Royal Gossip
September 22, 2017, 10:38:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine pregnant  (Read 13970 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »

I think it's lovely she gets the princess title. This time the king has done well. Madeline should have the same rights as CP. Isn't Victoria the heir?

However, the name Leonore and its variants is over used in the next generation. A bit boring.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:26 am »

those are lovely pics -  delightful baby girl and I like the name
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

what a beautiful baby girl...bet these 2 are so proud...congrats to them both...although the name is a mouth full and I don't really care for it...but she's sooo cute  loveshower
berlin
Countess

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 03:14:04 am »

At least her names are regal and royal.  I'm a bit surprised they did not go the modern route.  So Leonore has to commence education in Sweden by the age of 6?  So will Chris and Madeleine have to move to Sweden?  I hope not.
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2014, 06:28:12 am »

How lovely. So the Princess title is a courtesy from the King easter-egg-basket  I find it weird that the baby's father chose to remain a commoner and now the baby is a Princess. Well, reigning monarchs can bestow titles upon whoever they want. I've read that actress Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband used to be a taxi driver and then he was adopted by a German Princess in exchange for a lot of money (she was bankrupt) and then he became a full titled Prince. Hilarious  laugh
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2014, 12:46:41 am »

thumbsdown  thumbsdown thumbsdown

Because that is her birthright as the daughter of a Swedish princess regardless of where she is born.

thumbsdown Princesses married to commoners don't have children that are titled? What part of this truth warranted snarkiness?
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 12:52:39 am »

It could be that with the consent of the Council which sat today, the style, title and dignity, which is the description applied in the BRF
was in the gift of the King.  It has been stated that she must commence her education in Sweden by the age of six to retain her place
in the succession.  If Carl Philip marries Sofia, presumably their children will be HRHs, so I don't imagine anyone in the RF would want
Madeleine and Chris' daughter relegated as Miss Leonore O'Neill when it was likely possible for him to determine otherwise with the
consent and approval of the Council. flower

Well, her father isn't titled so her own title is a gift? Yeah...  shifty
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2014, 12:56:26 am »

Isn't it because Sweden has equal inheritance law that came into effect in the 1980s, and which is why Carl Philip is not the heir to the throne?
beline
courtier

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2014, 07:51:13 am »

Since 1980, Swedish princesses got equal rights to succession (and titles, hence Duchess of Gotland for little Leonore). So Princess Madeleine's children are entitled to be HRH and Prince / Princess as well, exactly like any children of her brother Carl Philip.
Chris O'Neill could also have been made a Duke upon his marriage, but he refused any title.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2014, 08:17:35 am »

What you say is all true, but what made me post my comment was the use of the word 'birthright'. Noble titles are not transferred by women in the Scandinavian countries (neither in Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium).
Spain and the UK (in some cases) are the exception to the rule. And of course the rules are slightly changed when it concerns royals, but in that case special laws have to be accepted by the national parliament, or the Council of State.
beline
courtier

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:07 am »

Sorry  flower I thought about royal titles not noble titles
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2014, 11:27:53 am »

Since 1980, Swedish princesses got equal rights to succession (and titles, hence Duchess of Gotland for little Leonore). So Princess Madeleine's children are entitled to be HRH and Prince / Princess as well, exactly like any children of her brother Carl Philip.
Chris O'Neill could also have been made a Duke upon his marriage, but he refused any title.

But to be in the line of succession, they don't need royal titles. Not even noble ones. The daughters of Princess Martha of Norway are in the line of succession, but are named Behn, without a title or HRH. Even their cousin, Sverre, the younger son of the Crown Prince, is no HRH. The same with the children of f.e. Princess Anne The Princess Royal, or the children of the Infanta's Elena and Cristina.

The fact that Madeleine's daughter is an HRH, Duchess of Gotland etc is the result of her grandfather's wish (so I understand). But it is not a tradition for a princess to transfer her titles on her children and there is no need from a law-point of view.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »

Scandinavian Royals. ‏@crownprincely 40m

Princess Leonore's christening will take place at the beginning of Summer, that will be the first time she will travel to Sweden.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: