Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 03:58:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla's simple holiday: A £20 M&S swimsuit and a gripping novel  (Read 6826 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: September 08, 2013, 03:48:43 am »

Camilla's simple holiday: A £20 M&S swimsuit and a gripping novel (but she is on a £50million yacht)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2415064/Camillas-simple-holiday-A-20-M-amp-S-swimsuit-gripping-novel-50million-yacht.html

wow needed a vacation after all her hard work
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 05:03:44 am »

"Simple"? Yeah okay
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:25:43 am »

Creepy that they know er swim wear's price !!!  shifty
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:17:51 am »

While Charles was at the Braemer Games with the Queen & PP. They take separate holidays and have separate homes, it makes one wonder if they are really married or still playing Prince and his Mistress.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:47:16 pm »

It might have been a weekend thing ... no need to let imagination fly ...
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 11:54:01 pm »

It was really curious that she was not at Braemer simply because as far as I know she is always there and it is supposed to be the kind of thing she likes. She is supposed to not like the heat but Mallorca at this time of the year is still very hot and the humidity is the worse thing ever.

Curiouser and curiouser.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 12:07:55 am »

I don't think they spend all that much time together but they have to keep putting out the PR of how she makes him Oh So Happy.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:56 am »

It was really curious that she was not at Braemer simply because as far as I know she is always there and it is supposed to be the kind of thing she likes. She is supposed to not like the heat but Mallorca at this time of the year is still very hot and the humidity is the worse thing ever.
Curiouser and curiouser.
yup. curious why she went to a beachy place after all this years and quite weird that the pics are similar to some of Diana's vacation pics.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 01:22:39 am »

The woman does not have "simple" vacations. If she did she'd go to an Econolodge and not be surrounded by security and not return back to Raymill which is being guarded even when she's not home or to one of her Palaces.
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:40 am »

This a commercial vessel so this may have been the only rime it was not booked and thus available for Camilla.& Co.

Also this may have been to give Charles precious time alone with Prince Philip - for them finally to come to some sort of loving understanding before PP dies - who knows?

I don't see anything wrong in married couples spending time, even a lot of time, apart - last week The New York Times run an article about career women who had sent their husbands and children off to the country for the summer months while they remained in New York and had a wonderful time wotking and meeting up with their friends for girls only drinks, cinema, dinners etc  All these women had happy marriages.

This also shows that, unlike Waity, Camilla actually has friends and also that she actually reads books!!!

Camilla always has a summer holiday like this on various friends boats and has been accompanied in the past by various friends, including the actress Joanna Lumley.

Actually I think it is very wise of Camilla to keep Raymill as a home as if, Heaven forbid, something happened to Charles, she would still have a home.

Also, unlike Waity, Camilla did inherit half a million pounds, from her maternal grandmother, when she was 21 years - of course, in this lottery mad age that does not sound much BUT when Camilla was 21 years it was an awful lot of money.

A general comment - some people believe the secret of a happy marriage is to maintain the mystery and excitement by doing things like taking holidays without each other - anyway you don't have to be joined at the hip.

And there is also the viewpoint that it is good for men to spend time together in a men only group and for women to spend time in a women only group.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 01:29:45 am »

I doubt Charles is with his father now. And Philip may not be near death now.

No matter what the situation in their marriage after all the Great Love Spin and  avoid the scandal of a second divorce, Charles is not going to divorce the woman so she's secure for life.

For all we know Charles has other ladies on the side. Camilla is not going to complain-- she got all the marbles.

The "mystery and excitement" IMO is gone since they don't have to sneak around on their spouses anymore.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 01:31:26 am »

Curiouser and curiouser.
I dont think is 1rst time ... I think years ago - before K-W Wedding - she missed one Braemer, Charles & even Edward were there. I remember other forum I read back then commented she SHOULD be there as future queen, if wasnt Braemer then was some other important event of/for Windsors.

I doubt Diana will be given this privilege+good press, probably she will be reported as dont care for her husband & Windsors, want the socialite lifestyle, spend too much money on lavish vacations... but with Camilla all is OK...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:35:30 am by dianab » Logged
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 02:47:44 pm »

I am feeling deeply envious of the Duchess of Cornwall. Not because of the tiaras, or the HRH, or even the fact that she was still on holiday in September when the rest of us were back at work. No, my envy is all down to her choice of holiday reading.On board a yacht off Majorca with friends, she was photographed apparently gripped by the novel Casting Off, the fourth part of the Cazalet Chronicles written by Elizabeth Jane Howard.

It has come to this...   bored3

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/10296386/The-Duchess-of-Cornwall-Back-off-literary-snobs-I-was-gripped-by-Camillas-holiday-book-too.html

simon_coulter
Yesterday 04:37 AM
"Deeply envious"?  You need to get out more.

I agree with this guy.  thumbsup  laugh

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 03:44:03 pm »

Does Charles need a mistress now and I wonder if Camilla would worry?

Some say it's hard to turn a person you use to sneak around with into a fulltime wife, methinks it might be true. I wonder if Camilla is even suited for every day life with Charles? 

Maybe Charles is looking for an ear to bend, bit on the side, about Camilla.  laugh

[/URL]
Venus De Milo
courtier

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 04:27:55 pm »

I doubt that any woman is suited to every day life with Charles.

Well, you know the famous quote by Sir James Goldsmith "When a man marries his mistress, he creates a job vacancy"
That might be the way Charles feels right now. I don't think Camilla would worry, Charles is not going to divorce her, it would be a massive scandal with a second divorce, that's not going to happen.
And on the bright side she would probably just be able to have affairs of her own.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:30:19 pm by Venus De Milo » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 05:19:44 pm »

Maybe with her ex husband who would be a likely candidate  now that he's a widower.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 07:31:47 pm »

That would be hilarious if Camilla was sniffing around her ex.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »

^As if Anne would let her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 08:47:12 pm »

laugh

[/URL]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: