Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 03:15:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bransons  (Read 19735 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/25/branson-on-that-naked-kiteboarding-photo.html
Richard Branson today reposted the celebrated picture of him kiteboarding with naked model Denni Parkinson clinging to his back, and we saw no reason not to do the same

Sir Richard Branson recently let it be known that he has made the move to Necker Island a full-time one - and after seeing these pictures, few will be in a position to blame him.

For here the multi-millionaire entrepreneur is pictured very much enjoying the high life as he kiteboards through the sparkling ocean waters with a nubile blonde clinging to his back.

It will have escaped the attention of few people that the lady perched on his back is naked.

The pictures were first taken in 2009, but Sir Richard reposted them today in connection with some other pictures taken of him kiteboarding with professional kiteboarder Susi Mai - who saw the pictures and suggested they could 'do better' (we hasten to add that Miss Tai kept her clothes on). So we saw no reason not to do the same.

Sir Richard explained the genesis of the photos, saying that a photographer asked him if his model girlfriend - named Denni Parkinson - could go for a kiteboard with him, while not wearing any clothes.

"I'd be delighted," replied Branson. "I am an English knight so, a lady in distress, I'd be happy to help…it became one of those classic pictures that went round the world. I do remember as I was coming in, catching my wife's eyes as she was standing on the beach…oops!"

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2014/03/25/branson-on-that-naked-kiteboarding-photo/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/1395768392818.cached.jpg
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:41 pm »

what people won't do to get attention
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 08:30:18 pm »

If Harry marries Cressida the only thing that is gonna happen is that Branson is gonna be invited at the wedding given that girl has no connection to him at all I don't see how he has a horse in this raise ... maybe Sam being friends with Harry likes that they are now both with sisters and can double date but I doubt Branson .SR has given this a second thought ...

Cressi sister is married to Branson's son so that's the connection...family dinners... guess who most likely is sitting there with them over thanksgiving and Christmas? sure isn't Santa clause

Since I don't doubt that Branson might be helping Cressida on the sly, I believe that he'll expect more than just a seat at the wedding. He can't be tactfully shunned by the RF since he makes it a point to sponsor various events and has made his money legitimately so he can't be treated like a pariah. He's going to want a title and be able to sit in the House of Lords and be able to run around matchmaking. He and Carole should get together after dropping their spouses.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »

^Wouldn't Carole love that?  I can't see Branson stomaching it, though.  Good one, KF.

I honestly don't see Branson in the House of Lords, do you, really?  He's far too busy with his own world and the next crazy idea in his business.  Could be wrong about that but I do believe he will be a presence that will be felt by the RF if this relationship continues with Cressida.  Of that I have no doubt.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 09:03:21 pm »

I'm really rarely wrong; Branson is settling down and he wouldn't be helping Harry exclusively all of a sudden if in fact it were just generosity. Cressida is now his cats-paw and I think he and Carole are a lot alike. Both ambitious, both determined, and Carole would be very flamboyant with her wealth if she ever succeeded in making as much as Branson. Branson is no classy guy himself, with how his daughter threw away her medical education to end up marketing for his business (easy street) and it's telling that Sam married someone social, not someone who is from self made parents like himself. Branson would not be so generous if he were in fact not determined to get something in return. Why else show such an interest in Harry or be so generous to the rest of the RF?

I simply don't think of Branson as naive or silly or harmlessly avuncular.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »

If Harry marries Cressida the only thing that is gonna happen is that Branson is gonna be invited at the wedding given that girl has no connection to him at all I don't see how he has a horse in this raise ... maybe Sam being friends with Harry likes that they are now both with sisters and can double date but I doubt Branson .SR has given this a second thought ...

Cressi sister is married to Branson's son so that's the connection...family dinners... guess who most likely is sitting there with them over thanksgiving and Christmas? sure isn't Santa clause

Since I don't doubt that Branson might be helping Cressida on the sly, I believe that he'll expect more than just a seat at the wedding. He can't be tactfully shunned by the RF since he makes it a point to sponsor various events and has made his money legitimately so he can't be treated like a pariah. He's going to want a title and be able to sit in the House of Lords and be able to run around matchmaking. He and Carole should get together after dropping their spouses.
He has a Title ...
Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

"Branson is no classy guy himself, with how his daughter threw away her medical education to end up marketing for his business (easy street) and it's telling that Sam married someone social, not someone who is from self made parents like himself."

Now my memory of things may be a little fuzzy, but if I recall correctly, Holly was studying medicine and actively pursuing a career (yes really) because at the time it was understood that Sam would be the one to run the Virgin empire. But as the years went by it became more and more apparent that the more capable of the two is actually Holly (Sam is a lot like James Middleton, always starting and quitting new businesses, cookery courses, etc, whereas Holly had the intellect and determination to complete a medical degree), so the mantle is now being passed on to her.

And another thing - whilst I give Richard full credit for building up a business empire worth billions (that can't be denied), he's not as much of a self-made man who raised himself up by his own bootstraps as he's perceived to be: his father was a successful barrister who was able to send Richard to Stowe, the same school Chelsy and Cressida attended, so whilst not an aristocrat/gentry, he has effectively been moving in high-society circles since birth. Therefore it shouldn't be such a surprise that Sam would marry a socialite as his family has been a part of that scene for at least two generations.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 10:17:36 pm »

what does having a title mean? does it give the people the right to have no class? to be sleazy? to sell themselves and the people who associate with the Royals? by this
 Titles makes no difference ... these "Titled" people are making the Middleton's look as if they have class...by this group of "friends" the royals should go ahead and give the Middleton's titles won't make much of a difference to having standards  thumbsdown Maybe when Prince William becomes King he can give his father in law Sir Middleton that way when him and his family sell themselves and the connection they have it can be washed away with the saying..."they have a title" which makes them more important than anyone else because with a title you can be a bunch of money grubbers and be excused for it
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:23:19 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »

Heaven forbid, last thing we want is the meddledooms with titles, never hear the end of it.  Plus, they have done nothing whatsoever to earn it, or deserve it.  They have a daughter, as millions do, and she married into the rf.  How does that warrant a title.  If the meddledooms get a title then stuff it all, give one to everyone, we all deserve one in that case.  And no point in counting on wimpo, the way he is going right now he will never make it.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 10:38:35 pm »

well it does seem that the royals are willing to knight many people now days just ask Kate's doctor easter-lol wouldn't be to hard to knight Mr. Middleton after all he has helped his wife build a million dollar company and has accomplish raising the woman who will save the British Monarchy and is the mother of the next future king! that's an accomplish surely to be knighted for

anyways just because you have a title doesn't mean you have class
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »

^   thumbsup  They give titles to anyone nowadays so it really doesn't mean anything.

mother of the next future king! that's an accomplish surely to be knighted for

A better reason than to give it to some others.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:36 pm »

titles lately are being handed out like candy to children

Branson has done some great stuff...but really a naked woman on his back....that's class?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 01:45:16 pm »

A title to the mother of a daughter, married into the rf and does a Nudigate, on a sneaky holdiay to avoid the paralympics on the pretext of getting ready for a foreign tour, which staff do anyway.  Can't see any need for a title on that one.  The family of Zara's husband do not have a title, Sophie Wessex family do not have a title.  Fergie's family were not given a title, all now related to the rf.  Why should the meddledooms be singled out, can you give a title for making the rf a laughing stock world wide?  If so then they would definitely be top of the list.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 03:19:00 pm »

I was being sarcastic in most of my posts....did not mean to ruffle your feathers flower
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 04:02:07 pm »

Well their daughter has given birth to the future King and the others named are either not titled themselves or they married so far down the line that they don't matter as much.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 01:56:50 am »

"Branson is no classy guy himself, with how his daughter threw away her medical education to end up marketing for his business (easy street) and it's telling that Sam married someone social, not someone who is from self made parents like himself."

Now my memory of things may be a little fuzzy, but if I recall correctly, Holly was studying medicine and actively pursuing a career (yes really) because at the time it was understood that Sam would be the one to run the Virgin empire. But as the years went by it became more and more apparent that the more capable of the two is actually Holly (Sam is a lot like James Middleton, always starting and quitting new businesses, cookery courses, etc, whereas Holly had the intellect and determination to complete a medical degree), so the mantle is now being passed on to her.

And another thing - whilst I give Richard full credit for building up a business empire worth billions (that can't be denied), he's not as much of a self-made man who raised himself up by his own bootstraps as he's perceived to be: his father was a successful barrister who was able to send Richard to Stowe, the same school Chelsy and Cressida attended, so whilst not an aristocrat/gentry, he has effectively been moving in high-society circles since birth. Therefore it shouldn't be such a surprise that Sam would marry a socialite as his family has been a part of that scene for at least two generations.

good post as always!  Holly will get the bulk of the inheritance too -
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 06:02:45 am »

I admit, I'm in the wrong.

I don't fixate on Branson, but I am certain of this:

At some point Branson will get carried away and overstep the mark if Cressida does manage to get Harry down the aisle. I do think that Branson is someone who will be a force to be reckoned with and will certainly end up making a huge show of being the ringmaster/puppeteer of the newly minted royal couple.

Cressida will owe him big and he won't let her forget it.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 06:12:09 am »

yes I do think you are right - although Sam has a role here too (figures Harry ends up with the Branson who couldn't hack it). 

But will Cressie or Harry be in a position to give much back?  Sure the Bransons would be front and center at the wedding - and they'd hang with Harry but what else?  Harry is not giving out titles and he would have to persuade a list of people to get that for the Bransons - especially for Sam since he has not exactly accomplished a whole lot. 

I think Harry is in for a big shock once he puts that ring on her finger.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2014, 09:07:51 am »

The man is a business man and does nothing for free. He's going to remind Cressida that he helped her along and will make sure he gets payment in one form or another.

Here is what Harry might have to give:

Invitations To:
Dinners
Banquets
State receptions
Garden parties
Visits to Balmoral (royals are allowed to invite people over)
Society parties
Hunting/shooting parties
Weddings of continental aristocrats and royals (dethroned families often invite members of the BRF and reigning families)

Harry can also arrange for some kind of entree and it would not surprise me one bit if Richard wanted to upgrade to a 'better' spouse. Or maybe Harry could ask Cameron and his grandmother to approve a title higher than a knighthood for Richard, something like Viscount or something that would move him into the peerage. Being 'Sir' isn't a peer, it's more of an honorific. Something like Baron even would make him part of the peerage/House of Lords.

I am just sure that Harry hasn't seen Branson coming, like William didn't see Carole or the rest of the Middletons coming. I'm certain that Branson will want something.

Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

Thank you Cate!

I am coming round to your way of thinking Kuei Fei; Richard Branson is now living permanently at Necker Island (a tax heaven) so he could be stepping down from the day-to-day running of Virgin and may start social-climbing out of boredom if nothing else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: