Royal Gossip
June 26, 2017, 11:23:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "HRH The Countess of Wessex appointed Global Ambassador  (Read 4896 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: October 09, 2013, 02:44:55 pm »

"HRH The Countess of Wessex appointed Global Ambassador"-

http://www.intaward.org/news/hrh-countess-wessex-appointed-global-ambassador

HRH The Countess of Wessex has accepted an invitation to take up the role of Global Ambassador for The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
The Countess’ appointment comes ahead of her visit to several Award units in South Africa. The Countess undertakes public duties for a variety of charities, including The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award. HRH is committed to extending the rights and opportunities of young people, work she will continue as Global Ambassador for the Award worldwide.
Championing the Award
Secretary General of The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation John May says he is absolutely delighted that The Countess has accepted her appointment as the Foundation’s first Global Ambassador.
“The Countess of Wessex is very well known throughout the world for her support for children and young people.  

http://www.intaward.org/news/hrh-countess-wessex-appointed-global-ambassador

Twitter:  via @intaward

So, the news is out! HRH The Countess of Wessex will be our first Global Ambassador, and we are very excited intaward.org/news/hrh-count…

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:53:12 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:21:52 pm »

starting to wonder if the Royal family are the royals for Africa with all the attention they're giving them instead of their own county
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:47 pm »

Agree.  I am sorry for the Africans, but what about the old saying - charity begins at home.  winter coming, so many old people can´t afford a bit of extra food or to put the heating on as they can´t afford it, no money.  Can´t afford a new thick coat to keep warm.  Kids going out on a  cold morning with no breakfast.  Why give all this support to Africa when there is a mega poverty situation on our own doorstep.   bignono
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »

well said ginger...couldn't agree more

worry about your own country first before worry about another country...the UK is starting to remind me allot of the United States and how much attention they focus on other countries than their own.

good to see that the Countess is doing something...but geezus do more for your own
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:33:24 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:34:52 pm »

starting to wonder if the Royal family are the royals for Africa with all the attention they're giving them instead of their own county

Maybe they are desperate to be fashionable and don't care about the UK at all. Africa is after all, oh so fashionable.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:59:01 pm »

Hmmm, maybe it is fashionable to help Africa, but they need to remember who pays for their privileged lifestyles, their homes, their flash cares, protection officers, travel etc. etc.  Why should we pay for them just to go off and support Africa.  Nothing against Africa, don´t get me wrong, but the UK has more than enough problems that need addressing and putting right, and money spent on them.  So, what they are saying is that pensioners and children can starve, unemployment can rocket sky high and that is okay because they want to use the money want to help Africa  -  just about sums up the royal family these days.  They are going the right way at the moment for the public to be sick and tired of them and  decide they are not worth the money.  Giving the Republicans a load of ammunition aren´t they.  Let us not forget waimpo wants to live the high life but put no effort in, wants that sprog of his brought up in secret, wants a huge apartment/house at KP, a house warm.  Oh, I forgot, wimpo wants to be "normal".  Strange the rest of us don´t get that kind of life,.  That guy is in lala land and the royal family do nothing to stop him.  What is the matter with that family, they are so dysfunctional.  No wonder the aristocracy and other royals don´t want to marry into it, wimpo was left to scrape the bottom of the barrel with wasty.  I would add that I have nothing against Sophie, quite like her, but she should have a good look in her own back yard before going off to support another country.
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 06:42:53 pm »

Perhaps the Brits could convince the Africaaners to finance the BRF, and move them to Africa since that is where most of their charity work seems to go?

Why not help their own people in England?  You know, the ones who financially support the welfare queen and her descendants.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 07:36:17 pm »

I am certain that the reason the royals do it is because they are still eager to have a colonial style role in African affairs (and that of other nations); for some reason the BRF still likes to interfere and yet, go figure, leave their own subjects to freeze and suffer while they go and raise millions for African schools.

As for the Afrikaners, the Afrikaners can drop dead for all the British RF cares, or that of the British government.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:41:33 pm »

http://www.royal.gov.uk/CharitiesandPatronages/Search%20Charities%20and%20Patronages.aspx

Sophie has 7 pages of charities and patronages on the royal.gov site, when I did a  quick search. Most appear based in the UK. 69 organizations came up, most based in UK from what I could see.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:44:59 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 02:46:21 am »

^

Good to know that Sophie does have that many charities located in the UK!  Thanks, S.G.!

KF-One day, I hope to see all of the other commonwealth countries drop and became their own countries, leaving the BRF behind.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 02:58:39 am »

Don't see the problem.  She hardly goes overseas for charity work.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 05:18:36 am »

^

Good to know that Sophie does have that many charities located in the UK!  Thanks, S.G.!

KF-One day, I hope to see all of the other commonwealth countries drop and became their own countries, leaving the BRF behind.

I think all the governments are making outlines of a republic and I think all these international patronages are useless since after all, it's not like Sophie is in any of these countries on a regular frequent basis. She does nothing of substance and I don't see her as someone who is really that aware of the intricacies of the whole thing.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 09:53:15 am »

Don't see the problem. 

Neither do, Sophie's a very hardworking Royal I think her appointment is well deserved and as the future DuchessOE she will be heading the organization with Pr.Edward and the DOE awards cover those in need in the UK also. I don't see one thing negative about the appointment. She has definitely earned it. IMO

[/URL]
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 07:10:46 pm »

don't get me wrong it's nice to see her off doing this...but seriously Africa is getting so much royal attention lately that it makes me question this royal family
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 11:12:08 pm »

That's true, lately Africa seems to be the destination for some of the royals. I get your point on the subject too. It irritated me  for years seeing so many U.S. celebrities focusing on Africa when in the US there are so many needy kids and elderly who would have benefited from those millions.

I was just pointing out that Sophie does do a lot of UK charities and patronages.

[/URL]
TeamCC
royal watcher

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 04:56:30 am »

I like forumers here as we are all learning and improving from the lessons to be learned
from this family.

Africa is first a massive source of wealth for any wealthy western families for a very long time
No people did not fight in African for the animals, vegetations, or for Africans.
Just for the wealth.
The charity done there is often a token for the returns expected.
The reason there is so less interests in say China is because Chinese would
make sure the returns on investment goes to China.
Now even India has understood and is getting the returns on investments
back to India.
What is still happening in Africa : the return on investment goes to the West.
So yes charity starts at home : Africa is where the wealth and good is taken
to be brought to Britain . The other parts of the world are now much harder.

Now, I can only wish good luck to any person who in all sincerity invest in
Africa with an expectation of return on investment going to Africa and mostly
African people. But I can only count this on one side of my hand.
And I do educate myself on African issues.

Also, for those who know really about human development history ( from genetics
to human movement, etc...), looking to the dire situation African people have been
put in is actually the West biggest long term shame.
And God knows what will be the long term consequences when African people become
as educated say like the Chinese are starting to become now. So it is best as much
good will get generated now. And for those who understand, it is best to develop
as much good will as possible.
Also, if China managed to lift out of dire poverty 300 millions people in less than 10 years,
and you can see how the Chinese are giving people a run for their money.
Now realize that China is just now starting to lift millions of African out of poverty - the Chinese
mentality being the more poor people get lifted from poverty, the more pressure is put
on the more priviledged layers of society to take their duties seriously and not rest on their
laurels.
Can you imagine - may be very difficult due to epidermic barriers - more than 500 millions of
African much better educated, much more clever than you, much wealthier than you, etc...
This is actually the inimaginable/ "impossible" future that is being shaped - first to the credit
of African themselves. A bit like 50 years ago, nobody could expect to see China where it is
today... the same story is taking shape in Africa.
 Understanding geopolitics and geopolitics history helps to put matters into context.
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

Africa is first a massive source of wealth for any wealthy western families for a very long time
........  Understanding geopolitics and geopolitics history helps to put matters into context.

goodpost

Really, they can dish out any title they like to Mrs. Sophie (Wessex) whatever her name is, but I must say the hypocrisy makes my blood boil with righteous anger, at the injustice of it all.
Meanwhile the royals and co are growing filthy rich by enslaving black people in the guise of a benevolent cause, which turns out to be a malevolent one.

Charity sure does begin at home, that's for sure!  Angry
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:17:50 pm by Dasher » Logged
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 02:47:53 am »

A niggly point, the correct title surely ought to be 'Global Ambassadoress'.
Does that mean that the title Duchess ought to be 'Dutch then?  huh
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 09:49:34 pm »

........  Understanding geopolitics and geopolitics history helps to put matters into context.

goodpost

Really, they can dish out any title they like to Mrs. Sophie (Wessex) whatever her name is, but I must say the hypocrisy makes my blood boil with righteous anger, at the injustice of it all.
Meanwhile the royals and co are growing filthy rich by enslaving black people in the guise of a benevolent cause, which turns out to be a malevolent one.

Charity sure does begin at home, that's for sure!  Angry

So true

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: