Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:43:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what Joe Bloggs said in The Independent .. Well Said That Man  (Read 1287 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: June 26, 2013, 04:35:06 am »

The Duchy of Cornwall also seizes the property of deceased residents of Cornwall unless either or both of the following apply:-

(1) They had very close relatives.

(2) They had made a proper legal will.

An old colleague was disgusted when his ex-mother-in-law (his first wife died from cancer) neglected to make any will. When she died the Duchy took her bungalow, her paddock, her horses and her Range Rover, her entire property in fact. Now that is what one might call a good little earner.

Rather oddly the County of Cornwall is deemed to be so poor that it receives Objective One European Funding. It does indeed seem strange that whilst Europe is injecting funding into the county the Duchy appears to be doing the opposite.

The lengths that The Duchy will go to to get money are amazing. For example I heard about a highly knowledgeable yachtsman who anchored off Falmouth, somewhere in the Carrick Roads I suspect. A motorboat chugged out from Falmouth which turned out to contain two Water Bailiffs. The Bailiffs demanded a fee for anchoring! The yachtsman invited the bailiffs aboard and showed them the boats position as determined by GPS. This position was agreed to be accurate. A chart was then produced that showed where the Duchies jurisdiction over the sea-bed ended and the yacht was outside the line! "Oh another smart a**e" said the bailiffs who then returned to Falmouth empty handed. The Feudal System is unfortunately alive and well.

Well said Joe Bloggs  thumbsup

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/revealed-prince-charless-secret-property-deals--including-38-million-industrial-carbuncle-8659596.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:37:32 am by Tatiana » Logged

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:52:27 am »

It sounds like legal thievery to me. Charles is so hypocritical & it is so ingrained in him that he doesn't even try to hide it anymore.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:49:38 am »

The Queen has the same rights with regard to the Duchy of Lancaster and elsewhere it is the government that has the rights.  It is simply a matter of to which entity the money goes rather than thievery - everyone has to pay the money in these circumstances - just to whom.  But it is only Charles who is attacked when it is a right legally given to the Dukes of Cornwall in the Middle Ages when the Duchy was established to provide an independent income for the heir apparent to the throne.

It a family member of a person who dies intestate can prove their right they get the estate - they have to prove it to the Duchies if they live in the Duchies or to the government if they die elsewhere.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:23:06 pm »

Charles forces them to pay expensive fees to get him into court and some may not have the money just lying around like Charles does.

This article is not about the Queen or the Duchy of Lancaster. The Queen also doesn't push and push like greedy Charles does. Since when did two wrongs make a right: Never.

It is legal thievery but Poor Poor Charles everyone treats him so badly and he is so perfect he has never made any mistakes or shown poor judgement. I wonder why people just don't see how wonderfully marvelous Charles is.    laugh

Charles is a loser, always will be and always has been.   Cool
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:05:07 pm »

Um...wow.

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37:13 am »

Snokitty .. Bless you !   thankyou

Charles is not only greedy but arrogant, and modern day serfs ain't takin it no more   tehe

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: