Royal Gossip
December 17, 2018, 07:46:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William and Kate guests at another wedding  (Read 18068 times)
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2011, 03:25:02 pm »

I know Y, Oh well we don't want her to end up like PD. She isn't 19, She is 29. She has dated wiliam for 8 years and known him for what 10.  I doubt that will happen. Her press coverage isn't nearly what Diana's was and also its a bit symptomatic of out times. As you know we are all winners, every student deserves a 4.0 wether or not try. Clearly we can't make an honest assesment for fear of hurting someones feelings. Listen, I love geting A's in my course of study. I love feeling that I am doing well, ect, but not everything can be positive, no one is perfect. That idea she can do no wrong or that she shouldnt be criticised will not do her any favors in the long run.

ps. How do I do spell check?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2011, 03:41:25 pm »

Spell check.  I remember a mentioin of that in forum help.  Hmm.  I'm looking around....no clue.  Moderator?huh

Good point, btw!  The higher they put her up there, the greater the fall, I guess.  At least I'm going in with my eyes open.  Maybe.  I DON'T KNOW! NOwhy

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:05 pm »

Yep, there was a derailing on the original article, which was about this particular outfit.  What's kind of scary is that within all these glowing reports is a kind of undeserved adoration that I simply don't understand.  If these are americans, I am disappointed in the lack of research on who/what this woman has or hasn't accomplished.  What her qualifications really are for the task ahead and merely, stubbornly looking at her as a kind of revolutionary, in their minds, and can do no wrong.  And galldarnit, I'm DONE with the comparisons to Diana. For me, there aren't any.  She's a public figure who will be watched and photographed and judged on her demeanor.  That's the truth of it.

The thing with Americans is, why do research if they don't live in the US and you're not responsible for their upkeep?  The US tabloids gather their information from UK tabloids, and we all know which way the UK tabloids still lean in terms of favoring KM.

Now that it's proven she doesn't sell covers, it would take a spectacular fall from grace (Americans love the dirty details: real housewife Camille, Edwards' love child, the train wreck known as Lindsay Lohan) to get Kate back on them.  And, obviously, she would not be in a very good position for that to happen.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »

Then, I am not, as of yet, very impressed with our american journalistic research.  To just cut/paste is high school.

So, you're saying, Lieblich, if I understand correctly, that KM is unlikely to show her true colors and we're stuck with this fawning for the duration?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:10 pm »

We're kind of stuck with the positive image in the US.  Even TMZ or the Enquirer (who tend to dig up the dirt before anyone else) don't have the contacts that people such as Whitaker have, simply because they're US-based and not UK-based.

Where is Whitaker, by the way?
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2011, 04:34:44 pm »

Then, I am not, as of yet, very impressed with our american journalistic research.  To just cut/paste is high school.

So, you're saying, Lieblich, if I understand correctly, that KM is unlikely to show her true colors and we're stuck with this fawning for the duration?
perhaps  easter-think ....after...  wed or 1  baby
 interview sell magazines  X-Mas_rolleyes

Ella
Countess

« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:46 pm »

I *despise* to say it, as an American, but most journalists now only copy paste if it's not AP, CNN, or Fox, or any network that can afford to send it's own crews.

All the online US coverage I've seen (mainly Yahoo) is just "Yay for them, isn't she pretty?". William was savvy to bring his mom into this, because anything the press could do or say, he can just say: 'You did that to my mom and look what happened".

The press doesn't want to be accused of muck-racking (like they did to Diana, buying sleezy photos, stories from staff/friends, etc.) so they'll ignore what negative information there is. They still want to create a fairytale story because of how big a seller Diana was, they're probably going to have another drive closer to the wedding and don't want negative coverage to damage that. Whittaker, even if he's correct, is perceived as too snobby and too royal, and since many Americans don't think well of the senior royals due to Diana, he's not gonna be asked for comment. Katie Nicholl is big source for the US, and we know she now adores Kate.

Until she messes up, we're stuck with her. Americans tend to be very forgiving of missteps (Fergie), so it has be something very scandalous.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:48 pm »

Ella - All too true.  And we are a forgiving bunch, but the differences are large between Fergie and KM.  The loathing that those who have checked KM out is her absolute lack of work ethic.  It will never be accepted.  Fergie falls under the "I screwed up and am now trying to face my problems" category which the US buys into and supports.

As for the media, well, there are some rumblings from the female journalists on television who snicker at her inabilities and being a bad role model.  IF she continues to be a china doll, she'll either disappear or fail because she just doesn't have it in her to really be a powerhouse in the leadership field. 

Right now, the average american on the street is in complete apathy.  All they know is that a wedding is coming and oooh boy a dress to look at for a day.  That's about it.  The meat and bones may come later.  I cannot envision this woman being anything remarkable.

Great insight on how PW used/and continues to use his mother as a shield.  I didn't see that because it's hard to fathom someone doing that.  But, you're absolutely right. 

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »

Vomiting somewhere with the prespective of WK being a royal...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2011, 07:41:51 pm »

Anyone were know what Dicky, i believe that this is his name... that royal correspondant that was former member of palace staff when morton's book about diana came out....

What he says about all this?

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »

Vomiting somewhere with the prespective of WK being a royal...

Hahaha Whitaker probably hates all the fawning over mediocre Kate.

It's true the US Press follows whatever comes from the Uk about Royals.

but....Kate isn't exactly a blockbuster for sales in the U.S. the way Diana was, even from the beginning, Diana $old. The US press has not given Kate covers since the engagement
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/royal_letdown_0jbRF9qwcruimKP4zJN0IP

A royal letdown
No blockbusters from William & Kate
  hall-whistle

Kate Middleton and Prince William ended up snagging four celebrity magazine covers this weekend -- People, Us Weekly, Star and OK! -- but with the exception of People, the engagement isn't translating into booming sales for the weeklies.

"There were great predictions on how huge it was going to be, but it didn't happen," said OK! Editor-In-Chief Richard Spencer.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/royal_letdown_0jbRF9qwcruimKP4zJN0IP#ixzz1AleIP9gt

After the wedding, (unless there is a $candal) Kate may not be getting many magazine covers in US.

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2011, 12:21:39 am »

Yup and that id exactly the way these two want it
No stories no press, just quit life in Wales at a cottage...
Or rather that's what William wants, not so sure about Kate though!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2011, 12:26:43 am »

I'm not impressed with it either and I love to write.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2011, 01:09:59 am »

Yup and that id exactly the way these two want it
No stories no press, just quit life in Wales at a cottage...
Or rather that's what William wants, not so sure about Kate though!

That's what William wants for sure, but I believe Kate has been pretending she likes the laid back hiding away, Country life. After she completes her misson of heir and the spare, imo,she's going to want to get out and enjoy the limelight, eventually and show off gowns, jewels,clothes and party. 'Jetset Kate'  may be coming in a few years or actually returning, but on a larger scale.   Kate-Horror-Queen kate-catwalk queeny

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2011, 04:33:10 am »

There is no doubt that KM is patient.  There is also no doubt the the BRF is MORE patient.  I await.

Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »

hide I hope you're right about this serene grace ( and everyone else) that things will go completely wrong.

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »

Yooper, - oh yes Kate is patient, - 8 years!!.  But the Palace in particular takes the long view.  They can wait, and wait.  She'll trip up eventually.
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2011, 02:30:19 pm »

The press on the other hand, are not patient!   I'm sure it won't be long until the gloves come off - particularly if she hides away in Wales.   I remember how they turned on Diana, but her saving grace was that the public adored her, so the press couldn't destroy her.  Kate, like Fergie before her, will have no such fan base - and if she carries on in the same free-loading vein the press will crucify her.    

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »

^Great post! thumbsup Yes Kate will be the new Fergie. tehe. i think that she might be worst than Fergie. wellduh i believe that Sarah was inocent at some point!!!  royalguard

welcome6 Hope you like be with us!!!! flower Kiss

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2011, 03:30:36 pm »

^Great post! thumbsup Yes Kate will be the new Fergie. tehe. i think that she might be worst than Fergie. wellduh i believe that Sarah was inocent at some point!!!  royalguard

welcome6 Hope you like be with us!!!! flower Kiss

ITA - At least Fergie had some warmth about her!   Thanks for the welcome, Choc Princess invited me to defect from the other forum!  Its so nice to be away from all the fawning & be able to speak my mind here!   

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: