Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 09:52:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles' Finances  (Read 5692 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Yes, what a hoot, 87, with great grandchildren, and given title of royal mother of the year, how pathetic is that.  easter-lol
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:29 pm »

Charles has always been like this. He was all chummy with Robert Maxwell, who Diana really disliked. Look what he turned out to be!

He has poor judgement in who he keeps as friends.

Always has, always will. He's not half as intelligent as he thinks he is or he likes people to think.
Sparky
courtier

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 09:46:45 am »

I can imagine the wheels that turn in Charles' head when he contemplates on making a new connection friend:-

The Prince of Wale's Check List

Wealthy
Suck-up/loyal
Doormat
Royal
Aristocrat
Descended from royals/aristocrats
Upperclass
Useful connection/s
Owns mansion
Owns servants
Owns holiday home
Will he/she let me use mansion and holiday home
Will give me free money donations
Will give me expensive freebies gifts
Will he/she throw me a expensive party
Will invite me to their parties and holidays
Potential mistress material/will let me screw their wife
Attractive
Do they have power and/or influence
Thinks I am a genus for talking to plants
Will never blackmail me
Will let me blackmail them
Will do my bidding
Will slander my siblings and especially Diana to make me look popular
Will slander my children and their partners to make me look popular
Went to Eton or close enough equivalent
Thinks I deserve to be king
etc....

Depending on the total score, one may get the grand privilege of being the future King's Yes Man friend   thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:49:10 am by Sparky » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 03:57:12 pm »

Old chaz wants to be careful, he seems to have a lot of people gunning for him, and he tries to keep so much hidden  -  this party, his finances, Savile-gate and God alone knows what else is waiting to crawl out of the wood work, I would be a worried man in his shoes, especially with Savile-gate and the *nasty* connection, it doesn't seem to be going away.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 06:15:51 pm »

Charles's £20m gamble: He bought a crumbling pile, but couldn't afford to pay for it and the financial risk almost engulfed his charities... but has the Prince of Wales's huge punt at last paid off?
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2673422/Charless-20m-gamble-He-bought-crumbling-pile-afford-pay-financial-risk-engulfed-charities-Prince-Waless-huge-punt-paid-off.html#ixzz3636yOezK
Prince Charles borrowed £20million to pay for Dumfries House in Ayrshire
The purchase was questioned at the time amid fears over restoration costs
His purpose was to save the crumbling country house for the nation
Seven years after purchase the Prince of Wales believes gamble has paid off
The project has created local jobs and resulted in a 'palace for the people'
It was understandable that this man who championed classical architecture could not bear to see Dumfries’s furniture and pictures sold and split up.

As the bills added up, he went to find help.

As Britain’s biggest charity fundraiser (he raises £100 million a year) the Prince used his position as the best-connected man on Earth to tap up some of the richest people he could find.
He had already added a consortium of grants and donations to his own loan to buy Dumfries for the nation.
But how to raise more? And how would he make potential backers cough up for his country pile?
First, he had to make sure they did not think it was his house. It was owned by a trust and he insisted that it was the public who would have use of it.
His idea was to set about turning Dumfries into ‘a palace for the people’ by making it the most upmarket job scheme in Britain.
He called it ‘heritage-led regeneration’, emphasising that this house was not for his personal use, it was an instrument of social change and conservation: the mansion and its land must feel owned by the local community.
In just four years he raked in a further £19 million – and not a penny of it from the public purse. In fact, most of the donations came from abroad.
Charles saw it as an exciting new social experiment, an extension of his philosophy at the Prince’s Trust which is about getting people with no aspirations to work and into jobs.
He wanted to show that conservation could also be used to generate local jobs and boost the economy.
He knew the local town, Cumnock, was blighted by unemployment and a devastating lack of optimism and opportunity.
It was a sort of workers’ revolution in reverse, the Prince turning himself out of the house to allow the public to enjoy it.

yeah what people won't do for a Prince  king snob
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 02:26:24 pm »

Prince Charles pockets £20m from Cornwall land in a year - and then gets a pay rise from the taxpayer

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Prince-Charles-pockets-20m-Cornwall-land-year/story-26788248-detail/story.html
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 10:22:06 pm »

Some interesting reading.  Chucky is getting funding from Saudi and Qatar for Castle of Mey.

Woodland at Royal castle in the Scottish Highlands renamed for Saudi millionaire after £370,000 gift (and he's never been there)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3157764/Woodland-Royal-castle-Scottish-Highlands-renamed-Saudi-millionaire-370-000-gift-s-never-there.html

I then remembered this link from a few weeks ago

Queen Mother’s Castle of Mey receives generous donation from Qatar

The Qatar Royal Family’s involvement with the Castle of Mey was first revealed when the Sheikh was spotted at a drinks reception in London for supporters of the castle. The reception in question was held at the Goring Hotel and was also attended by The Queen, who personally thanked the Sheikh for his donation to her mother’s favourite home. It is also understood that The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles get along well with the Sheikh and his family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3157764/Woodland-Royal-castle-Scottish-Highlands-renamed-Saudi-millionaire-370-000-gift-s-never-there.htmlshort while back

A link to the thread on here about his visit to Saudi and Qatar in February last year.  No wonder he went, probably tapping them up for some money for the Castle of Mey

http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,7294.0.html

Honestly, talk about beg, steal or borrow, but don´t dip your hand into your own billions of money. Disgusting, vile lot, and they appear to get worse IMO.

What else are they getting funding for that we don´t know about, it does beg the question.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:24:45 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Val
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »

Really quite disgraceful and no wonder Nicola Sturgeon doesn't want Queenie's name on a new hospital.  She appears to be the only one brave enough to stand up to them; brown noser Cameron certainly won't.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2015, 03:35:38 pm »

I^^  I forgot to mention this, tucked away in the article

It is not the first time Dr Mahfouz who holds the title Lord and Baron of Abernethy – has put his hand in his pocket to help the Royals. Last year a garden and fountain were named after him at Dumfries House, the 18th Century stately home saved by Prince Charles. The Mail on Sunday understands the businessman made a substantial donation towards restoration work.

Never heard that from chucky did we.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »

Wonder what these Arabs want in return for their largesse laundry
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 03:55:14 pm »

Hmmm, does beg the question doesn´t it, I was thinking that. 
Val
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 09:53:06 pm »

^^
Probably want the castles painted Emirate's red like they did for the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth.  Thankfully the people of Portsmouth protested and it was changed to part blue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: