Royal Gossip
July 19, 2018, 04:51:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bransons  (Read 26864 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2014, 08:39:26 am »

so in other words - BBC2 is doing a commercial for Branson's Necker Island resort ?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2014, 02:41:30 pm »

^Good summation.  It's not like we've never seen this before.  Good grief.  And to shove excess wealth in people's face; how tasteless.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:28:43 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2014, 07:41:31 pm »

I'm surprised that William and Richard Branson are not besties. They are so much alike. Branson has a few different initiatives where you basically pay obscene amount of money to go to his island and get his one of a kind once in a lifetime mentorship. Same thing William does now - but  Willy is too entitled to brag about his status and help people. He just brags about his status. Branson brags about his money. The two of them are so alike.
KGap
courtier

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2014, 04:18:55 am »

Ariel you are so right. Bill and dick are one and the same! Yuck!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2014, 12:45:31 pm »

'I'm worried I'll be sick when I go up in the spaceship': Inside the head of... Richard Branson

What is your earliest memory?

Being taken out in my parents’ old bumpety-bump car at nighttime when I was three. We lived in the country and money was tight, so babysitters were avoided whenever possible. If they wanted to go out for the night, my two sisters and I went too. We drove to a friend’s house, parked on the driveway and us lot snuggled up in the back. I have a vivid memory of Dad saying, ‘Now, don’t wake up!’

What sort of child were you?

Pretty naughty and not exactly easy. I remember one clash in the car on the way back from my grandmother’s house when I was six and Mum ordered me out and left me to find my own way home. I got lost, it got dark and I got scared. She never did that to me again. I was always coming up with mad ideas as a kid. When I was 15, I discovered that Budgerigars breed really quickly, so I thought I’d be able to make some money. I started a flock but they bred so rapidly while I was at boarding school that Mum got fed up and set them free.

Describe the best night of your life

It has to be the night I lost my virginity, aged 16, to a Dutch girl called Rudi. But not everything went to plan because Rudi had an asthma attack. Initially, I thought it was because I was a real stud, but when she told me what was happening I had to call an ambulance. Oddly enough, I got a letter from her a few weeks ago. She said she had discovered about 60 love letters from me and she wants to meet up and hand them back to me. She says they might be of historical interest. I look forward to saying hello again after all this time.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2860791/Richard-Branson-Virgin-Galactic-m-worried-ll-sick-spaceship.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:49:19 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »

^Why pay for it yourself when you can get someone to pay for you? Thats the motto of the BRF  sigh 

Which is how people like Branson and the Middletons are in fact able to get and stay connected to the royals.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2014, 03:51:06 am »

Sir Richard Branson quietly shelves Virgin submarine plan
Virgin Oceanic’s DeepFlight Challenger submarine, whose mission was described by Sir Richard Branson as “the last great challenge for humans”, has been mothballed

Sir Richard Branson has quietly shelved his latest adventure: an ambitious plan to pilot a submarine to the deepest points of the world’s five oceans.
The entrepreneur had a grand scheme to explore both space and sea. But his plan for the first rocket ship charging passengers for trips to the edge of space is in jeopardy after the craft crashed during a test flight, killing a pilot.
Now Sir Richard’s dream of exploring the lowest points on Earth is also on hold.
Virgin Oceanic’s DeepFlight Challenger submarine was unveiled in a blaze of publicity in April 2011, with Sir Richard describing its mission as “the last great challenge for humans”.
He had hoped the 18ft-long submarine, designed to “fly” along the ocean floor, would make its maiden voyage to the bottom of the Pacific’s Mariana Trench – at a depth of 36,000ft, the lowest known point on Earth – by the end of 2011, or failing that, by 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11291994/Sir-Richard-Branson-quietly-shelves-Virgin-submarine-plan.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25:05 am »

not going well for Branson lately - perhaps these two projects were really the sort of thing only governments can do
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2014, 09:57:09 am »

His hubris is the same as so many others who reach well beyond their own capabilities. He's an accomplished man and has a full life, but his idea of a commercial space flight and the idea of piloting a submarine is something that is well beyond our abilities right now. We don't need to go into space as tourists and his timelines for such creations that he has in mind are never going to be realistic. He's a great businessman, but he's really far too egotistical.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2014, 06:10:37 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888619/The-eye-popping-secrets-Branson-s-Caribbean-playground-Guests-fire-golf-balls-human-targets-dressed-sumo-wrestlers-eat-sushi-staff-member-s-stomach.htmlhttp://

So much for future royal vacations on Necker Island - I'd say it will be off limits after this documentary is shown

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

cross my fingers. Richard Branson is too "open minded" about boundaries. poor beautiful creatures who apply for a job to end up expected to prosti****. I mean - in Amsterdam you can have this 'attraction' of nude waiters and having the food served on someone's naked body. but this is at a certain part of town and that part of town is world famous for its ...business. can someone bring Richard to justice for his illegal entertainment ideas. cause let's face it - if someone like prince Andrew goes there and starts a 'relationship' with a waitress ... it aint relationship. relationships come with showing your gf in public and presenting her to momma. and i highly doubt that those poor creatures who work there are getting the real relationship experience with these people. they are just used for sex ....as free benefit to their job description.

...it is possible that the palace is taking revenge on Branson for backing up Cressida's campaign with dough and making Harry look like a fool in front of the entire nation... this looks like a carefully timed and calculated revenge that is right up the scorpio alley.   
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Not everything has the prints of the palace on it.

Branson has always been a pig and this just proves it. He tried to mess with Diana and I never understood WHY the members of the RF socialize with a man like that. If I knew a guy who tried to diddle my mother, I'd never hang around him, his island, or his family for that matter.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2014, 01:42:54 pm »

The only reasons why the royals hang out with a guy like Branson is because he gives them free perks and the royals love that. The less they have to pay for their jet-setting lifestyle, the better it is, for them.

Branson is buying their attention and presence.

I guess this is also why William feels so comfotable with the Middleton's: they all know what it means to wh0re yourself out for whatever perk you can get.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2014, 02:07:05 pm »

Shouldn't be so surprising; the entire RF has been buy-able and they only socialize with the rich. A bunch of pavement walkers, that family.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2014, 09:29:23 pm »

Holly Branson @HollyBranson  ·  
Freddie and I are thrilled to introduce you to the newest additions to the family, Etta and Artie Andrewes:

Welcoming the twins, Etta and Artie Andrewes:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6IPO6hCEAELG7k.jpg:large

A boy and a girl, on our 3rd anniversary, in time for Christmas – a dream come true:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6IH8ItIIAAhqj2.jpg

https://www.virgin.com/unite/our-community/welcoming-the-twins
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:32:15 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2015, 07:28:42 pm »

Fatal Virgin Galactic crash left me wondering whether to abandon space travel project, Richard Branson admits

Richard Branson has admitted that the fatal Virgin Galactic crash forced him to re-evaluate whether he should continue with his dream of civilian space travel.

The company's SpaceShipTwo rocket plane disintegrated over the Mojave desert in October, killing one pilot and injuring the other.

In a New Year's Day blog posting, the Virgin Galactic founder revealed how he was riddled with doubts about the multi-million-pound venture as he flew to California hours after the crash.

He wrote: 'I found myself questioning seriously for the first time, whether in fact it was right to be backing the development of something that could result in such tragic circumstances.

'In short — was Virgin Galactic and everything it has stood for and dreamt of achieving, really worth it?

'I got a very firm answer to that question immediately when I landed in Mojave.

'From the designers, the builders, the engineers, the pilots and the whole community who passionately believed — and still believe — that truly opening space and making it accessible and safe is of vital importance to all our futures.'

Co-pilot Michael Alsbury was killed in the accident and pilot Peter Siebold was seriously injured but managed to escape after activating his parachute system.

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) says cockpit video showed that Mr Alsbury prematurely pulled a lever that unlocked the feathering system which is designed to slow the craft's descent before landing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2897002/Fatal-Virgin-Galactic-crash-left-wondering-abandon-space-travel-project-Richard-Branson-admits.html

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:51 pm »

there is no - none - zero - justification for tourism in space.  It promotes the inequality which threatens the very foundations of our society and it uses too many resources.  If Branson weren't so full of himself he would have known this from the beginning and never started it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2015, 09:18:18 pm »

This was just about Branson and his glory.

As of now it's impossible to launch anything through our atmosphere without a hug amount of cover just to get through an ozone layer that is heated at several thousand degrees. Then the training to handle the change in atmosphere physically and of course, fuel.

It's not just taking a slim plane through the air, it's a literal, different change.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2015, 12:54:10 am »

Sir Richard Branson takes his twin grandchildren Etta and Artie shopping in Notting Hill

Sir Richard Branson was left in charge of his baby grandchildren on Friday, and it's no surprise that the billionaire wanted to treat them.

The Virgin founder was spotted in Notting Hill pushing a double pram carrying the twin babies of his daughter Holly Branson.

He stopped by the Petit Bateau store to put his well-earned money to good use and buy some things for his first pair of grandchildren.
Grand day out: Sir Richard Branson was left in charge of his baby grandchildren Etta and Artie on Friday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2963276/Sir-Richard-Branson-takes-twin-grandchildren-Etta-Artie-shopping-Notting-Hill.html

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2015, 02:59:19 am »

^I just love Petit Bateau.  That is all.  I have no grandchildren yet nor probably ever will so I dream.   flirt

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: