Royal Gossip
November 12, 2018, 08:55:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nigella Lawson attacked by husband  (Read 8956 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »

He's sickening. He's trying to ruin her reputation because his is now in the dirt for choking his wife in public.

[/URL]
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2013, 08:10:14 am »

ITA with the above posts.

I feel so sorry for Nigella and really hope that she can get through this trial without ruining her reputation. I think she must have gone through hell these last few years. I was gratified that she has been receiving a lot of support from her twitter fans.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2013, 06:10:19 pm »

'I adore Nigella now... I'm broken-hearted to have lost her': Charles Saatchi's emotional confession as he tells court he 'doesn't know' if she took drugs and gives HIS version of the 'throttling' incident

Charles Saatchi told a jury today he is 'utterly heartbroken' to have divorced Nigella Lawson who he 'adores' and doesn't know if she took drugs.

The millionaire art dealer said he wished 2013 had never happened as he gave evidence against his two former personal assistants who are accused of fraud.

The 70-year-old added that he does not know if he believes claims that Miss Lawson, 53, was a habitual cocaine user while married to him.

As he revealed details about the breakdown of his marriage, Mr Saatchi said his ex-wife felt she needed a 'pass' to be able to go out and do what she wants.

He was divorced after he was photographed grabbing Nigella by the throat outside Scott's Restaurant in Mayfair, central London, in June. But he said today he was holding her neck 'to make her focus' and not throttling her.

His former employees Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo are standing trial accused of using credit cards loaned to them to spend more than £685,000.

When asked if he had adored Miss Lawson during their marriage, he said: 'I adore Nigella now. I absolutely adore Nigella and I'm broken-hearted to have lost her.'

He told Isleworth Crown Court he has no proof of Miss Lawson's alleged drug-taking.

Responding to defence barrister Anthony Metzer QC, he said: 'Like you, I like proof. I have no proof.'

He later said: 'I have never, never seen any evidence of Nigella taking any drug whatsoever. I want to be helpful, but I genuinely have no real knowledge at all.'

Mr Saatchi and Miss Lawson separated earlier this year after the incident at Scott's restaurant.

When asked about the incident, he insisted he was trying to make her 'focus'.

He said: 'I was not gripping, strangling or throttling her. I was holding her head by the neck to make her focus, can we be clear?

'Was it about her drug use? No.'

When asked by Mr Metzer if he became aware of Ms Lawson's alleged drug-taking around the time of the 'Scott's Restaurant incident', he said it was.

Mr Saatchi said he was 'very against drugs'.

The barrister then said: 'You are a friend of Trinny Woodall who feels very strongly about this issue?'

Mr Saatchi rolled his eyes at this question and said: 'Yes.'

Earlier, the court was read an email the millionaire sent to Miss Lawson on October 10 which contained allegations of drug taking. The message was first read to the court during a pre-trial hearing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515426/I-adore-Nigella--Im-broken-hearted-lost-Charles-Saatchis-emotional-confession-tells-court-doesnt-know-took-drugs-gives-HIS-version-throttling-incident.html

This freak after he choked her in public and who knows what he use to do with her in private  Now he's so  "broken-hearted to have lost her" thumbsdown
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:13:26 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 06:24:12 pm »

He's trying to destroy her reputation and destroy her business by making all these drug use accusations. He's a nasty piece of work.

Why not just divorce her and let her go, why try to sink her in the process?  He's rotten to the core, IMO. She may have had her troubles, but why is he now deciding to blast her all over the place. Just end it and move on man. 

[/URL]
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2013, 12:03:48 am »

One thing intrigues me about this affair in general - as we all know there are many people who have never forgiven Camilla and Prince Charles for their affair - BUT Nigella remains the nation's sweetheart despite the following facts - from what can be gathered from what was written in the newspapers - Nigella was married to her first husband, John Diamond, who was Saatchi''s close friend - they all three holidayed together with Saatchi's second wife Kay. The romance is said to have started before John Diamond's death AND with his approval.

After John Diamond's death, Nigella and Saatchi's romance took off BUT Saachti was still married to his second wife Kay by whom he had a daughter, his only child.

Kay Saatchi has stated, in various interviews, that the first she knew of Saatchi's divorce case against her, was when the teacher at the daughter's school offered her her sympathy!!! Kay and Saatchi were still living together under the same roof so she moved into a spare room. Kay then made bitter remarks to the Press about how she could not compete with a Domestic Goddess!!!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2013, 06:01:41 am »

'It's turned into the Nigella Lawson trial': Friends speak out as TV cook prepares for the fight of her life
Confidants say Nigella appears to be on trial rather than Grillo sisters
She is reportedly ready to put up a fight, and will not move to America
Thousands showed support ahead of her court appearance on Wednesday

It will be the most challenging performance of her life.
On Wednesday, Nigella Lawson will appear in court in the case against her former employees, Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo, who are accused of stealing almost £700,000.
Although she is appearing as a witness for the prosecution, friends believe that, in effect, it is Nigella who is on trial as she battles to clear her name and save her career.
And she is determined to put up a fight. Contrary to reports that she might move to America, Nigella has resolved to stay in Britain and has been looking for a house in Primrose Hill, North London.
She has also maintained an unfaltering online presence, posting a recipe for ‘holiday hotcakes’ and mobilising ‘team Nigella’.
Thousands of people have shown their support for the TV chef, including Stephen Fry, DJ Lauren Laverne and Claudia Winkleman.
Meanwhile, her friends are furious that, to all intents and purposes, it appears she is in the dock alongside the Grillos.
One friend who speaks to Nigella every day told The Mail on Sunday: ‘It has turned into the Nigella Lawson trial. It is supposed to be about the women, not her. It is unfortunate to say the least.’
The Grillo sisters have mounted a defence arguing they did not steal money from Nigella and her ex-husband, Charles Saatchi, 70. The accused pair claim they were allowed access to credit cards in return for covering up Nigella’s use of cocaine, cannabis and prescription drugs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516219/Nigella-Lawson-Friends-say-Its-turned-Nigella-Lawson-trial-TV-cook-prepares-fight-life.html

Deja Vu: Trinny Woodall and Charles Saatchi head out for yet ANOTHER romantic meal at Scott's...before bizarre embrace in taxi

He has suffered a difficult week under the media spotlight, so it's understandable that Charles Saatchi should enjoy some relaxing 'down time', this weekend.
The author and businessman was - perhaps unsurprisingly - seen at his favourite haunt, Scott's in central London, with his good friend Trinny Woodall.
Both Trinny, 49, and Saatchi, 70, dined outside the Mayfair eatery - despite plunging temperatures.

Wearing a fleece-effect coat and a blue scarf, Trinny was clearly dressed for the weather as she wrapped up warm with her long hair hanging loose.
The former TV presenter kept it casual with some grey trousers and a pair of simple, black trainers.
Meanwhile, Charles wore his trademark blue suit with a white shirt fully buttoned-up. He matched the look with classic black shoes and looked typically dapper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2516123/Trinny-Woodall-Charles-Saatchi-head-ANOTHER-romantic-meal-together.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 12:37:26 am »

Isn't she the one from that 'Trinny and Susanna show' thingy?
it's a tv show on holland they put up a shop and women who are wanting a change of style go there to get 'revamped'
they are rather....direct about what they like and dislike in a persons physique: things like 'great tit's' or 'let's cover up those wide hip's' are standard sentences. wopedo

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »

Exactly. Trinny is one of those women.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2013, 12:12:30 pm »

'Saatchi said he'd destroy me if I didn't clear his name': Nigella takes the stand to tell court of 'summer of bullying and abuse'
Miss Lawson accuses her ex-husband Charles Saatchi of using the trial to ruin her reputation by spreading false drug-taking claims
Couple divorced after pictures of him 'throttling' her emerged
Miss Lawson tells the jury: 'I have been put on trial here'
She is giving evidence against former PAs accused of credit card fraud
Mr Saatchi, 70, told the court he still 'adores' his ex-wife
Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo 'spent nearly £700,000 on themselves'
Jury told they lived the 'high life' and went on lavish spending sprees
Miss Lawson said Elisabetta was her 'rock' but accuses her of being bitter towards the end

Nigella Lawson's ex-husband Charles Saatchi threatened to 'destroy her' if she did not 'clear his name' by giving evidence at the trial, a court heard today.
She accused the millionaire art dealer of using the crown court trial to ruin her reputation by spreading false allegations of drug use.
The couple divorced this summer after photos emerged which appeared to show him throttling her outside Scott's restaurant in Mayfair, central London.
Miss Lawson is giving evidence against her two former personal assistants Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo who allegedly went on lavish spending sprees with her ex-husband's company credit cards.

Her ex-husband Mr Saatchi told the jury last Friday that he was 'heart-broken' following their divorce and added that he still 'adores' his ex-wife.
Miss Lawson, dressed entirely in black apart from a white collar on her shirt, said: 'I have been put on trial here where I am called to answer, and glad to answer the allegations, and the world's press, and it comes after a long summer of bullying and abuse.
'I find it's another chapter in that.'
She admitted she had been reluctant to give evidence in the trial, and spoke of her ex-husband Mr Saatchi's reaction to her reluctance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2517953/Nigella-Lawson-court-quizzed-drug-taking-claims-Charles-Saatchi-marriage-breakdown.html

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2013, 04:47:41 pm »

He sounds like a very sore loser.
Basically since she decided not to stay with him and cover for him choking her out at lunch , he wants to punish her by battering her in the press. She may have her faults, but he's certainly not making himself look good by smear campaigning his wife in court. He just looks like a jerk, no matter how many accusations he throws at her.

[/URL]
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »

The majority of the UK public like Nigella. She had a very difficult, vain, thin mother who was pretty horrid to her, who died in her youth. Her sister died of cancer. Her husband died of cancer very young when she had two children. Though she is talented, clever, rich and beautiful, she has not had it easy. I admire her and think she is a decent person. When she married Saatchi I was glad, knowing that her husband gave this union his blessing. Since I saw those awful photos of her in Scotts with his hand over her throat, I was horrified. I hope she pulls through this and finds happiness with a man who adores her. I think she deserves it.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »

LONDON (AP) -- A British judge chided Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday for saying he was on "Team Nigella" during the fraud trial of two former assistants to celebrity cook Nigella Lawson and her former husband

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/judge-chides-uk-leaders-team-nigella-comment-1787369.story

Judge chides PM David Cameron for ‘Team Nigella’ remark
LONDON A British judge chided Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday for saying he was on "Team Nigella" during the fraud trial of two former assistants to celebrity cook Nigella Lawson and her former husband.
udge Robin Johnson told jurors at Isleworth Crown Court in London that he had seen a number of articles that "centre on the prime minister commenting about a prosecution witness, Ms. Lawson, during an interview with a journalist."

"It is of regret when people in public office comment about a person who is involved in a trial which is in progress," said the judge, who told jurors the comments should "have no bearing on your own views."

Sisters Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo are accused of spending 685,000 pounds (more than $1 million) on credit cards belonging to the celebrity couple to buy designer goods and luxury holidays for themselves.

They deny the fraud charges.

The trial has been overshadowed by revelations about the domestic life of Lawson and her ex, art collector Charles Saatchi. The couple divorced in July after he was photographed grabbing her neck outside a London restaurant.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4267145-judge-chides-pm-david-cameron-for-team-nigella-remark/

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: