Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:23:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Things About Prince Charles  (Read 6769 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: January 08, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »

I thought we would have a nice thread about the good things about Prince Charles. There are a lot.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:26:21 pm »

Gee, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I don't know enough about PC to speak intelligently about him.  However, he has always seemed to be devoted, aware and clear-headed about his role and takes it seriously.  Maybe one of the last in the breed.

He is also, I understand, heavily involved in the environment which is NOT trendy, but extremely responsible and intelligent.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »

Well thanks to his mariage with Diana... I believe that British royal family learn how to be more caring...Dispite everything diana brought magiv to royal family... and she and charles at 80s did lot of good things for Britain!!!

Charles is also worried about education!!! that's important... well i have to say that when he say that he is against moder building be near or in front to the olders ones i think that he is right!!! but in terns of Relligion well something in his head it's not well  bignono

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »

I love how he's built a charitable empire all out of nothing, all because he cared about the people that politicians use as props.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »

I do too, KF.  His charity work is very commendable.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:27:11 am »

He started caring about Global Warming and the environment before it was the 'trendy' thing to do.
He has helped teenagers in Britain get a start in life before the Government started their programmes. (They learnt from him) but they are not as successful as The Princes Trust.
He also helps small business through the Princes Trust.
He also helps farming/agricultural in Britain. He is their biggest champion which has been invaluable with the decline in Farming of recent years.
He also is a great supporter of Communities and has built some of his own
He is one of the most hardworking in the RF.
He has made the role of POW his own and has not been idle (like some other POW have been)

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 02:01:34 am »

but in terns of Relligion well something in his head it's not well  bignono

huh Can you explain what you mean?  thankyou
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 02:40:11 am »

Personally, I think this thread is very important.  PC has taken a lot of hits and done a dutiful job.  I know.  I know.  But, he's going to be King and I think a good one.

As for his 'religion', he has, I've read, been very experimental in the spiritual realm.  One of the topics that made Di's eyes glaze over if I remember correctly.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:53 am »

Occultism?  Lips Sealed

Agree with you Yopper. If people donĀ“t find good things about Charles, why should they support him?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:56:51 am »

Actually, Dahlia, I'll have to look back in my kindle for the reference on his spiritual journeys, but I don't recall occultism.  No.

What I do remember is that he was studying Carl Jung, but that's all my brain is providing at this point.  However, I find it rather admirable to reach for the stars a bit and expand your wonderment, which, to me, is a positive where he is concerned.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 03:05:59 am »

No occultism? Good  angel

He is smart and educated, but he is really irrational in his private life. Sadly this overshadows his skills as King, cause everyone remembers the story of Charles, Diana and Camilla.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 03:15:40 am »

Perhaps time and KM's annoyance will work in his favor and he can redeem his position.  I, and most Americans I know, have no issues with PC.  They have no feeling one way or another and wouldn't bat an eye when he becomes King, but it would be nice if he was given more credit, that is due. 

My parental instincts tell me he's had a bit of a problem with PW, too.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 03:26:31 am »

I know Charles has experimented and studied other religions to broaden his mind. I also know that when he becomes King he wants to not be defender of the faith but defender of the faiths.
Which considering that Britain is a multicultural country is a good thing however as he is supposed to be the head of the Church of England it would also be awkward to.

I remember articles from a few years ago bashing him for even considering it as it jeopardises his position as the Head of the Church.

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 03:29:13 am »

but in terns of Relligion well something in his head it's not well  bignono

huh Can you explain what you mean?  thankyou
charles well as the future King must defend the faith, in this case he has to defend the faith founded by Henry VIII separated the English church when the Vatican. in which the king is the top leader, as the pope is the Catholic church. but Charles has already said he wants to be the defender of all faiths in the world. he himself said to be a fan of the Muslim faith, of course, the moderate Muslim ... Religion is one of the major links that makes the monarchy in the UK to remain in active, because there would be a serious problem because who would be responsible for the church, and to coordinate the whole system! When Charles does just that these statements by the monarchy in a position to checkmate ... he could publicly question everything but can never touch in politics (can not have an opinion but it should have) and religion (he is the top leader of a church and as such not to be underestimated)

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 03:57:24 am »

Exellent information.  Thank you.  However, may I crawl a little out on the limb and gently suggest that if the monarchy wants to 'modernize', this would be a good place to start?  Meaning, accepting all religions, with the major one being his first of obedience.  Even the Pope has opened his arms to other forms of faith, albeit with reverence to the Catholic faith being omnipresent.

Just askin'.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:29 am »

He would get my support ( a Christian talking). I am sure a balance could be reached if people tried.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:13:18 am »

That's beautiful, mousie.  I think PC would get more than support, I think he may even close in on benevolent thankfulness if the religion issue was opened and accepted.  He may turn out to be more of a trailblazer than people think.

PW's idea of modernization is what...Snoop Dogg?  Letting in people to a wedding reception that have no security clearance and without the Queen's approval?  No.  That's not modernization.  It's rebellion, as all of you have stated, truthfully.  Real change happens with the fundamentals.  And religion is exactly that.  It provides a human touch that heals.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 04:15:24 am »

In my opinion Charles will modernize the Monarchy, William will destroy it and Harry (if given the chance) will save it.

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 09:51:33 am »

^i can't agree more!!!

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 03:08:22 pm »

thankyou Byechoc and mousiekins

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: