Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 07:05:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How the Wedding Reflects on William and Kate  (Read 3427 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: August 07, 2013, 05:59:18 am »

I thought it would be interesting to talk about how the wedding reflected on William and Kate as people.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:50:40 am »

how the wedding reflected on William and Kate as people.

HMMMMMMMMMMM. Let me go and find someone else who had a 30 million $ wedding while having no real job and having 60 million people paying for their lifestyle. Then I think i can make up my mind and tell you how it reflects on them   sauer 

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Serena
gossip insider

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »

I an not sure that i understand the question but i will give it a try. This is of course my personal opinion anyone can see whatever they want in that wedding. To me the wedding showed them as unimaginative (the dress, the tree), cheap there were no grandeur (just like every decision made by william does not reflect the life of a futur king), cold i saw no emotions Kate was in zombie mode when saying her vows.

It reflected perfectly who they are and what their relationship is. It did not look like the kind of wedding  someone would have dreamt of for years. I think most girls not all imagine how it will be somehow it looked like Kate could not be bothered she scored the prize and just paid people to do the rest. Does not look like she spent hours thinking on decoration picking flowers making her dress.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:44:40 am »

Well on the day of the wedding a caller on the radio from Canada said both looked like immature children how Diana saved herself for her husband and her country can he say the same from PW and Middleton no.I thought that was a good quote.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:15:52 am »

I think the fact that William wanted to invite celebrities instead of the Heads of State, or at least important political leaders showed that he is only interested in the "celebrity" side of being a Royal. 

The fact that Kate's dress was almost an exact replica of Grace Kelley's dress showed that she sincerely lacks imagination, or her own style.

Their actions during the ceremony told me that they do not take tradition seriously, nor do they have respect for the church, of which William will be Head of, someday

Kate's dress, especially, was so disappointing to me.  It did not flatter her, at all. I think she thought she needed the big ballgown because of who she was marrying, in order to be seen as a "Princess"  She should have gone with something that looked like one of these

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=3MD737&page=0&pageSize=36&attrib31=277&attrib31=278&attrib31=282&keywordText=
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=3MS750&page=0&pageSize=36&attrib31=277&attrib31=278&attrib31=282&keywordText=

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:51 am »

The only thing I remember is how Kate looked liked death warmed over. What in the world was she thinking with that horrible makeup, horrible hairstyle and cheap looking wanna-be Grace Kelly dress?

You know that with the press going gaga over Pippa's bottom, the fairy tale wasn't selling.  shifty
india
Princess

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:02 am »

I could not get past the damn trees in Westminster.
india
Princess

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 02:25:15 am »

I am sure that was her idea. Tacky, tacky, tacky.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 02:27:52 am »

the only thing i remember from the wedding the press talking about pippa's butt and the york girls hats

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 02:28:24 am »

what I also found very tacky about Kate's wedding..was her sister being the only other one wearing white...no other guests allowed to do so...so fricken annoying

the whole wedding IMO sucked, was tacky and not thought out very well...Hell my Halloween Wedding had more character than Kate's did and I 'm a poor person
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 03:11:42 am »

I view Kate's determination to be girlish to be totally creepy; she kept being as giggly as she could, as all over Harry once she reached the altar barely paying attention to her husband (indicator of things to come) and she couldn't pull of any warmth or sincere interest in a ceremony changing her life and social status forever.

Meanwhile, William treated it all like a joke and kind of slapped the nation in the face with his sardonic smiles to the camera as he left Westminster. Basically it was the beginning of a marriage that is a walking anticlimax.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Venus De Milo
courtier

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 08:03:25 am »

To me the most disappointing part of the wedding, (there were many) was the lack of emotion and love between William and Catherine.
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 08:12:34 am »

I hated the smirk when it came to the "for richer and for poorer" part of the vows. In full view of the watching world, Waity smirked. Quite the ugliest and telling thing.

They both looked bored throughout the service and did not seem to be paying attention to the words at all.

Horrid to see a bride look so starved and smug.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 09:28:42 am »

Oh dear...where to begin! Because despite all the hype it was the most boring, unceremonial and cold royal wedding I have seen (and I have watched many of them, starting at the wedding of Infanta Elena).

So, here are my two cents:
* The choice of music was uninmaginative and very boring. It shows the two have no clue about classical music.
* William kept staring in front of him when Kate entered the church. Compare that to Crown Prince Frederik who was teared up when he saw Mary entering the church.
* The wedding gown was ghastly with those cones which were only put in there to mask the fact that Kate has no 'girls'.
* The trees were as nouveau riche as it gets. I am quite sure that Kate would have preferred a wedding at the lawn of Buckingham Palace under a gazebo with white doves flying away after the exchange of the vowels....tacky, tacky, tacky.
* The royal guests were placed alphabetically like it was the bl00dy Olympics. A gross violation of the diplomatic code that always orders the monarchs (and their heirs) based on the length of the tenure of the monarch.
*  The entire festivities were awful. The day before the wedding the royals from all over the world gathered in London but William and Kate couldn't be bothered to attend a dinner or something like a soirĂ©e.
* After the wedding there was a buffet...really?huh Invite a bunch of royals and give them a plastic plate (supplied by PP no doubt) and some food and shove them on a couch or on the floor. I am inclined to think the royals went ahead with this because they realised that neither Kate nor her family has proper table manners to place them at a table with royal and noble guests.
* It all oozed coldness and distance. Like a business deal was signed instead of a wedding.

Esentially the wedding was a portrayal of the couple..no warmth, no personality and no content.
Venus De Milo
courtier

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 10:47:07 am »

Fantastic post. Totally agree, you are just much better at stating the facts then I am. thumbsup
Compare that to Crown Prince Frederik who was teared up when he saw Mary entering the church.
I actually think that CP Frederik teared up because he was nervous, not because of Mary, he cried well before she entered the church.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 11:08:42 am »

Of course nerves played a role in it as well. But I have seen it on many occassions that the bride and/ or groom teared up before the actual moment in church. I was once an attendant to my cousin and they were taking pictures prior to the church ceremony (in The Netherlands the actual marriage is always at City Hall and has to take place before an optional church ceremony) and while these photos were taken, she teared up, being so happy and in love.

I know you don't like Mary or Fred, but I am still inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. No doubt Mary was intrigued by meeting a prince, we all would be, but I would like to think that they both decided to get married out of love, affection and respect for one another. Call me a hopeless romantic if you want. sigh
pinkorchid
royal watcher

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 01:59:00 am »

Sarah Ferguson and the Duke of York looked so incredibly happy on their wedding day...if you compare their balcony pictures to Will & Kate's balcony pics, you will see what I mean....but we all know how Sarah's marriage ended although I think that she and Andrew are still in love... bye
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 02:28:34 am »

I have nothing to add, except to say I absolutely agree with each and everyone of the posts.   thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup  to all.  Bill showed the world that the elite classes really have dumbed down, way down, like subterranean lowwwwwww dowwnnnnnn.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: