Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 05:22:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes Charles made in his life  (Read 8454 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 04:53:25 pm »

She will ascend the throne as an old wrinkled dried up used tampon. Gross.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 08:24:47 pm »

What I don't understand is why Charles is held up as an exemplar of mental health. Charles had and has lots of problems and hangups. If you read the Dimbleby book he clearly holds grudges and hangs on to them for years, he is entirely too self centered for his own good and doesn't like people criticizing him. I think HE needed help but he felt himself too perfect for it. Diana was not "mentally ill". She was under a lot of stress brought about by being married to Charles and having Camila about which brought out he eating disorder which she got under control. She was no Frances Farmer in and out of mental hospitals but got help for the eating disorder and spoke to someone. If BOTH the Waleses sought counseling I think it would have made a world of difference. Charles had and has many hangups which should have been addressed early on. It is difficult for any woman to have a husband who absolutely will not listen to her concerns and in fact, treat her badly emotionally, hurting her self esteem. Diana's issues came from the put downs of her husband--if they BOTH went for counseling I think both would have benefitted. Maybe some unsycophantic psychologist would have told Charles to rid himself of the interfering mistress and help the two work on the marriage.

Charles friends IMO were moutpieces for him. He was not seen putting down his wife to the media but he apparently condoned his pals doing it and kept his mouth shut and didn't stop this.

I have never seen Charles held up as an exemplary of mental health.  He clearly had many problems as did Diana and both of them had these problems pre-marriage.  Yes, Charles needed help.  I do agree.
There is no proof that neither one of them was mentally stable, and neither showed the propensity for stability.
Stress?  I believe they were both stressed due to things-emotions-care they both needed from the other, but neither was capable of giving.  In reality, as they only dated 13 times, neither could possibly have been "in love".  Impossible.

Like you, I believe counselling could have helped them both, but alas it never happened.  But the hatred of one over the other is kind of too simplistic an explanation. 

The book you recommended to me didn't truly paint either in glowing lights, and neither did it really attack each of them even though it was pro-Diana, it was cleverly written.

Charles should not have married Diana.  He didn't love her and was pushed into it by his Father - it was also observed that Charles looked depressed at the wedding.  Hardly a happy groom.

IMO, these two were doomed, and for the life of me I can't blame one nor the other.  They both made a complete and utter mess.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »

I don't think Philip should be blamed for it. His letter did not say marry Diana or else. The contents of it said, that Charles needed to drop Diana if he didn't want to marry her and not let things drift. Charles was not a baby and this was advice not being "forced." The decision came from Charles and Charles alone. He thought it time to marry and have heirs and felt he was not getting any younger, he probably also thought Diana would be as compliant as Andrew Parker Bowles and he could see Camila all he wanted and have his heirs and the suitable wife. His problem wwas that he had only a concept of marriage and I think married Diana only for expediency's sake.  Philip was scapegoated IMO. Charles and only Charless should be held accountable for marrying someone he knew he didn't love. Philip didn't court and get engaged and marry Diana. His eldest son did.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:55:26 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 12:54:23 am »

Like lots of men he wasted his twenties sleeping around so much that by the time he was ready to marry (if ever) he didn't have any suitable young women to meet the standards or end up wanting to marry him, given his baggage and unwillingness to end up adjusting his lifestyle, apparently expecting his wife to adjust her life and fit into his.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 09:38:27 am »

^ True ...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:01 am »

By the time Charles was ready for marriage he had been so used to indecent women that he didn't know how to treat a real lady. So go figure, he had to not only marry of the aristocracy or royal set, but there weren't left that were suitable or interested in him. He created a lot of baggage with all his messing around.

You know, that is the problem William and Harry had; they thought they could mess around in their twenties and enjoy life, but go figure, they didn't find (like their father) any decent women willing to suddenly adjust to their life and timeline and end up marrying them and putting up with so much baggage (past lovers causing trouble via the press).

So sleeping around was his absolute biggest mistake and he wrecked his chances at starting out in married life problem free.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:04 pm »

^
Agree.

IMO the biggest mistake Chuck made in his life is Camzilla.
He was sexually insecure and unexperienced as a young man and  stained mattress Camzilla "helped" him with that.
My personal opinion is that she hooked in after that and NEVER let go.
Subtly manipulating him, always in his circle somehow.
I think she was scared out of her mind when Chuck became interested in this
http://princessdianabookboutique.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/y-oung-diana.png?w=500&h=796
and manipulated him even further, not giving him time to breathe, micromanaging him towards a situation that she could control.
I keep thinking they would have been a great pair together if Camzilla wouldn't have been in the background.
Despite both their characters and issues.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04:58 pm »

^Without Camilla around I dont think he would ever have showed interest in Diana or any other suitable girl he courted before Diana. There's stories that Diana was one of names in a list made for Camilla &/or Kanga, for Charles picked as broodmare. Charles & Diana dont met/started out of a chance. Friends of Philip had invited her for a barbecue and wanted her made company for POW who was sad and down. Then he, immediately, started to chased her (Diana herself said feels "puzzled" by his actions)... IMO Diana was much more a choice of Camilla than (some day ever was) of Charles - what made me have really no time for them (C&C), or see them as "victims of circumstance". Charles, particularly, I do think more disgusting than Camilla.

I dont think Charles is some sort of saint-little-boy, there's rumours that said when he comeback to married Camilla he wanted her cut intimacy off with her husband.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:10:52 pm by dianab » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »

By the time Charles was ready for marriage he had been so used to indecent women that he didn't know how to treat a real lady. So go figure, he had to not only marry of the aristocracy or royal set, but there weren't left that were suitable or interested in him. He created a lot of baggage with all his messing around.

You know, that is the problem William and Harry had; they thought they could mess around in their twenties and enjoy life, but go figure, they didn't find (like their father) any decent women willing to suddenly adjust to their life and timeline and end up marrying them and putting up with so much baggage (past lovers causing trouble via the press).

So sleeping around was his absolute biggest mistake and he wrecked his chances at starting out in married life problem free.
IMO the biggest mistake of Charles is have married & have children  - he made the 2 things for total WRONG reasons (he's a man who was happy in be bachelor), he made such things for fact of be a WEAK man who had not courage stand up for what he wanted, have a bachelor lifestyle.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »

I don't think Philip should be blamed for it. His letter did not say marry Diana or else. The contents of it said, that Charles needed to drop Diana if he didn't want to marry her and not let things drift. Charles was not a baby and this was advice not being "forced." The decision came from Charles and Charles alone. He thought it time to marry and have heirs and felt he was not getting any younger, he probably also thought Diana would be as compliant as Andrew Parker Bowles and he could see Camila all he wanted and have his heirs and the suitable wife. His problem wwas that he had only a concept of marriage and I think married Diana only for expediency's sake.  Philip was scapegoated IMO. Charles and only Charless should be held accountable for marrying someone he knew he didn't love. Philip didn't court and get engaged and marry Diana. His eldest son did.

True Sandy, although Philip could have applied a lot of pressure, and the book you recommended said Charles felt pressured to marry.  In honesty, I think they did come to love each other, but each other was not enough for either party - both needed more.  I think Charles actually needed space and Diana needed attention beyond what any single man could give her [not a crime considering facts].   

I don't think Charles was a Saint any more than I think Diana was a Saint - nor any of us.   But I also cannot, in all honesty and ethical reasoning blame the break solely on one person alone.   The absolute hatred I read [and that is how it reads from some] is bordering on abusive about something not one of us could swear on a bible was factual.

In their own way I admire strengths in both of them.  I wish they had worked it out.  It's sad they didn't.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 01:28:57 am »

I think there are married couples where both sometimes feel they need perhaps more attention at times and they are supposedly in a relationship where they are each other's best friend and partner and lover. I think Charles' self centeredness really hindered his relating to his wife. Diana rightly expected a loving husband when she married Charles. I think Charles saw the marriage as a concept and not the realities. Charles if anything IMO was a lot more needy than Diana. His Dimbleby book was a woe is me book and how he was wronged by his family as he grew up.
I put more blame on Charles for his knowingly  marrying Diana when he knew he preferred someone else (or so he told his  biographer Dimbleby). I think he wanted to get heirs from Diana and he was so self centered he didn't feel that he could be hurting Diana by bringing her into a marriage under those conditions. Perhaps he thought she would feel so ho honored to be the chosen bride that she would not care that he had another woman in his life.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 01:54:27 am »

The biggest and most stupid experience was to not for once, see Camilla as she really was; a lot of people did and Diana definately saw her as a threat. Charles failed (deliberately) to see nothing wrong with a former flame calling him on his honeymoon of all times and places.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 01:55:11 am »

I would tell is factual that Charles married Diana for sake of have a heir & a spare and then have facade marriage (beyond that he hadnt any interest in her or others girls he courted). According to himself, he courted & then married Diana, loving another woman, others persons around them back then confirmed (ie.a secretary of Mountbatten, Runcie said was Diana & Charles was clearly a arranged couple, Stephen Barry said Charles & Camilla sleep together at eve of wedding). Camilla was always around during the courtship, then during the engagement the things started to stay clear to Diana and she wanted call off, and is definitely "factual" that Charles bought Highgrove, when courting his future wife, where he was extremely close to Camilla. Now if some dont want and dont like all of info is out there because Charles looks very bad    Lips Sealed

People are entitled to form their opinions and 2 adults who act as Charles & Camilla acted, hardly earn respect & sympathy of (most of) others. They arent only people in their 30s who take advantage of 19-years-old girl. They, along others persons who act in this way, received reactions of others, ie. disrespect, be called out & ever remembered for their shameful behavior etc

People are entitled be ok with them? Yes... but others are entitled be NOT ok with them? YES (too). This is forum people are entitled to express their opinion(s), likes & dislikes for whoever the person (Charles-Camilla-Diana/William-kate-Harry etc) bored3

@ Kuei Fei
Charles was who called Camilla during the honeymoon as in Britannia as in Balmoral, words of own Diana.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:00:15 am by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 02:59:01 am »

He never let go of being a victim in life; he never let himself be a happy man and grateful for the almost effortless life he led.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 03:35:12 am »

IMO he's a delusional creature, maybe the Queen-mother & Mountbatten are big guilty in whole thing  dontknow after all they, who raised him and instilled/taught values to Charles Shocked
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 03:37:11 am »

Wiliam apparently thought the Nazi costume was "OK" for Harry to use. He was with Harry when he picked it out. Perhaps bad schooling on both their parts which would show wild ignorance.

But Harry DID apologize and I don't think he was a neo-Nazi or trying to be one, just a stupid thoughtless thing to do and very irresponsible. But he DID apologize publicly.

I don't think Will was squeaky clean, I think he drank a lot too and was seen staggering out of clubs. He also took some flak for looking drunk a few blocks from a party honoring the publication about a book honoring Diana's charities (from the press but it quicxkly died down and he never had to apologize).  I think Harry would have been  nailed to the wall and would be forced to apologize.

I think there is a double standard for the two.

I agree that Charles shamelessly left Harry to his own devices.

Charles also wanted William to play happy families with Tom Parker Bowles which backfired after it was found out that Tom used drugs.

I don't know why their private school of Eton wouldn't had taught them about the horrors of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust??? I mean I started to learn about that stuff in the 6th grade and it really touched a nerve for me.

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »

Failing to perceive reality.

Listening to his grandmother and the people around him that said what he wanted to hear bc they had their own agenda.

Pretending to be an intellectual when clearly he is not. 

Living according to his own warped code instead of modeling decency, honor, and integrity to his sons.

Blaming others instead of accepting responsiblity and improving himself.

Inability to recognize his own weakness and mistakes. 

Pursuing his own self-promotion at the expense of everyone else.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

Wiliam apparently thought the Nazi costume was "OK" for Harry to use. He was with Harry when he picked it out. Perhaps bad schooling on both their parts which would show wild ignorance.

But Harry DID apologize and I don't think he was a neo-Nazi or trying to be one, just a stupid thoughtless thing to do and very irresponsible. But he DID apologize publicly.

I don't think Will was squeaky clean, I think he drank a lot too and was seen staggering out of clubs. He also took some flak for looking drunk a few blocks from a party honoring the publication about a book honoring Diana's charities (from the press but it quicxkly died down and he never had to apologize).  I think Harry would have been  nailed to the wall and would be forced to apologize.

I think there is a double standard for the two.

I agree that Charles shamelessly left Harry to his own devices.

Charles also wanted William to play happy families with Tom Parker Bowles which backfired after it was found out that Tom used drugs.

I don't know why their private school of Eton wouldn't had taught them about the horrors of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust??? I mean I started to learn about that stuff in the 6th grade and it really touched a nerve for me.
Well it must have passed over their heads if the two went to the costume shop and Harry thought it was a good idea to use the Nazi costume with William's apparently condoning it.

William also seems to have missed out on good public speaking lessons. He still is hard to understand at times and swallows his words and mumbles at times.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

^ and other earlier posts about the Nazi Costume

That is the thing that irks me the most.  Unless you are in Iran or N. Korea or a few other places, how is it possible that someone of his age, living in a country just across the channel from the country responsible for those horrors, NOT know it would be offensive.  In my mind, Chuck has not instilled a certain "decency chip" true Harry is held accountable publicly more often, but then I think, what is there that we don't know?  What is the line where even the Windsor's say No More and I am not talking about the public stuff.  This is where I get the heebie jeebies over Chuck and Cam.   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  Thanks for the extra info on this though, a lot of things I was not aware of or forgot about.   flower
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 07:01:11 pm »

One of the Peasants & royalfanPKLS goodpost

this Nazi ep. Harry have only himself to blame ... according to what I read as William as Harry made as they're pleased, if William said was ok or not, I hardly thinks that matters for Harry in moment he choiced this costume. Isnt as Harry was little-inexperienced-boy, he even already had finished his education at Eton.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: