Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 04:49:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Phillips on the Queen's devotion to duty  (Read 2191 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:52 am »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/404351/Peter-Phillips-tells-how-the-Queen-s-devotion-to-duty-helped-to-shape-his-working-life
Speaking on the 60th anniversary of the Queen’s Coronation, her eldest grandchild has described her as an “inspiration” while praising her ability to balance royal and family life.

“She has had a life dedicated to the service of this country,” he says.

“If you want a role model for someone who works hard, then both my grandparents are it. They are active, they are always doing something. They are always working, they have always got engagements. They are always pushing the boundaries on various projects that mean a lot to them. At the same time though, my grandmother has had that amazing ability to be able to balance the work and her family life pretty well. She is an inspiration. She has been a huge role model to all of us.”
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 10:51:40 pm »

What work?

Making appearances?

Smiling?

Looking and dressing nice?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:23:53 am »

my grandmother has had that amazing ability to be able to balance the work and her family life pretty well.
lmao laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh lmao
He must be joking, of course...
His grandmother is SIMPLY a failure as an mother & matriarch easter-wink
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:11:20 am »

^HM isn't the only old woman who has had to balance family and work.

If I admire WK for anything, it's for showing the world what losers this family really is.

HM - Enabler of her husband's infidelity/enables cheating son/scapegoats Diana for Charles' failings/neglects vulnerable grandsons/meddles in politics (where Charles got his idea to meddle)/looks down on the Scandinavian monarchies/looks down on the other dethroned monarchies.

Charles - I've gone over his failings enough.

Anne/Zara - Spoiled brats who have never had to be anything resembling decent and to my knowledge, don't know the first thing about struggling/hard work.

Philip - Been over him often enough.

Andrew - Taught Fergie everything she knows about freeloading.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 03:26:05 am »

thumbsup thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:20 am »

atcombe hosts the Festival of British Eventing every year with his father Mark, who also lives on the estate despite divorcing Anne in 1992.

He is designing the event’s cross-country course

I wonder how he got such a plum job so easily? wopedo

Far from being handed everything on a plate, Peter insists that he and his sister Zara, 32, were brought up to not take anything for granted.

Tell me another one; he and his sister could use the royal horses and grounds to train and had an Olympic trained mother who could teach them or hire instructors. There is no way they've struggled for sponsors and lessons and had to coordinate schedules to fit in jobs.

So we always had a strong work ethic instilled in us from a very early age.”

In Zara's case, mouthing off to people who have jobs to do, to protect people like the security officer that Zara got pissy towards.

It was a huge success, not only for the athletes but the country as a whole and there are nothing but fond memories for us.”

It was a logistical disaster and one long PR stunt for Kate and Co.; members of the RF were kind enough to sit with the plebs, creating a logistical nightmare mainly because an area had to be cordoned off to accommodate the RF and the security officers. Zara mouthed off about not getting a better medal.

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »

my grandmother has had that amazing ability to be able to balance the work and her family life pretty well.
lmao laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh lmao
He must be joking, of course...
His grandmother is SIMPLY a failure as an mother & matriarch easter-wink
the queen did her best as a mom.she was from an old fashioned upperclass system.not like the hands on approach of today.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 07:34:51 pm »

Most upper class families don't let their heirs wreck their marriages for their mistresses; given how much pain HM felt because of the mistresses in Philip's life, I wonder if whether or not HM might have ended up understanding the damage that mistresses caused and either gone all Henry VIII on Camilla or forbid marriage.

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »

Most upper class families don't let their heirs wreck their marriages for their mistresses; given how much pain HM felt because of the mistresses in Philip's life, I wonder if whether or not HM might have ended up understanding the damage that mistresses caused and either gone all Henry VIII on Camilla or forbid marriage.
charles is grown the queen can't stop him from sleeping around she couldn't stop Phillip
dianab
Countess

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 09:27:16 pm »

^^^
100% disagree... there were women who worked and had harder lives than the Queen ever could have idea or imagine and were true mothers to their children... her ostrich syndrome is just one of many issues that she have with human relations...

As someone else who worked for them (I think was secretary of hers or of Philip or of Charles) said if she worried about the family matters in same way she cared & is worried with the welfare of her horses, the things will be pretty much better ... I forget the name of person but I do know he's quoted in a DM article... IMO this "the queen did her best as a mom.she was from an old fashioned upperclass system.not like the hands on approach" is only spin (read: excuses) of royal reporters for her faults as human being.

The relationship she have with her horses she should have had with her children.

IMO Margaret may have given her best as a mother... There may be some reason her children have outed better than the royal cousins and seem have better values...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:33:42 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »

HM not thinking that she has choices is what has led to the mess her family has become. She could have helped her sister and could have brought Charles into line and ended up doing something about her husband's adultery and could have managed William a lot better. If she had lifted a finger, she would have changed things around.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 09:59:26 pm »

Well said!  thumbsup
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 10:17:25 pm »

HM not thinking that she has choices is what has led to the mess her family has become. She could have helped her sister and could have brought Charles into line and ended up doing something about her husband's adultery and could have managed William a lot better. If she had lifted a finger, she would have changed things around.
you said she could have done something, but what? Divorce prince phillip, put charles over her knee and put a belt to his behind.the queen gave in and let anne have second marriage and now that's not happy.queen mary couldn't control edward 8th
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 12:06:30 am »

HM could have accepted that she is Sovereign and doesn't owe Philip unconditional wifely obedience in any area and could have started yanking the plug on Charles setting up a separate court of his own by making it clear that any participants would end up getting downgraded on rank via Letters Patent. HM had that power; she could have ordered Anne to grow up and accept that she chose Mark Philips and should have stayed in an unhappy marriage just like she, HM has. If HM had thought of the prestige of the nation instead of the dynasty the RF would have done things a lot differently and ended up with a better result.

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 12:35:11 am »

HM could have accepted that she is Sovereign and doesn't owe Philip unconditional wifely obedience in any area and could have started yanking the plug on Charles setting up a separate court of his own by making it clear that any participants would end up getting downgraded on rank via Letters Patent. HM had that power; she could have ordered Anne to grow up and accept that she chose Mark Philips and should have stayed in an unhappy marriage just like she, HM has. If HM had thought of the prestige of the nation instead of the dynasty the RF would have done things a lot differently and ended up with a better result.
that's not the queens personality.the queen was raised since childhood isolated and is only good with animals.the queen dudnt apply for the job as the most qualified candidate she inherited it.I guess she don't want to be too hard on her kids and wants them to be happy. I read that anne had to divorce because mark had a love child.the probkem with the queens kids is that they were raised like she was.fergie said prince andrew had never even been to a store to buy something.its hard for them to find non royal mates because they can't relate.the queen married her cousin so their marriage survived.maybe anne and others can marry a cousin too
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: