Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 07:49:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes Charles made in his life  (Read 8440 times)
sandy
Princess

« on: August 15, 2013, 04:30:20 pm »

I'll start the ball rolling:

1. Camilla--if he wanted her back then he should have let her know his intentions. Once she got married, it should have been bye bye forever and not feel any sense of entitlement.

2. His blaming others and not taking reponsibillity for his bad choices.

3 - The Dimbleby book and interview. Disaster

4- His rush to promote Camilla to the detriment of his sons (he should have put them first for more than one year after their mother died)

5 - Diana--if he knew he didn't love her and preferrred someone else he should have dropped her

6 - If he could not be faithful to anybody, don't marry, he was not required to have heirs.

7 - His overindulgence of William

8- - His jealousy of and mistreatment of Diana

9 - His trashy treatment of Kanga Tryon when he was "through" with her.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »

10.  Writing letters to persuade ministers and other government officials to "do things that would benefit him".

11.  Being so lenient on Harry, the drugs and the Nazi uniform in my opinion.  The lenience he was given then I do believe plays a part in his binge drinking and other out of control behaviors. 

12.  Using Camilla's sister as a decorator, a kind of quid pro quo thing.

13.  Sleeping with another soldiers wife.

14.  Fox hunting, just cruel.....
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:50:46 pm »

His extreme extravagance in every area - the volume of staff, the Highgrove garden, his special loo seat!, the huge sums spent on fresh daily flowers, Camilla and Kate's designer dresses and hairdressing bills.

Accepting large gifts from rich people eg the two billionaire businessmen who are paying for his 65th birthday celebration. It leaves him open to blackmail and ridicule.

His loyalty to with types eg Jimmy Saville, Louis Mountbatten and Fawcett the Fence. He displays an appalling lack of judgement. It also makes me wonder about his own morals and lifestyle.

His hypocrisy in telling everyone to be environmentally aware whilst he jets about the place without a care for his carbon footprint. He displays a complete lack of self-awareness.

His wanting to streamline the royal family to include himself, Cams, his two sons and their wives and offspring whilst sidelining Anne, Andrew, his daughters and Ed and Sophie. He should be more thankful for members of his family who work hard for the BRF. This shows his extreme arrogance and sense of entitlement.

His attempts at being witty - a bit like PW - he just isn't and shouldn't try. eg the "whatever love is.." comment when on his engagement to Diana. "they've been practising long enough" for Waity and PW's engagement.

These in addition to the other valid points made by the posters above.

I could probably think of a good few more but will probably be timed out soon.

mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 01:39:34 am »

Being born to Elizabeth and Evelyn
sandy
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »

10.  Writing letters to persuade ministers and other government officials to "do things that would benefit him".

11.  Being so lenient on Harry, the drugs and the Nazi uniform in my opinion.  The lenience he was given then I do believe plays a part in his binge drinking and other out of control behaviors. 

12.  Using Camilla's sister as a decorator, a kind of quid pro quo thing.

13.  Sleeping with another soldiers wife.

14.  Fox hunting, just cruel.....

I think he was more lenient with William. Harry had to apologize publicly and practically wear sackcloth and ashes. William pulled some stunts like the helicopter commandeering to the stag party and speeding along in a car on someone else's property. Daddy apologized for the latter and his commander too the heat for the former. He let Harry take the heat and William got cocooned and protected.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:36:42 pm »

For what I remember Harry had apologize for Nazi thing, what definitely was THE CORRECT, if he had seen it as only a joke, would have been much worse for him. I dont believe he meant to but with it he OFFENDED many people. None of flak he received was unfair. This things William getting trouble made he looks as spoiled boy, but the things of Harry getting trouble have connotations much more serious, and shows things in his upbringing DEFINITELY were not good. For me, havent comparison this things of William's troubles with what Harry had trouble.

About William, he's pretty much used for Charles as PR since Diana died, for fact he looks like her. If he wants William help him with facade, Charles must know he have let William as he pleases (& have his back), if not he would have trouble in PR.

I do think horrible as Charles is a irresponsible & insensitive father, he have explored the drug issue of Harry for get good PR is disgusting and then is he put in Highgrove a place for they party & got drunken & WHERE Harry started with his drugs experience - particularly too soon after their mother died. I do think both are too much into alchool - the worse of all they started it with the support of Charles. I do think Harry have worse issues with this than William.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:39:42 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 08:21:04 pm »

Wiliam apparently thought the Nazi costume was "OK" for Harry to use. He was with Harry when he picked it out. Perhaps bad schooling on both their parts which would show wild ignorance.

But Harry DID apologize and I don't think he was a neo-Nazi or trying to be one, just a stupid thoughtless thing to do and very irresponsible. But he DID apologize publicly.

I don't think Will was squeaky clean, I think he drank a lot too and was seen staggering out of clubs. He also took some flak for looking drunk a few blocks from a party honoring the publication about a book honoring Diana's charities (from the press but it quicxkly died down and he never had to apologize).  I think Harry would have been  nailed to the wall and would be forced to apologize.

I think there is a double standard for the two.

I agree that Charles shamelessly left Harry to his own devices.

Charles also wanted William to play happy families with Tom Parker Bowles which backfired after it was found out that Tom used drugs.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

^As you as may dont like who's behind the actions of Harry is only himself (the same to William, Kate, Charles etc). William picked a ridicule outfit to that party, well different from that Harry picked, let's say if Harry had followed the idea that William wanted for himself, he definitely would NOT became international headlines ... according to I read about William, he dont seems me the type of person who tells what others may made with themselves or behavior they may have. I could be wrong but he seems me: leave me alone and I would let you alone (I dont bother you then you dont bother me).

My point was Harry definitely should made apologize, shows publicly he was aware as that was a mistake of judgment and he had what he deserved, critics to him were fair, that critics were NOT for sake of bash Harry for sake of bash. If was some other member of family would have received the same fair treatment...  Imo Harry should have learned with that episode, not see that as media picking on him. If was some of the Obama's daughters or child of another president or head of state, or someone else in this position, there will be the same critics. Then I disagree with you, (Harry had to apologize publicly and practically wear sackcloth and ashes).

IMO the troubles that William & Harry were picked are different and showed different things about them. As I said I think 2 of them are too much into alchool, imo Harry have worse problem with it as others in his position in previous generations of family...

The issues of Harry seems me be the same ones the spares in this family have (look at Margaret, Andrew, Edward ...). What says me something very wrong as Windsors handle their upbringing.

I think Harry would have been  nailed to the wall and would be forced to apologize.
Disagree, he hadnt apologize when cames out that images of him snorting vodka... IIRC he was in zone war... he was photographed drunken many times & never had apologize... For what I remember Harry only had apologize for thing he hadnt any other choice. I do think even more ridicule as Charles always cames out of it as a great father who loves very much his sons. This man more damaged his sons than anything else giving them a irresponsible upbringing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:08:24 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »

Charles kept them isolated from other royal princes and princesses in Europe which was unfortunate And he should have had them doing royal duties and instil some sense of responsibility in them.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33:47 pm »

Making the boys learn a few languages like other royals
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 11:34:34 pm »

Charles kept them isolated from other royal princes and princesses in Europe which was unfortunate

^I totally agree; Charles should have been making sure that his sons were out in Europe meeting as many princesses and aristocrats as possible, not sitting back waiting for families to send them to Britain like stud horses to be inspected like animals by the RF for approval or disapproval. Queen Victoria had the same mistaken personality trait.

You know, I believe that if Charles had dropped friends who bashed Diana to the press and flogged Camilla for leaking details and messing with Diana, Diana might have gotten help. The woman who wrote "Diana: In Search of Herself" said that Diana should have gotten inpatient treatment without the glare of the media, but because of the accusations of her being a nutcase, to go to a hospital would have only ended up publicly confirming the accusations even if she had come out significantly helped/cured and back on track.

If like Edward VII (married to Alexandra) Charles had forbidden his set to end up mouthing off about his wife (in public or private) then there might not have been a war or escalation of the conflict. Things would have settled and knowing that Diana was sick at times, he could have ended up having a better life. Diana might have been getting regular good treatment and the public/press would have finally backed off for good reasons. If the public had known that she was suffering from mental illness, then surely the press would have had a lot more decency and would have given her the needed space, maybe even not letting her trick them into snapping photos of her when she called them to.

Charles should have gone public in some sort of decent way and said his wife is sick mentally and needs space. Then the press would have gone nuts on Camilla for messing with the husband of a woman who is mentally fragile and needs the love of her husband. Charles would look like a hero for being honest and he would have been able to cut Camilla off a lot more effectively when he had dropped her the first time around and would have been blasted for calling the man on his honeymoon.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 08:58:21 pm »

What I don't understand is why Charles is held up as an exemplar of mental health. Charles had and has lots of problems and hangups. If you read the Dimbleby book he clearly holds grudges and hangs on to them for years, he is entirely too self centered for his own good and doesn't like people criticizing him. I think HE needed help but he felt himself too perfect for it. Diana was not "mentally ill". She was under a lot of stress brought about by being married to Charles and having Camila about which brought out he eating disorder which she got under control. She was no Frances Farmer in and out of mental hospitals but got help for the eating disorder and spoke to someone. If BOTH the Waleses sought counseling I think it would have made a world of difference. Charles had and has many hangups which should have been addressed early on. It is difficult for any woman to have a husband who absolutely will not listen to her concerns and in fact, treat her badly emotionally, hurting her self esteem. Diana's issues came from the put downs of her husband--if they BOTH went for counseling I think both would have benefitted. Maybe some unsycophantic psychologist would have told Charles to rid himself of the interfering mistress and help the two work on the marriage.

Charles friends IMO were moutpieces for him. He was not seen putting down his wife to the media but he apparently condoned his pals doing it and kept his mouth shut and didn't stop this.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »

@Kuei Fei
This book you're referring to was commissioned for Windsors, this same author then years later made the semi-official bio of Queen during this last Jubilee. Charles uses Diana as cover-up for his own issues, he & Camilla have not trouble with spotlight, the media attention, adulation, talks to reporters et al, what they wanted is the good image (& all that cames with it) of Diana. Then their spin is that Diana couldnt lives without it, when himself get jealous since the 1rst moment (Wales tour - where he said wasnt anything more than charger of flowers or words as it), he who had Camilla & Highgrove Set talking to tabloids since Jan/1982, and was himself who choiced made engagements separated because disliked be in supporting role etc

Charles who started the war in press, Diana only fought back 10 years after, when she had enough of Charles denied start a divorce.
http://www.amazon.com/Celebrity-Magazine-Princess-JIllian-January/dp/B004YED06O/ref=sr_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376947375&sr=1-14&keywords=princess+diana+1988

If anyone need gets treatment and being hospitalized is Charles, because this he also uses the "Diana is mad" spin, for cover-up his mental problems. Why you thinks adults around him are so frightened of his "tantruns"? Why you thinks he lost his temper with such ease?  PS. Dont forget he would NOT be the 1rst Windsor with mental problems...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:31:47 pm by dianab » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:32 pm »

PS.Dont forget Diana is the outsider that betrayed (read:OUTED) them and who before THIS dare have all attention centred only at her (she always sell out newspapers when Windsors created indifference) and The Firm wanted what was about her (the outsider) being about their heir. Of course, what matters to them is damaged her reputation and in this way hide the truth about their heir and themselves.

Charles & Diana as a couple had only 2 solutions:
-DIVORCE

OR

-NEVER have been PUT TOGETHER. They were an absolute MISTAKE together.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:46:20 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 11:05:22 pm »

I never said he was perfectly sane or without issues; I think that minus Camilla and his 'friends,' he would have ended up dealing more effectively with his own as well. Letting his friends mouth off about his wife (who was also "HRH The Princess of Wales") was one of the biggest he ever made.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 02:15:25 am »

IMO, Chuckie is such a chicken *poo* little worm. The way he any his Campon underhandedly handled Diana is just disgusting. What horrible people.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 11:38:41 am »

Charles & Camilla are the ones who had their friends talking crap about Diana. They were only doing his bidding because Charles was jealous of Diana's popularity and he thought he could make her look bad and the people would sympathize with him.

None of the royals understood her popularity and connection with the people until her death and then it was to late.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 12:29:41 pm »

Marry a woman he saw like 10 times because he was getting desperate to marry no wonder it ended like it did ... the girl he put a ring on showed her true colors after that and he didn't know what hit him ...
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 12:33:21 pm »

He took advantage of a naive and gullible teenager so he could get his heir and spare. When the girl learned all the lessons that C&C taught her she became better at them and made Charles whine like a little boy.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 01:17:48 pm »

She played them at their own game and they had no idea what hit them .No matter the PR spin ..Camz will always be the mistress. That's how she will go down in History..she will ascend the throne as an old woman.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: