Royal Gossip
May 23, 2019, 02:40:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla's role on Charles' family  (Read 38584 times)
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 09:22:57 am »

Well she certainly will play the role of a "grandmother" she is the one waiting for the phone call this child is born , she is the one who will be there for this child's Christening , she will be there every Christmas and family occasions , she will be at the first day at school and so on and so forth ... this as unfair as it might look the reality of the situation ...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:25:32 am by Jane23 » Logged
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 12:44:51 pm »

^
This is a Middleton baby. There will only be one grandmother.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 01:56:39 pm »

One can only have two sets of Grandparents. On Kate's side there is Mike and Carole but on Williams side the child has Charles and Diana. Diana is still the Grandmother to this child even though she is no longer with us.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 04:14:25 pm »

^ No one said otherwise ... but there is Camilla too ...
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 05:22:56 pm »

And that Jane23 is the main issue, she is here and Diana is not
Chuckles is so hell bent on acceptance that he will push Camzilla and make her a saint out of it, a nurturer
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Why does everything has to be so black and white? I see no harm in Cam playing "grandma" to Will and Harry's children given that the real one is dead isn't that a good thing?  dontknow
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 08:01:23 pm »

Because Camilla destroyed the family of this child's Father so that she could get her rear end where it is now. She has more than she deserves already there is no point in giving her more. She has Grandchildren of her own and she should play Grandma to them. I see nothing wrong with the Child calling Charles Grandpa while at the same time referring to his wife as Camilla, that other woman, Rottweiller or Mrs. Parker Bowles all names that Camilla is familiar with.
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »

Jane23 - The 'real one' is dead because (as she predicted) she died in a car accident, which she believed would be set up to clear the way for PC to marry his mistress....

For Camzilla to coo over Diana's grandchild after all the misery she caused Diana in her short lifetime, is beyond reprehensible.   It was bad enough watching Cam work the crowds the night before PW's wedding - as if she was mother of the groom.  She got what she wanted, but no need rub the Spencers noses in it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:12:43 pm by Anne-Elliot » Logged

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 11:56:44 pm »

Because Camilla destroyed the family of this child's Father so that she could get her rear end where it is now. She has more than she deserves already there is no point in giving her more. She has Grandchildren of her own and she should play Grandma to them. I see nothing wrong with the Child calling Charles Grandpa while at the same time referring to his wife as Camilla, that other woman, Rottweiller or Mrs. Parker Bowles all names that Camilla is familiar with.
Or maybe his parents did ... Camilla didn't force anyone to do anything ...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 03:14:30 pm »

Camilla didn't say no to Charles and didn't exactly fight off becoming his mistress to put it mildly. She had her claws in Charles and it was in her interest for Charles marriage to Diana not to work out. She'd lose her sugar daddy, still be married to APB, her sister would not get the lucrative work, and her son would have difficulty hawking his books and Camilla would not be bowed and scraped to and have all the jewels and perks. Had she backed off I think Charles would have been forced to give up his mistress and work on his marriage. Camilla also had contempt for Diana.

"Well she certainly will play the role of a "grandmother" she is the one waiting for the phone call this child is born , she is the one who will be there for this child's Christening , she will be there every Christmas and family occasions , she will be at the first day at school and so on and so forth ... this as unfair as it might look the reality of the situation ..." Why would Camilla be at the first day of school? I think kate and William have that job locked up. Camilla has a living ex husband with whom she shares five grandchildren. I think they will be her first priority as she wants to advance her own flesh and blood family. CHARLES I think is the one waiting for the phone call not his wife. Her Royal Tackiness can't have everything.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:19:51 pm by sandy » Logged
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 04:14:55 pm »

...........with the Child calling Charles Grandpa while at the same time referring to his wife as Camilla, that other woman, Rottweiller or Mrs. Parker Bowles all names that Camilla is familiar with.

To teach a child to deliberately not only feel *despise* but to act it out is one of the most abusive things I could ever imagine. bignono

NONE of the three were puritans. 

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 04:31:02 pm »

It was a joke AnaBolena no one is going to teach the child to call Camilla anything but Camilla.

I am not going to pretend that I like Charles & Camilla as people because I don't. I even give Camilla more slack than I do Charles.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 04:31:41 pm »

No way would anybody tell the child to "*despise*" Camilla. But there are extremes to the other side too. Forgetting the real grandmother to promote Camilla as "grandmother" is very wrong IMO. The history of Camilla vs Diana is out t here and as the baby grows up he or she will learn about it all and make his or her own interpretations.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 04:35:40 pm »

Camilla didn't say no to Charles and didn't exactly fight off becoming his mistress to put it mildly. She had her claws in Charles and it was in her interest for Charles marriage to Diana not to work out. She'd lose her sugar daddy, still be married to APB, her sister would not get the lucrative work, and her son would have difficulty hawking his books and Camilla would not be bowed and scraped to and have all the jewels and perks. Had she backed off I think Charles would have been forced to give up his mistress and work on his marriage. Camilla also had contempt for Diana.

"Well she certainly will play the role of a "grandmother" she is the one waiting for the phone call this child is born , she is the one who will be there for this child's Christening , she will be there every Christmas and family occasions , she will be at the first day at school and so on and so forth ... this as unfair as it might look the reality of the situation ..." Why would Camilla be at the first day of school? I think kate and William have that job locked up. Camilla has a living ex husband with whom she shares five grandchildren. I think they will be her first priority as she wants to advance her own flesh and blood family. CHARLES I think is the one waiting for the phone call not his wife. Her Royal Tackiness can't have everything.
Yeah , yeah it was all evil Camilla's fault we know the story ...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 04:37:23 pm »

Camilla and Diana have a history with one another and not a good one--Camilla is not some old lady who reconnected with Charles--she interfered in Diana's marriage and not in a good way. Camilla had to back off from going to Diana's Memorial service due to negative public opinion. Her past is there Jane and it won't go away.  Camilla was not a robot and had a free will she is not guilt free because she willingly chose to get involved with Charles while she was married and later when both were married and not to each other.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:39:17 pm by sandy » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 05:27:28 pm »

Like them or not, I think there is going to be a backlash. There was one when Camilla acted as mother of the groom during the wedding, so let's see what happens when the video of the christening is released.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:24 pm »

Ladies, ladies - I am not saying Camilla is a white rose; that's outrageous.  tehe   I guess what I try to say now and then is that when does this all end?  When is there a time to say - enough?  When has Camilla, Charles, and Diana paid enough to appease all??  They each made choices as we all do.  All of us can change.

There is one thing I admired about Diana when I see her pictures - she could never hide her emotions.

She was a happy bride walking down that aisle, so happy she floated - au contraire to the "lamb to slaughter"; she knew about Camilla and no one dragged her down the aisle screaming.  She wanted to be PoW as much as Wasty wanted her position.  I have read over and over how she was the one who made passes at PC, although the major instigator in the marriage was the Queen Mother - not PC.

I can't help but see the body language between Camilla and Charles - it's clearly love, and "in love" at that, whether we like it or not.

Had they both murdered Diana they would have been out of prison by now.  Therefore, I fail to understand the constant never letting go of the past.  Never forgiving.  Never saying "we are all human". 

What Camilla and Charles did was very very wrong.  It goes on on society left right and center and hence does not make Diana unique by any stretch of the imagination.   

Now ------- if only Diana was scared enough of dying in a car accident that she had put a seat belt on things would be oh so different for her boys, for her, and for her grandchild.

Camilla has, as far as body language goes, been a good Mother to her children, and her grandchildren are clearly at ease with her.  If a child finds her a comfort, who are we in the absence of Diana to take that away from a child?

Children have a beautiful innocence - I hope this child can be left some, although with W and K I doubt it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »

Diana could not have possibly known all about Camilla or what she would do. Had she had the gift of ESP she probably would have said no to Charles and the whole mess. She thought Charles loved her and would be faithful to his wedding vows. She thought "well that's over" (according to her Morton tapes) when she saw Camilla. Of course she loved and believed in Charles then. The problem was she didn't know Charles would not totally sever ties with Camilla and Camilla would be a threat to the marriage. Charles was the major instigator not the Queen Mother. He was not a baby but 32 and old enough to make his own choices and decisions. But he blamed everyone else for his problems via the Dimbleby biography. I think he wanted a wife and family but on his terms, terms  he never discussed honestly and completely with Diana. I don't know if it's "love" with Charles and Camilla. He is obligated to her since he named her in 1994 and I think Charles is his great love and she is her own great love. I see them both as self centered and she very manipulative. Because many people cheat it doesn't make it right. I don't think it is clearly love--she does spend time away at Raymill and even if they are not as close anymore, they are not going to get a divorce since Charles would hurt his reputation further and he created the Great Love spin.

I think Camilla loves the $$$ and perks which is why she became a mistress to the Prince of Wales. Had he been Charles Jones I doubt she'd have given him the right time. Charles saw many other ladies besides Camilla and Diana and cheated on his "great love' Camilla. Camilla did not wait for Charles when they were both single and married APB. He did not tell Camilla to wait for him and considered her mistress  material. I think he would still be with Camilla as his mistress (that is if he got tired of her--if Diana didn't care there would be no thrill of his sneaking around on his wife) had Diana not cared one way or the other. That is not "love" in my book.

It is not known if a seat belt would have saved Diana. I think the very slow ride to the hospital did her in. It was a horrendous crash from which a seat belt may not have made a difference. Nobody knows and it's all speculation. I don't think Diana should be blamed for instigating  her own death. It was a very unfortunate and tragic accident and she died due to various factors and circumstances..The speeding car, the paparazzi, the drunk driver who apparently showed no signs of intoxication so the bodyguard gave the go ahead for the passengers to get in, and the long long trip to the hospital.

Under the circumstances, I think Camilla can be getting along with the child but should never ever claim that she is "grandmother" because the real one is dead. That is just sordid and tacky. I think William and Kate will make sure that the child knows how special the deceased grandmother is.

I think Camilla can go just so far. She could  not go to the Diana Memorial because she was heavily criticized and had to back out almost at the last minute. Also her playing mother of the groom at the William-Kate wedding did not exactly endear her to people. If she starts calling herself grandmother to Diana's baby I think there will be a backlash. Charles is not stupid and I think he realizes she will have to be reined in to not undo the spin about them.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:58:02 pm by sandy » Logged
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »

I do agree, Sandy!!
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 10:30:38 pm »

Diana could not have possibly known all about Camilla or what she would do. Had she had the gift of ESP she probably would have said no to Charles and the whole mess. She thought Charles loved her and would be faithful to his wedding vows. She thought "well that's over" (according to her Morton tapes) when she saw Camilla. Of course she loved and believed in Charles then. The problem was she didn't know Charles would not totally sever ties with Camilla and Camilla would be a threat to the marriage. Charles was the major instigator not the Queen Mother. He was not a baby but 32 and old enough to make his own choices and decisions. But he blamed everyone else for his problems via the Dimbleby biography. I think he wanted a wife and family but on his terms, terms  he never discussed honestly and completely with Diana. I don't know if it's "love" with Charles and Camilla. He is obligated to her since he named her in 1994 and I think Charles is his great love and she is her own great love. I see them both as self centered and she very manipulative. Because many people cheat it doesn't make it right. I don't think it is clearly love--she does spend time away at Raymill and even if they are not as close anymore, they are not going to get a divorce since Charles would hurt his reputation further and he created the Great Love spin.

I think Camilla loves the $$$ and perks which is why she became a mistress to the Prince of Wales. Had he been Charles Jones I doubt she'd have given him the right time. Charles saw many other ladies besides Camilla and Diana and cheated on his "great love' Camilla. Camilla did not wait for Charles when they were both single and married APB. He did not tell Camilla to wait for him and considered her mistress  material. I think he would still be with Camilla as his mistress (that is if he got tired of her--if Diana didn't care there would be no thrill of his sneaking around on his wife) had Diana not cared one way or the other. That is not "love" in my book.

It is not known if a seat belt would have saved Diana. I think the very slow ride to the hospital did her in. It was a horrendous crash from which a seat belt may not have made a difference. Nobody knows and it's all speculation. I don't think Diana should be blamed for instigating  her own death. It was a very unfortunate and tragic accident and she died due to various factors and circumstances..The speeding car, the paparazzi, the drunk driver who apparently showed no signs of intoxication so the bodyguard gave the go ahead for the passengers to get in, and the long long trip to the hospital.

Under the circumstances, I think Camilla can be getting along with the child but should never ever claim that she is "grandmother" because the real one is dead. That is just sordid and tacky. I think William and Kate will make sure that the child knows how special the deceased grandmother is.

I think Camilla can go just so far. She could  not go to the Diana Memorial because she was heavily criticized and had to back out almost at the last minute. Also her playing mother of the groom at the William-Kate wedding did not exactly endear her to people. If she starts calling herself grandmother to Diana's baby I think there will be a backlash. Charles is not stupid and I think he realizes she will have to be reined in to not undo the spin about them.

thumbsup  Another excellent post Sandy!

AB - I think people find it difficult to 'let go' of Diana, not just because she was much loved & much missed, but because they see her being airbrushed out of history by C&C.  The arrogant indifference of these creatures to public feeling since her death beggars belief.  Whether it is  PC referring to the two of them as Harry's 'parents', hijacking Diana's memorial, to Camzilla parading herself as mother of the groom, & next up, grandmother to PW's child.   Their insensitivity is sickening to me.

PC never did get what was wrong with putting Camzilla first, and he still doesn't, which is why I will never accept these two.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: