Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 09:50:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: zara was a brat  (Read 3453 times)
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« on: August 05, 2013, 01:45:41 am »

mark Phillips said that his daughter was a brat and didn't know how not to cross the line while his son peter was a very good boy an "angel"

I always read that anne spoiled zara,but in what way? did she let her get away with things,or give her a lot of gifts. I was shocked to know anne would spoil her child because anne never seemed interested in kids and when her first grandchild was born the press asked her if she would spoil savannah and princess anne said that savannah wasn't going to be spoiled by her.

I always hear that anne has her dad prince Phillips personality. does zara have princess anne's personality?

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:55:31 am »

Mark (Fog) Philips is a bit of a rat, so I won't listen to much he says.

P Anne is a no nonsense sort of person, Zara is more like her mother than her father, which will become more apparent as she ages.

Anne has encouraged her children in their respective sports, studies and careers.

I believe Fog did the same.

Anne devotes quality time with her grandchildren, but she won't stand for 'bratty" behaviour.

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:32:11 pm »

It doesn't seem like Anne would raise her kids to be brats,or stand for bad unruly behavior.
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:13 pm »

I would assume that Anne did not want her children to turn out like Charles.

She was the Queen's child that was raised with Charles and probably recognized early on that the Queen Mother was creating a monster by spoiling Charles.  

I think Phillip favored Anne to compensate for the favoritism Charles received.  I think he related to Anne's position and tried to even the playing field for her.  

I would assume that when Anne references spoiling she means not raising egotistical, self-centered, adults who whine and are unable to function in adulthood, i.e. Charles.  

I don't see Anne indulging children in a way that creates or allows bad behavior.  

As far as Zara, she's a lot like Anne so I can only assume that Anne doesn't find fault with her actions.  Zara can be difficult but I think Anne appreciates her drive and independence.  

She may have favored Zara over Peter, perhaps she was just tougher on him.  Parents will often tolerate certain behavior from their daughters and not their sons.  Anne doesn't whine but Charles is the poster child for it.  She probably was harder on Peter and had higher expectations bc she didn't want him to become the typical Windsor male.
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »

I was thinking that anne favored zara because she saw her the way she was as a child. the second born and a girl.anne said she felt that she was just a tail end Charlie and that the nannies and everyone main attention was on Charles.maye she thought zara would feel that way.
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:21:53 pm »

I think you're right royalwindsorfan.  I can definitely see Anne transferring the feelings she had about her childhood onto her children. 

I imagine being raised alongside Charles was painnful. 
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 11:48:50 pm »

I think you're right royalwindsorfan.  I can definitely see Anne transferring the feelings she had about her childhood onto her children. 

I imagine being raised alongside Charles was painnful. 
from the books I read anne  felt practrically neglected by the nannies and governesses who catered to Charles because he was the heir.plus the queen mom catered to Charles.the only one who doted on anne was prince phillip.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 01:16:25 am »

Okay here goes.... Anne has very little patience with her brother Charles, she was the fighter, whilst he was the timid one.

Philip admires his daughter's pluck, always has, and has also been impatient with his son for being timid and over sensitive.

Charles had the QM to run to and she spoiled him relentlessly, due to the fact she never had a son.

Anne is much more self contained, and has never run to anyone for anything.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 01:57:47 am »

I think Phillip favored Anne to compensate for the favoritism Charles received.  I think he related to Anne's position and tried to even the playing field for her.
Oh I dont see Philip as this (If I may put in this way) sentimental, I do think he have good relationship with Anne (& ?Andrew?) because their similar personalities. And he have not much time for sensible types as Charles & Edward. If Anne hadnt similar personality to Philip, I dont think he would give a damn if she wasnt given so much attention as Charles.

But about her children, according to I read she loves them (I never read of hers have any preference between them) and seems have been a good mother and both children have good relationships with their parents. What seems (by many reports) Anne taught Zara that rudeness is wonderful virtue... (I really dont know much about Peter) Maybe she taught it to Peter too tehe
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 02:00:53 am »

I doubt many see Charles or Edward as sensible.. sorry... they are the most likely of HM's children to flounce off if they are thwarted.

Anne is sensible IMO, but Andrew is just brash as hell.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 02:10:26 am »

I dont meant "sensible" in this way, but yes get people who are easily offended and dont handle well heard no. According to all what I read the Windsors likes throw at staff (be rude to them) as if they're blamed for their problems and unhappiness... Of course, Charles is the most famous in this sport (Lord knows the true problems of this man may have)... Diana hated this behavior of Windsors, and always tell to her boys NEVER yell in who could NOT anwser back. Johnnie Spencer had his faults, but he taught good things to Diana. Many of her qualities Diana inherited from his mother, Cynthia Spencer.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:16:49 am by dianab » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 02:12:20 am »

you mean sensitive not sensible I think...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
dianab
Countess

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 02:12:56 am »

Oh, yeah I got confused  sorry sob
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:34 am »

you mean sensitive not sensible I think...

thumbsup

flower

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:27:27 am »

Charles has his grandfather George VI's temper.. both take it out on the furniture.

George II took it out on his wig  easter-lol

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 10:15:45 am »

Oh I dont see Philip as this (If I may put in this way) sentimental, I do think he have good relationship with Anne (& ?Andrew?) because their similar personalities. And he have not much time for sensible types as Charles & Edward. If Anne hadnt similar personality to Philip, I dont think he would give a damn if she wasnt given so much attention as Charles.

But about her children, according to I read she loves them (I never read of hers have any preference between them) and seems have been a good mother and both children have good relationships with their parents. What seems (by many reports) Anne taught Zara that rudeness is wonderful virtue... (I really dont know much about Peter) Maybe she taught it to Peter too tehe

rudeness get anne negative press and makes people mad at the royals.i remember the incident when  anne snatched the flowers from the elderly lady.she didn't have to be mean to the elderly lady.being unkind for n reason isn't a virtue.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 06:40:08 pm »

I wager that Zara has learned from Anne that it's okay to throw tantrums, insult people, and dress inappropriately, while pushing her husband around. Look at how Anne is called down to earth for all her insults and rudeness-es; throw in that she's the grandchild of HM and she has no one pushing back.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 06:59:57 pm »

I wager that Zara has learned from Anne that it's okay to throw tantrums, insult people, and dress inappropriately, while pushing her husband around. Look at how Anne is called down to earth for all her insults and rudeness-es; throw in that she's the grandchild of HM and she has no one pushing back.
yeah but unlike anne zara doesnt have a royal title to help push people around.if you didbt follow the royals you wouldn't even know who she is.
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 07:02:40 pm »

Hopefully zara isn't mean to elderly and kids like anne has been.snatching flowers from elderly commoners and ignoring kids.
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 07:36:36 pm »

I was thinking that anne favored zara because she saw her the way she was as a child. the second born and a girl.anne said she felt that she was just a tail end Charlie and that the nannies and everyone main attention was on Charles.maye she thought zara would feel that way.

Around 3:10 she talks about being a daughter and further adrift from the family than the boys so to speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_Tg3MjF4s
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: