Royal Gossip
July 22, 2017, 01:52:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bransons  (Read 21069 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: October 13, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »

Sir Richard Branson reveals why he is bidding farewell to Britain

Official land registry documents have revealed that Branson's luxury Uk home and surrounding estate in Oxfordshire was bought by his two children, Sam and Hollie

Sir Richard Branson ............the poster boy for British business, in a shock move, he has chosen to sell up and move permanently to Necker Island.

The isle, located in the Caribbean has just been renovated, Necker was given a luxury make-over after being left ravaged in August of 2011, when a bolt of lightning caused a huge blaze.

Branson bought the paradise retreat during in the 1970s.

A spokesperson for Branson spoke about the relocation, claiming; "This move is a lifestyle choice. The sun shines, he feels healthy and he travels around the world doing what he wants.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436461/Sir-Richard-Branson-reveals-why-he-is-bidding-farewell-to-Britain

With Hollie and Sam, both married, it's probably a smart move to sell them the British Branson family estates , keeping it in the family and both can raise any future children there if they choose to.

Pippa must be kicking herself, that she could never get her claws into Sam, a British billionaires son. tehe
I've always felt that Isabella picked the best choice if she ever had one ,between PW and Sam.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:45:20 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »

Serene Grace - I agree that for Isabella, Sam was the best choice by a billion billion miles!!!!

However for the country and the Monarchy Isabella would have been a brilliant choice compared to the lackluster Waity!!!

As a family the Bransons are great!!!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 05:43:31 pm »

Sir Richard should just retire and enjoy the rest of his life; an island paradise, peaceful surroundings, and leave the estates to his kids preventing the need for a death tax. He's an icon of the times really.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:18:12 pm »

Serene Grace - I agree that for Isabella, Sam was the best choice by a billion billion miles!!!!

However for the country and the Monarchy Isabella would have been a brilliant choice compared to the lackluster Waity!!!

As a family the Bransons are great!!!

Isabella was said to be a favorite of the Palace and Pr.Charles, I think William did really want her, but it was said during that time he was hopeless at having to woo or do any work to get a girl, he just expected the girls to say yes and be available. I also think Isabella didn't want the life. Still....she always made many of the Kate fans nervous, especially during the break ups between William and Kate.   Some of the Kate fans would pull up old photos of Isabella spouting how undesirable she was.   Same ole, same ole. tehe

[/URL]
india
Princess

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:07 am »

Give me a break.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:43:41 am »

I thought we should talk about Branson, his ambitions, his connection to the RF, and what we think are his intentions for Harry and Cressida.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 12:48:33 am »

I don't think it's Richard himself who's pushing for this match, but he son Sam. I would hope that Richard has better things to do with his time.
Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 01:00:58 am »

If Richard Branson is involved, then I like to think his ultimate ambition is to put the Virgin brand on the Royal Family, literally as well as metaphorically, with the royal coat of arms incorporating if not replaced by the Virgin logo. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Harry join forces with Usain Bolt to try and convince us to switxh Virgin's super-fast, fibre-optic broadband during commercial breaks on our TV screens in the not too distant future (and I'm only half-joking).
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 01:18:29 am »

One thing is for sure, with Harry on the scene, Branson will cut his advertising costs drastically as he will not need to pay for publicity for any of his events. He will just call his stooge Harry and bingo, free publicity. Its ok if it is Branson's commercial events but the sad thing will be if it involves charity; instead of people concentration on what the charity is all about, it will be all about Harry and Cressida; will he propose? are they getting closer, what did she wear etc

After a while people will get irritated with constantly seeing Harry at their events and start to raise the same questions we are raising here. Eventually, people will tune out their message,  start to question his motives  and just see Branson as having an unfair advantage in Harry and BOOM, its too late. Harry in the long run may lose credibility himself. I hope he has good advisers because it takes years and years to build up credibility but you can lose it in a matter of weeks and we all know that credility once lost takes a long time to regain, if ever
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:20:36 am by JuneBug » Logged

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:28:54 am »

His advisors might be to scared to talk to a prince in a direct way. Rebecca Deacon, who now works for Waity, said that although they're friendly, it's know to never cross the line and talk to them as a friend or some such crap she said.They want to keep their job or keep their acquaintance, so they'll just sgar coat things and let Harry walk into the Branson trap. Cressida's to hedonistic to be with Harry in any capacity because Harry's too old to live that kind of life. he has responsibilities especially to his Sentable kids. He's on track to letting them down badly. Like JuneBug said, his credibility's coming into question now. Look at the tweet on the Cressida dating Harry thread. The tweeter is asking if it was a Virigin plane that was used to get to the skiing holiday.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 03:40:20 am »

Thing is, that Branson is good at knowing how to handle the RF while making them obligated to him.

He supplied Necker to Diana and the RF for many years and still foots the bills for Beatrice to enjoy stays at the fabulous places. His employee David Clark is dating her and I wager that it's put David in good stead with Branson as well.

There is no way that Branson isn't sweating like crazy for a solid family connection to the RF and I think he's making Ma Midds look like a piker.

The real weak point, is money; the RF is too cheap to spend their own, so Branson is always there 'helping' them out and creating more obligations for him. If the RF were not so fixated with being cheap and being 'taken care of' they would certainly end up very different and around better people.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 05:31:20 am »

well - the Bransons may discover they have spent money on worthless goods
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 06:06:18 am »

Branson is no fool; he's very aware that Harry might end up taking William's place.

I think he's placing a winning bet; William is so ruined himself that people are becoming very pro-Harry. Harry would be better than Beatrice, since Beatrice is under Fergie's thumb and I believe that Fergie would seriously revel in being a Queen Mother (however divorced) and Fergie would be placed in a situation where she would be mother of the future Sovereign, the very role Diana had planned on being. Branson might pull off having the half sister of the future Queen Consort of Britain (or however things are from then on) as a DIL. I do know that as long as Harry is determined to be dependent and limit himself to Branson, Cressida will get that ring Branson wants her to get.

Branson could be so close to the throne and with William floundering, Harry has a very real chance at being put into second in line.

Any bets that Branson is spending his nights up late with a team of professionals strategizing about how to get the ring? I don't think Cressida is part of it (she does as she's told) and he's likely reveling in the reality that he's very, very close to the success of no longer being a generous outsider, but someone who is going to end up attached by his DIL to the RF in a very real way. He's married right now, but his wife could be left on some pretext (I wouldn't put it past him) and he could hunt for a newer higher ranking wife.

I wonder why he didn't try for Fergie when Fergie was freshly single. Then he would be the loaded step-daddy of two Princesses of the Blood and uncle by marriage to Harry and William, giving him far more leverage and he could have ended up closer to Diana as well. Then of course, it would only be 'natural' that Harry meet Cressida.

He would then have removed Fergie off of Andrew's hands and likely earned the eternal gratitude of the rest of the royal family since Fergie would have been stripped of her "Duchess of York" title and fully removed from the royal sphere.  He's likely working on Harry like crazy and certainly won't be stinting.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 08:32:24 am »

I think that in order to understand what people like Branson and even the RF are up to you have to be pretty cynical - because they are cynical.  I am clearly not cynical enough so maybe I do not get them.  However - I will point out that who gets the throne is a decision of Parliament - NOT the RF - it is determined by law and messing with that law is no easy matter.  If the monarchy is still around when it comes time for Will to move up - Branson will be an old man and the world will be a rather different place.  It could easily be another 20 years before the throne is available to Will.  It could even be longer.  As I said - by then Will and Harry are both middle aged, bald and boring - Branson is then in his 80's.  So I really doubt that Branson is counting on Harry getting the throne - he is looking at more immediate uses for Harry.

The Cressie-Harry thing was cooked up by Fergie and Cressie's momma who have been friends since back in the days when Fergie was cheating on her hubby and getting her toes sucked by Texas oil millionaires (geez those royals sure love sleazy rich people).  Branson has been drawn in by the daughter in law and I would venture that it is Sam who has more interest in this than Daddy Branson.  Keep in mind that Holly - the sister - is the one who is going to run Virgin not Sam - and she is notably not participating in this run for the tiara.  Harry Cressie might end up losing their financing sooner than they might expect.

So if anyone thinks they can make long range plans based on the Windsors - who are doing their very best to utterly alienate their people - they are going to be sadly surprised.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 09:51:19 am »

If Harry marries Cressida the only thing that is gonna happen is that Branson is gonna be invited at the wedding given that girl has no connection to him at all I don't see how he has a horse in this raise ... maybe Sam being friends with Harry likes that they are now both with sisters and can double date but I doubt Branson .SR has given this a second thought ...
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 10:08:16 am »

Cressi sister is married to Branson's son so that's the connection...family dinners... guess who most likely is sitting there with them over thanksgiving and Christmas? sure isn't Santa clause
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:56 am »

For me, I only see Branson finding any kind of involvement with the BRF as a sort of fun adventure for him; something to perhaps add a certain cache to his image but a fun ride only.  He's already knighted and lives in a rarefied atmosphere far above the RF, pardon the pun.  With a net personal worth, per Forbes, of $5B vs the paltry $500M of HM he has zero financial need for their input.  He's already in bed with many royals already, mostly the Arab group, so, big whup.  Are the BRF going to invest in his business initiatives?  I doubt it.

BUT, and it's a big one, he's always been a risk taker but a business man first and foremost. I've had the impression of Branson as sort of a modern day Barnum/Bailey and loves excitement, something with which I don't see the BRF being familiar.  They'd better get used to that which, I believe, may be of some concern to them, however cheap and advantage-taking they are.  With PH being a daredevil himself I can see a connection that would be a desired match with Branson where he's concerned and as crazy as this sounds, I can see Harry being front and center for a flight in space which would be an enormous coup for Branson's space program.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 02:41:57 pm »

It is the mind set by many in the UK. Many people with money grovel to the Windsors because a connection to the royals does bring its own benefits, just ask the Middleton clan.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 04:30:18 pm »

They are not exactly family values! Virgin bosses left red-faced as star of their TV adverts Usain Bolt dirty dances on stage
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2588491/Olympic-legend-Usain-Bolt-shows-moves-performs-sexy-daggering-dance-Trinidad-Tobago-carnival.html#ixzz2wzbs8Glw

what a great association for the Royals with people like this easter-lol
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »

^   laugh   laugh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: