Royal Gossip
December 12, 2017, 08:08:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie's New Job  (Read 11699 times)
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »

Finally, a positive article  flower
Maria
courtier

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »

Congratulations to Eugenie! Well done. flower

Of course Eugenie couldn´t finance her lifestyle with her salary but she doesn´t have to. And at least Eugenie is trying to do something with her life. Life in New York away from her father and the Royal Family will also make her more mature. 

Why should she not work for the Royal Collection in the future? It´s not that Kate would want that job...
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »

^Because there are people other than Kate - 'commoners' - who should be considered for that kind of employment too. People who are exceptionally talented, in some cases more talented than Eugenie. Of course I'm not against her getting any sort of job but I'm sick of the royals being handed things on a place.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »

If the princesses would just own up to the fact that their title does help, I believe that there wouldn't be a lot of resentment. There is nothing unique at all about perks and cronyism, but it's the hypocrisy that gets to me all the stupid time. The princesses should stop lying and saying that it's all their talent.

New York has plenty of people unemployed and would like to end up working for an auction house (I would give my eyeteeth for the chance just to bring stuff to them) and go figure, the princesses get it handed to them on a platter because of their title.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Maria
courtier

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 10:30:04 pm »

Sadly, that´s not like the world works. It´s always about Vitamin B.

I maybe wrong but I never heard or read an interview where one of the York girls said such things. Saw Bea a few times on tv, talking about HM or some charity and she seemed surprisingly humble to me. But it´s all PR in the end.

What should Bea & Eugenie do with their lives? Think, trying to start a career is a good thing whoever you are or whatever you have.

I, too, believe that I have at least as much talent as Pippa in writing cook books or about Wimbledon. Perhaps even a little more. I cook quite regularly and played tennis for years.  thumbsup
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 02:30:38 am »

^ The York Sisters have never said such things it is just not in their nature. I am sure they know why they receive the perks they do. All the resentment towards those girls stems from people who *despise* their parents and don't understand the concept of the child not being responsible for the actions of the parents.
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 11:20:07 pm »

I heard that Beatrice and Eugenie were unpopular for because they didn't have jobs and didn't do royal duties,despite being princesses
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 12:14:12 am »

^ The York Sisters have never said such things it is just not in their nature. I am sure they know why they receive the perks they do. All the resentment towards those girls stems from people who *despise* their parents and don't understand the concept of the child not being responsible for the actions of the parents.

I agree.
Most of the interviews I've seen of the Princesses, they were quite nice, even a bit humble. The British press for the most part, will always try to Fergie the Princesses. imo

[/URL]
empirestate
courtier

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »

^ While William and Harry are angels because they are Diana's sons. Not Diana and Charles' but Diana's. They get a pass on a lot of stuff while they're cousins get the hammer blow. It's hard for the York girls since Anne's kids are untitled and Edward's kids are so young, they've grown up in the shadow of the Wales and unlike their "glorious" cousins they have two parents who court very bad press which comes down hard on them.

"Dear God, let me not die at the hands of the Swiss." -Johnny English
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »

I heard that Beatrice and Eugenie were unpopular for because they didn't have jobs and didn't do royal duties,despite being princesses

They both have jobs and since Charles has decided to cut them out I see no reason for them to do Royal duties anymore than Peter and Zara do.
Gabriella
royal watcher

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »

When the duchess worked for her family's company, people tore her apart.  Eugenie works for her granny, a job that was probably offered to her on a plate, an application that she needed no references for and YET people congratulate her.  For what ?  Exploiting her connections to get a 'plum role' ? Yet people say Pippa exploits her connections but in HER case, it is grossly unfair.    Hypocrisy and double standards gone mad, if you ask me.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 08:53:10 pm »

nobody asked you Gabriella

Their Princess's of course they're going to work for the family...ummm that's what royals do

Kate pretended to work IMO same as her sister
Gabriella
royal watcher

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »

nobody asked you Gabriella

Their Princess's of course they're going to work for the family...ummm that's what royals do

Kate pretended to work IMO same as her sister
. Well even if she applied for a job in Tesco, she'd probably get preferential treatment.  Let's face it when granny and the Queen of England can give a character reference, then I guess you're made really.  At least the duchess and her sister do real work.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 09:50:28 pm »

Have I missed something here.  wasty and orangina do real work   laugh  - these fairy stories are wearing a bit thin.  Jigsaw springs to mind, rarely there as told to the press by a fellow staff member, only a part time job anyway, she had to be on hand for when wimpo called.  Worked for her parents, how do we know. So okay for wasty and orangina to work for family and family friends, but not for Princess Eugenie.  Eugenie has a work ethic, lacking in some others we could mention.  You just accused the royal family of looking after their own, but the meddledooms did the self same thing.  wasty is not one of their own, fact  -  you better get used to it because wasty will never be one of them.  Still think you took a wrong turning and have ended up in the wrong place. We are intelligent adults on this forum, we gave up fairy stories years ago.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

eh whatever at least Princess Eugenie Works

I guess the Middletrash sisters work too
Lady Bucklebury-Bucket
courtier

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 10:09:39 pm »

Let's face it when granny and the Queen of England can give a character reference, then I guess you're made really.  At least the duchess and her sister do real work.

I would agree with you Gabby, all apart from the text in bold, but again I think you are teasing!
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 10:16:08 pm »

When the duchess worked for her family's company, people tore her apart.  Eugenie works for her granny, a job that was probably offered to her on a plate, an application that she needed no references for and YET people congratulate her.  For what ?  Exploiting her connections to get a 'plum role' ? Yet people say Pippa exploits her connections but in HER case, it is grossly unfair.    Hypocrisy and double standards gone mad, if you ask me.

Eugenie is just filling in while she waits to go to NY. At least she is spending her time learning more about the field she has chosen to go into and isn't hiding out at her parents house waiting on her partner to find time to be with her like Waity Katie has always done.
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 11:27:10 pm »

People use connections all the time to get jobs.

Eugenie just happens to have great connections.

I'd rather see HM help Eugenie fulfill her goals and help jump start her career than give Andrew the highest honor possible for personal service after the Epstein scandal. 

Instead of bailing Eugenie out (something HM routinely does for her family members) she's actually helping the kid gain experience so she can pursue her ambitions.

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 04:08:59 am »

I don't see why Eugenie is getting such high praise for having a job. It's not like she slogs it out 9-5 in an office all day every day and it's not like her career will ever really be any more than a hobby. Yes she works unlike WK but aside from being lazy WK had to make herself 'available' for PW whenever he wanted. They were in entirely different situations. I wish her luck and I'm sure she's very competent and bright, but at the end of the day she's just another rich kid.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 02:11:19 pm »

She has also worked at the Royal Collection in Buckingham Palace, where she won praise after joining fellow workers queuing in the canteen.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2013062113150/princess-eugenie-job-us-paddle8/

She not working at the Palace anymore. Agreed that at the end of the day, she's a rich kid who really doesn't have to work because she doesn't have to rely on a salary to survive. Her friends for the most part just live off their parents money and just flit around having fun without a care in the world. Like Beatrice, I suspect she'll give up the job in NY and want to become a full time royal also. At first I was glad that she was working at the Palace and then in NY, but after reading about Beatrice packing in her job and expect to become a full time royal, that gave me pause about Eugenie's intention also.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: