Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 12:04:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine pregnant  (Read 13088 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »

Swedes take grave offence after Princess Madelaine chooses to have her baby in NY
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537664/Swedish-Princess-baby-New-York.html#ixzz2qBopVVY9
'Many here at home will probably be disappointed, they want their princess back home in Sweden, as part of the royal family. The fact that Madeleine will give birth abroad cements a distance to her,' said Lundgren.

On the contrary, Lundgren also says there were certain factors such as a difficult pregnancy that might make it hard for the princess to travel home. He called her decision 'purely practical.'

'She has had a tough pregnancy, she missed the Nobel banquette for example, and it is simply more convenient to give birth there than in Sweden,' he said.

According to Swedish lifestyle magazine Svensk Damtidning, the 31-year-old royal and her husband Christopher O'Neill are welcoming a daughter into the world on February 25.

The Princess has yet to confirm the reports herself, but a Swedish Royal Court spokeswoman told Svenskdam.se that the information is indeed true.

The younger sister of Crown Princess Victoria, Madeleine is fourth in line to the Swedish throne. The baby will be fifth in line.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 04:44:19 pm »

I think the choice is right. The kid will not have a role in the royal family so there is no reason to have it in Sweden.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »

ITA. Madeleine's husband is American. If it suits the couple to have the child in New York, really, there is no problem. The baby is half Swedish through his/her mother.

Surely the Swedes have more important things to worry about.
HC
Countess

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 06:01:35 pm »

I agree.

Madeleine and her future child is so long from the throne, so there is no need to wait around in Sweeden.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 08:22:48 pm »

I understand there is a Constitutional consequence. Like in many other countries the need for an official to be present at birth has been abandonned, but like in The Netherlands, a newborn child with rights to the throne must be 'presented' to several officials. In The Netherlands that means the PM, the vice-chairman of the Council of State and the chairman of Parliament.
I wonder what will happen in this case...will a Swedish representation travel to NYC?

As for pregnant women not travelling..there is absolutely no medical reason why a healthy* pregnant woman would not be able to fly in her third trimester. It is just that many commercial airliners don't want to get stuck with a woman giving labor on the plane, so they play it safe and say that essentially any woman in her 3rd trimester can no longer fly with their airline.
But I am sure that if needed, Madeleine can always rely on a private government plane.

* This does not include women with high bloodpreasure and things like bloodpoisoning.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 09:02:02 pm »

I applaud Madeleine and Chris for their choice.  The Swedes sounds quite whinny.  However, perhaps it's not the best idea to give their children HRH style.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 09:46:41 pm »

^Neither is to maintain the bodyguards and benefits of being a princess. She doesn't do any job for the swedish family anymore. It would be more rational to say that she keeps her rights of succession and attends a couple of events but for the rest she is a private person.

BTW she was in Sweden a month ago or less so not a problem to travel on air...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »

I feel that since Madeleine is a Princess of Sweden she should have her baby in her country....I don't care if her hubby is an American...he should understand that he married someone that represents a country that pays for her life style.....she can continue to live the life of a Princess then she should really start acting like a royal.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 11:39:40 pm »

I can understand the way the swedes feel about this - she is a member of their royal family and now it feels like they have lost her.  It would probably help if she does something to reassure the swedish people about her continuing loyalty to them - although the reality is that both she and her children will grow up in the US.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 12:37:04 am »

She reminds me of Harald's sister that died a couple of years ago. The one who was against Mette and said it publicly.

Madeleine seems cut off from the main family. She mustn't like snake girl and her relationship with her father looks cold  huh

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 08:56:50 am »

Why not have the kid at the Swedish Embassy here in the US?

I do think though that in some way Sweden should be part of the event and if she has this kid and the kid has a place in the succession, then at least the kid should have a choice.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 11:33:46 am »

Or declare the hospital room temporary Swedish, like all embassies. They did so when the Dutch Crown Princess Juliana gave birth to her third daughter Margriet in Canada where the Crown Princess and her daughters were living during WW II.
The hospital room was declared international territory so the princess wouldn't have Canadian citizenship (next to her Dutch citizenship she had automatically as the child of a Dutch national).
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 01:38:40 pm »

The kid will have double nationality anyway no?
I know I have both Belgian and German citycenship (mum is German)
Though I'd have to aply with the German consulate to get a German pasport and since that requires a bit of much hated redtape and running around I never botherd with it.
Now if there were a distinct difference in say  taxes or pension I might think about it but with eurolaw it makes no difference at the moment so..

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 08:31:19 pm »

A strong snowstorm today has completely covered the view from our office, hope I can make it home... — in New York, NY, United States

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=377111595759617&set=a.196917420445703.49412.196508567153255&type=1&theater

she looks so cute

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 12:21:18 am »

http://hrhsussex.tumblr.com/post/76465616280/danish-royal-family

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

beline
gossip insider

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 08:33:32 am »

Princess Madeleine gave birth to a baby girl on Thursday Feb. 20 in NYC  easter-bunny

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/mediacentre/pressreleases/pressreleases/princessmadeleineandmrchristopheroneillhavehadadaughter.5.19aaa1d3143e3582c02b28.html

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/latestnews/latestnews/announcementfromthemarshaloftherealm.5.19aaa1d3143e3582c02ad3.html

No names and titles yet, but the King and Queen will come and meet their new granddaughter in the coming days.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 12:35:32 pm »

Congrats to the new parents
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »

Awwww congrats to them  loveshower

Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 04:05:59 pm »

Congrats to the couple.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »

someone from the press asked O'Neill if he had bought his wife a push-present and he said he had indeed. He didn't want to tell: "I will first give it to my wife before telling you".

Anyway, Madeleine gets the present but WK is still waiting for hers, for all we know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: