-Branson-s-Necker-Island-home-rich-famous-holiday.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »

Haven't they shown this house like a thousand times before? Though that one was burned so this one is the new one? Anyway I'm bored with Necker islands. I'm sure he mentions once that Diana stayed there.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KGap
courtier

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2014, 04:01:30 am »

Only once? I will be surprised if there aren't any pictures!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2014, 05:04:27 am »

Flash back pics of diana and the boys

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: