Royal Gossip
June 24, 2017, 04:32:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie's New Job  (Read 10473 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: June 02, 2013, 08:51:32 am »

http://www.sundayexpress.co.uk/news/royal/404411/Hard-working-Princess-Eugenie-goes-to-Derby-with-her-new-boss-The-Queen
She was at Epsom for the races with her new employer... her grandmother the Queen.

The Princess has advanced her career in the art world by landing a plum job at Buckingham Palace.

The 23-year-old has spent the past three weeks working for the Royal Collection as a paid intern and is likely to spend several months in the post.

An insider revealed that Eugenie is working hard and fitting in well, even dining in the staff canteen.

The source said: “You don’t expect to see a member of the Royal Family sitting down at lunchtime having queued up with hundreds of others but Eugenie is doing just that.

“She’s very friendly and approachable and people at the Royal Collection say she knows her subject well.”

Eugenie gained a degree in art history and English literature at Newcastle University before going to work last year at London auctioneers Christie’s, where the Queen’s nephew Viscount Linley is chairman.

Another royal insider added: “She could hardly be in a better place to learn about great art works at first hand and to increase her knowledge, which will help her in her career.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54:00 pm »

Congratulations to her! Seems like the York girls do know how to balance work and royal life. Good luck to her.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 05:20:47 pm »

If the York girls do this, they have the best chance at a happy life and marriage
Would she have an NI number ? easter-lol

The Wessex seem to have this balance also and Princess Anne ( though snotty )
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:47:33 pm »

Well done Princess Eugenie.

[/URL]
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 03:21:35 am »

Well done, Eugenie!!
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 05:14:28 am »

Well that is... convenient.   bored3

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 06:58:04 am »

It's great that she's got this internship and I'm sure she'll be very good at it, but I can never bring myself to truly accept nepotism and I suspect that's how she ended up there.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 10:50:12 am »

So they basically created a job for her  sigh I guess going into the real world and earning your place is a step too far for the Yorkies.They should tell the girls to get on with it and learn to deal with the reality that there is no future for them in the monarchy.They are coddeling these girls.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:11 pm »

“You don’t expect to see a member of the Royal Family sitting down at lunchtime having queued up with hundreds of others but Eugenie is doing just that.

“She’s very friendly and approachable and people at the Royal Collection say she knows her subject well.”

You know, I think her friendliness is along the lines of being very condescending, not genuinely trying to attach herself to them. I mean really, this sounds like just another playtime job, just like various other trustafarian jobs. I don't think having HM as an employer is the same as everyone else who has her as an employer.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 03:45:52 am »

^
ITA,
I actually like Harry and the Yorks, especially the Yorks, because I feel like they got bullied for their weight, their parents, even Bea's eyes get made fun of.  However, as "cool and down to earth and just like the little people" message they try to convey, the truth is.  The little people do not get to take off from work and go on glitzy holidays throughout the year, or wear the clothes they wear or walk through life never having to worry about the rent.  On another blog I read, the Admin says the Yorks do not get money from the tax payers.  However, at their current level of work, they could not afford a single thing they have, which means daddy probably is very generous, and he does get money.  Special Trade Ambassador, and he is rude to boot.  I have British Army friends who say they have seen him when comes to visit the troops and he is an as*.  None of them could create the lives they currently live.  It is all tax payer funded, they do not have the drive, ambition or the smarts.  Sorry to sound grouchy but truth is truth.   sigh dontknow
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 04:59:09 am »

Beatrice & Eugenie probably have more money than both of their parents combined so they do not have to work but choose to. They get no taxpayer funds for security or anything else. Their holidays since they have been working has either been on the weekend or a banking holiday weekend.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 07:05:17 am »

^So they vacation on the weekend, big whoop. Lots of people work on the weekends and I don't think the job is too strenuous.

The 23-year-old has spent the past three weeks working for the Royal Collection as a paid intern and is likely to spend several months in the post.

This is an internship, not a real job anyway.

The thing is, that while they choose to work, it's no different than any other poshy job where they are enjoying life, biding their time until someone loaded comes along and marries them. Except for lineage, they are like Waity in that way.

another blog I read, the Admin says the Yorks do not get money from the tax payers.

They don't get taxpayer funds for security, but the rest wasn't made by HM, it was inherited.

As for security, where does Daddy get his money? Where did Andrew study to become a trade ambassador? He got it from his grandmother who got it from the taxpayers. Everything they own comes from the taxpayers. The place they live was built by taxpayers, through money and manual labor.

I *despise* being so nasty, but lately it's the same schtick with them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »

So if a royal gets a job it isn't good enough unless they work seven days a week.   blink

An intern is someone who is working just like everyone else does. It gives them an opportunity to gain extra knowledge of a field and make new connections. There is nothing wrong with doing an internship. 

Andrew got his money from shady backroom deals and tyrannical despots so it is not tax money.  Cool

A lot of people hold these girls to a different standard from everyone else because of who their parents are. I find that an absolute injustice and a terrible shame.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 01:19:17 pm »

I'm not holding her to a different standard because of her parents, I just don't see why we should be congratulating her for an internship she clearly only got because of who her grandmother is, an internship that many qualified and talented people would kill for. Everything seems to be about "personal development" and "growth" with these royals. Well I have a message for them: grow up and stop relying on granny to propel you into various jobs. I like Eugenie but I don't like this at all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37:34 am »

I wonder what is wrong with them that they spend all this time working on themselves, but don't end up getting it together.

She isn't someone who has had to ferociously network and study and work hard to get noticed. It sounds like just another job that she will use to kill time until she ends up getting married. Royals should be used to people holding to the idea of them getting an easy ride because of their titles.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:10 am »

Eugenie wants to work at an Art gallery or something similar. If I had the collection of Art that the Monarchy has and my Granddaughter was wanting a career in the Art world I would give her the best opportunity to achieve that goal.

I rarely agree with what the royals do but I don't see anything wrong with this. The Queen did not put her in charge or anything she just gave her an Internship where she can learn.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 05:59:25 am »

I just wish the palace PR would stop making so much of it; why not be upfront and end up saying she got the job because her grandmother is the queen and leave it at that? No stupid fawning about how she is so 'nice' and how she doesn't judge or something stupid like that? Stop making it out to be that she got all this on her own merit as if she apparently worked hard? As if she simply had a relation who had been a member of staff?

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »

I do feel sorry for Bea and Eugenie in the sense that the public thinks they sit around doing nothing all day. The DM never prints any articles about their work, only photos of them going to various galas, and the comments are always scathing. Compare this to WK getting praised for doing 15 days of work so far this year and it screams DOUBLE STANDARDS.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 08:58:34 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345537/Independent-Princess-Eugenie-goes-auction-house-job-U-S.html
And later this year the Queen’s youngest granddaughter will step out of the world of royal privilege for a new life — and a proper job — in America.

For I can reveal that Eugenie, 23, has secured a full-time post at fashionable U.S. auction house Paddle8, based in New York.

It means, however, she will have to leave behind her Stowe-educated boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, who works in the gastro-pub trade, although the two plan to commute whenever possible.

‘Since leaving university Eugenie has been committed to working in the arts world and has done some internships but is now set to take on a permanent role at graduate level,’ a friend of the Duchess of York tells me.

‘From October she is going to work and live in New York, before returning to London where the company is setting up a new office.’

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 02:17:50 pm »

Well done Princess Eugenie.

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: