Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 02:39:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie's New Job  (Read 11416 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 03:34:43 pm »

Eugenie has never wanted to be a royal so I don't see her wanting to give up her life to cut ribbons. Beatrice has always wanted to do royal duties but I doubt she will become a full time royal. These girls were raised doing charity so I think it is something they will continue whether it is through royal duties or not.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 05:35:13 pm »

nobody asked you Gabriella

Their Princess's of course they're going to work for the family...ummm that's what royals do

Kate pretended to work IMO same as her sister
. Well even if she applied for a job in Tesco, she'd probably get preferential treatment.  Let's face it when granny and the Queen of England can give a character reference, then I guess you're made really.  At least the duchess and her sister do real work.

Eugenie does as much as a royal does, everyone uses their connections
and my wordy our Cathy did work , very hard, one her back at Killingkittens.Gee guys, do you know how hard that
work is ? nekkid except a mask
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 07:58:03 pm »

To be fair, I am exploiting my connections as well, but I don't expect too many people to end up treating me like I did all I have on my own. The difference is, I don't have to advertise myself and the field I've thrown myself into does require a lot of strategy.

When the duchess worked for her family's company, people tore her apart.  Eugenie works for her granny, a job that was probably offered to her on a plate, an application that she needed no references for and YET people congratulate her.  For what ?  Exploiting her connections to get a 'plum role' ? Yet people say Pippa exploits her connections but in HER case, it is grossly unfair.    Hypocrisy and double standards gone mad, if you ask me.

In fairness to Gabby, Eugenie is just spending time whiling away until she either goes into royal 'work,' full time or to NY; I don't see her really sacrificing clubbing or appearances at Ascot as part of the royal party and I don't see her coworkers being invited to join her at these events as a treat. Or on vacations with her footing the bill.

As for learning the field, how many times has she been studying in the library or spending time in museums? I don't see her doing any of that and she would be snapped if she were. This is just a hobbyhorse until she finds a man duped into supporting her lazy arse and puts up with Fergie mooching all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 02:16:31 am »

As for learning the field, how many times has she been studying in the library or spending time in museums? I don't see her doing any of that and she would be snapped if she were.

The royals live in museums with some of the best Artworks in the world. They also have extensive libraries and she would have access to the archives so I can't see any reason for her to go to a Museum or Library.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 03:13:37 am »

There's a world beyond the palaces though  dontknow
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:47 am »

There is a world beyond the palaces but it would take literally years to study everything in the palaces so she could very well be working under the radar in the palaces without any need to go anywhere else. In addition there are all the private grand homes in the UK which are also museums where she could learn stuff without going to the public museums.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 12:50:27 pm »

Or

If she works for Gran, gets experience with the royal art collection etc. Imagine who would employ her and head hunt her after she is doen with Gran's house

Le Louvre, NYC etc
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 02:12:54 pm »

Good point.
If her study essay's and project articles are good those big players sure could be interested in someone with her background who was practically raised in a museum!

She seems smart enough to do equally well in BP/RC as in the Uffizi in Firenze but why go far away if you have a extensive and high-quality art collection at your fingertips?
I don't blame her for using all possible benefits in today's market.
The fact that she has more of them due to her family is not her fault.
Hey I don't blame the Vanderbilt and Kennedy's of this world either for using their political/social connections when they need them.
Is it fair? No! But me whining about that fact à la 'calimero' (they are big and I'm small, and that is not fair!) isn't gonna help or change it.

So why should I blame her or envy her for it?
She was a bit more lucky then I was on some levels yes, but I don't think I'd swap worlds/family's with her. easter-wink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »

Totally agree Akasha

We would all do the same if we had those connections. I would milk my family networking if it could kick start my career and jump 10 years in experience

If she does it right, there are many global know art museums in all the most wonderful cities

I would not trade either, cos the only plus is that job and cash vs a mad nutty family
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 12:22:12 am »

If she would just stop the pretense that she's there through no connections of her own it would be refreshing. If she could not be applauded for basic decencies, it would be refreshing. All it would take is owning up to the fact that she is privileged and well connected for her ot become more likable, along with the rest of the RF.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 12:39:21 am »

How is she pretending that she does not have any help and is doing it all on her own?

The learning will be all hers because someone else can not learn for a person. Everyone knows who her Grandmother is so it would be futile for her to pretend no one helped her.
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

Here's the bottom line, we should all be impressed with Eugenie.  Just look at her family.  

At least she is using her connections and position to pursue a career goal.  Fergie uses her connections to exploit people, Andrew and Chuck use theirs to meddle, etc...

Does she deserve a Medal of Honor or standing ovation?  NO!  But she's not pulling a Paris Hilton and using her connections to get a reality T.V. gig.

Yes, she has great connections, she's lived a life of privilege and has unbelievable perks.  

At least she's doing something respectable.  She doesn't appear to be overly ambitious and perhaps this is just a fun way to kill time.  But she's done more with her twenties than Kate ever dreamed of.  

So kudos to her.  Compared to other women her age, she may not be that impressive.

But compared to the rest of the BRF, she doesn't look to shabby...

Unlike Wm, she's not whining about being a royal.  Instead she's using her position to her advantage. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:32:38 pm by Kit » Logged
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 06:47:57 pm »

I don't understand how Eugenie is extraordinary just for getting a job, despite her family's problems. There are kids who come from sink estates who end up being really successful. Those are the people we should be admiring.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:02 pm »

^
Exactly!

You know, like William and Harry, the Yorkies had palaces and mansions and never wanted for anything that was needed to nourish or maintain them. They never wanted for meals, had nannies to occupy and take care of them, and they have always had bills footed and rich friends to spoil them as well. They had their problems, but far more vast resources to make something wonderful of themselves. How long will their 'bad childhood' and 'horrible parents' be s sufficient excuse for the fact that they ran around boozing?

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2013, 12:52:26 am »

Here's the bottom line, we should all be impressed with Eugenie.  Just look at her family. 

At least she is using her connections and position to pursue a career goal.  Fergie uses her connections to exploit people, Andrew and Chuck use theirs to meddle, etc...

Does she deserve a Medal of Honor or standing ovation?  NO!  But she's not pulling a Paris Hilton and using her connections to get a reality T.V. gig.

Yes, she has great connections, she's lived a life of privilege and has unbelievable perks. 

At least she's doing something respectable.  She doesn't appear to be overly ambitious and perhaps this is just a fun way to kill time.  But she's done more with her twenties than Kate ever dreamed of. 

So kudos to her.  Compared to other women her age, she may not be that impressive.

But compared to the rest of the BRF, she doesn't look to shabby...

Unlike Wm, she's not whining about being a royal.  Instead she's using her position to her advantage. 

thumbsup  Exactly   goodpost
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 02:28:57 am »

There's a world beyond the palaces though  dontknow

The Elgin Marbles are at the British Museum, along with a virtual cornucopia of other rare and ancient treasures.  This is the one thing I cannot stand about the young royals, they do not care about the massive amount of culture right under their noses.   Angry Angry
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 05:16:34 pm »

Did Eugenie start her new job yet?  I haven't seen anything in the papers, which normally even the local papers say something about the european royalty that come to America.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2013, 04:45:29 pm »

^ She should be in New York by October !!!   dontknow
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »

EXCLUSIVE: Princess Eugenie hits the Big Apple this month - and it's all thanks to Princes William and Harry's old school chum

Prince Andrew's youngest daughter will be working for Alexander Gilkes, who went to Eton with William and Harry
    Pippa Middleton dated Alexander Gilkes' older brother Charlie - another close friend of the Princes

Princess Eugenie will make her New York debut within weeks – as she moves to the Big Apple to start work at a trendy auction house co-founded by one of Princes William and Harry’s multi-millionaire old school pals, MailOnline can reveal.

The 23-year-old graduate will be working for Alexander Gilkes, 34, the dashing Old Etonian brother of London nightclub entrepreneur Charlie Gilkes.

Both Alexander and Charlie were invited to Prince William’s wedding to Kate Middleton in April 2011 and Eugenie is a firm fixture in the same social circle, attending Alexander’s lavish nuptials to stunning fashion designer Misha Nonoo in Venice last year.

Friends say that Eugenie will be in New York by the end of the month and will then start work at Alexander’s auction house, Paddle 8, based in the city’s trendy Soho district.

Alexander’s links to the Royals go back to his school days at Eton.

His older brother Charlie is a firm friend of Prince William and dated the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister Pippa after they were both students at Edinburgh Univeristy.

Charlie, who founded London nightspots Maggies and Kitts, was even spotted on board a barge, the Spirit of Chartwell, alongside the Middletons during the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee in 2012.

And Eugenie, alongside her older sister Beatrice were in attendance at Alexander and Misha's wedding last year, a three-day affair that saw the couple get hitched at the Forte di Sant’Andrea, a 16th-century island fort that had once guarded Venice and had before never been used for a private event - for which they had to obtain permission from the mayor of Venice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2420254/EXCLUSIVE-Princess-Eugenie-hits-Big-Apple-month--thanks-Prince-Williams-old-school-chum.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

Never hurts to have the right connections...regardless of ability. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: