Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 02:04:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Congresswoman from AZ Gabrielle Giffords shot  (Read 2737 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: January 08, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/gabrielle-giffords-dead-dies_n_806220.html

Oh, dear God.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:10:07 am by mousiekins » Logged

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:15 pm »

http://gawker.com/5728501/arizona-congresswoman-shot-outside-grocery-store?skyline=true&s=i

Conflicting reports.  She may still be alive, but Reuters says otherwise.  They have the gunman and AZ has the death penalty.  That state has been so explosive.  I hope she makes it.  Sharp lady.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ella
Countess

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:51:25 pm »

I hope she makes it too, I *despise* senseless things like this, it's like, you didn't make your cause stronger, you hurt/murdered so many people, and for what? You accomplished, literally, the opposite of what you intended because now that person will be a martyr.

I think our political culture is too toxic right now, I understand people are angry, but this never solve anything.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:17 pm »

I hope so too. wine

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:17:56 pm »

I'll include her in my prayers too! senseless, tragic, inexcuseable act of violence!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »

Thanks for supportive words and understanding.   I haven't checked the news so don't know the status.  It is absolutely senseless, Ella, how true.  Her aide was shot as well and many others died.  At some point all you can do is pray.

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 11:59:59 pm »

OMG noway

Here is a video from the hospital trauma chief
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/politics/

bye RIP

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:06:25 am »

Just ghastly.  RIP bye indeed.  CNN was impossible to watch without crying as the bodies were being moved.  God#ammit!  What a shame.

This country is built on some of the most open communication with our reps as possible in this world.  Dear God, I hope this doesn't create more security and fear.  Democracy keeps taking hit after hit after hit.

Scarlet Flowers
courtier

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 10:24:01 pm »

est in peace.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 12:25:38 am »

I am hearing she is still alive and responding well to treatment and is also able to now communicate.  dontknow

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:10 am »

^^^ Yes MK those are the last news reports i read too! Initially, I think the media assumed she was dead (how many people actually live through getting shot in the head at point blank range?) as they reported her as deceased. However, she did come through surgery okay and she has been responding to commands the last I read!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 01:01:19 am »

Oh good.  She's a very lucky woman.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 05:24:26 am »

She seems to be hanging on, thank God.  But, so many others have died.  I truly believe now that the FBI is involved because a federal judge was involved, this man may get the chair.

I apologize for the title of this thread.  It was reported everywhere that the woman had died.  If it could be changed that would be helpful; if someone can tell me how.  Thank you.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 09:11:45 am »

It is fine Yooper. I understand that there was alot of confusion at first as I watched it live on the news here in the initial hours after the shooting.

I have also changed the title for you.

karla64
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 04:52:12 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345849/Arizona-shooting-Gabrielle-Giffords-husband-speaks-Jared-Loughner-appears-court.html

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 05:57:50 pm »

Why wan't this crazy in a loony bin? If this monster had been in a facility, he never would have gotten that gun to kill those people. Killing a Congress Critter can get you the chair.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:40 pm »

Mousie!!!   thankyou  I really appreciate that.  The last thing I want is to send out wrong information and also bad karma.   flower

Killing a federal judge WILL get you the chair, or so I'm told. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »

Yeah, even TRYING to kill an FBI agent can get you the death penalty.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 12:34:30 am »

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Giffords+holding/4092387/story.html

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 04:47:30 am »

We're tough, we Americans.  Not that anyone else isn't, but the USA  seems to bear this wrong appearance of wimpiness and acceptance of everthing.  And it's a valid point.  We give until it hurts beyond our control, but when it comes down to it, we know how to say.. NO.

Check out the Declaration of Independence if in doubt.  That doesn't mean the UK, it means ANYONE who attacks us.  We believe.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: