Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 12:01:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill's Wedding  (Read 37297 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 07:34:52 pm »

Except Brigitta all lost their position in the line of succession. And considering the year and how male chauvinist was the court, my theory is that Brigitta also lost hers.

But the problem here is not that Madde marries but that she is going to live in the US. She cannot "work" for the RF.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 01:57:46 pm »

Hi

I went to Sweden's Royal Palace yesterday and visited the Royal Chapel where the Royal Wedding will take place, it's absolutely stunning.

The rooms in the Palace are so regal, the furnishings, the ceilings, the woodcarvings, the fine crystal, silver and handpainted china, the portraits, the jewels are beautiful. I visited the Royal guest quarters where Prince Charles and Camilla stayed (and slept) in when they visited. The royal guest apartments are massive, like having your own Palace practically while visiting as a royal guest.

I don't mean to be a snob, but when I walked through the Royal Palace and viewed the history and saw the details which went into marriage's and brides being selected over Cenuturies, it pained me to think that all of these Prince's are now marrying so poorly.

After visiting Sweden's Palace,I am truly befuddled why Kate chooses to stay at home, with her parents? What new bride would not welcome the chance to live in such Royal historic surroundings and research every detail of all the history of the royal family and these buildings,and artwork?

There is so much to research and explore that a year could be spent on one floor, just researching and reading about all aspects of the royal families and their European cousins for Centuries.

Sweden is buzzing with anticipation of Madeleine's wedding and she is "LOVED" by the people. I spoke to people on the street about her and they truly adore Princess Madeleine and Crown Princess Victoria. They have taken Daniel to their hearts now and spoke warmly of him.

P.S. I spoke to someone who writes for Aftenbladet and she told me there is trouble in the Danish Royal family perhaps, but it's not with Princess Mary and Fred, it's with the divorced Countess, (Pr.Joachim's ex-wife Alexandra)she and her husband are having trouble in their marriage according to recent rumours (He "supposedly" has a roving eye and is spotted with others at nightclubs.) She wants to save the marriage , but he wants it open, to do his own thing. She is at her wits end and does not want another failed marriage, so is hoping to save things.)

[/URL]
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 06:40:43 am »

Thank you so much for sharing Serene Grace.

You said "I don't mean to be a snob, but when I walked through the Royal Palace and viewed the history and saw the details which went into marriage's and brides being selected over Centuries, it pained me to think that all of these Prince's are now marrying so poorly." You're not being a snob, I completely agree with you. I've traveled extensively through Europe and could never get enough of the beautiful castles/palaces and their history. Had I been in Waity's shoes I would be devouring the history books. Can you just imagine having tea with Queen Elizabeth and talking to her about her ancestors? It would have been fascinating!

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 07:13:12 am »

^A lot of these commoner consorts have no appreciation for the history surrounding them and no sincere appreciation of all they have.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 01:27:42 am »

NRK 1

Royal Wedding in Sweden 08.06.2013
  Topics: News
Program Information

queeny newyear  We follow the royal wedding when Princess Madeleine of Sweden and the British-American Chris O'Neill marry in Stockholm Cathedral Castle in Stockholm.

During the three and a half hour long broadcast we'll see when guests arrive Castles Cathedral of the ceremony in the church, the cortege and the trip to Drotningsholm castle where the dinner will take place. The ceremony starts at 16:00.

Cortege
  The bride and groom are transported by horse and carriage from the Royal Palace to Riddarholmen. The cortege goes along Outer courtyard, Slottsbacken, Skeppsbron, Strömbron, Strömgatan, Norrbro, Slottskajen, Myntgatan and Wrangelska characteristics for Evert Taubes Terrass on Riddarholmen.

From Evert Taubes terrace Riddarholmen traveling the bride and groom and wedding guests by boat  to Drottningholm Palace. Here we get the following guest's arrival, but the dinner takes place with no television coverage.
Royal experts say it is expected to nearly 500 guests at the wedding.

The presenter is Ingvild Bryn. With her former Northern Correspondent Kjell Pihlstrøm and historian Trond Norén Isaksen.

Later in the evening, at 21.40, we will see a summary of highlights from the royal wedding.

International live broadcast produced by SVT  

http://tv.nrk.no/direkte/nrk1  (NRK 1)
SVT  and NRK will be televising the wedding  LIVE if people can pick it up on their computers. I am not sure where they will be transmitting to outside of Scandanavian countries and some parts of Europe, but check just in case.

link to SVT (Sweden) Check to see on wedding day to see if it shows in your area, it will be broadcast LIVE.

http://www.svt.se/prinsessbrollopet/se-program/tabla/  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:33:10 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
HC
Countess

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 11:57:51 am »

I'm looking forward to watch the wedding  flower

Here a bit about Madeleines former boyfriends
Pontus Westergren and Princess Madeleine had a romance in the late 90s. They met through their common interest in riding. Pontus Westergren is 35 years and is a recognized name Inside riding. He has, among other ridden for the Swedish national team. Today, he is together with the Swedish sports journalist Suzanne Sjögren.

The first confirmed love relationship that Princess Madeleine had was with event planner Mattias Trotzig. The two teamed up for a few months during the spring of 2001. It is still unclear why they went so quickly from each other. Mattias Trotzig is now 35 years and forms according to Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet couple with Swedish blogger Linn Herbertsson.

Pierre Ladow is probably the one who had the slightest chance to tie the bag. Gothenburg boy who is one year older than the princess, met Madeleine in Saint Tropez shortly after her break with Mattias Trotzig in 2001, and it was never really more than a holiday fling. Pierre Ladow is married, has two children and lives in London with his family. He working in right financial world, writes kjendis.no.

Shortly after meeting with Pierre Ladow, meetings Princess Madeleine Erik Granath - a real bad boy with convictions for drunk driving, ill-treatment and handling of drugs. The princess is defiant and stick to the four years older boyfriend, whom she met through her older brother Prince Carl Philip, but the relationship does not hold the pressure in length and lasts for a year.

If the royal family thought they could breathe a sigh of relief after Princess Madeleine's break with Erik Granath, so they were mistaken. It looked promising when Madeleine fell in love with the pretty lawyer Jonas Bergström. A loyal friend who delights most and in August 2009 he suitor for the princess and gets engaged.

But 23-year-old Norwegian girl Tora Uppstrøm Berg tells Norwegian Look and Listen, she has spent a whole night with Jonas Bergström after the engagement to Princess Madeleine. The scandal was fulfilled, when Princess Madeleine switch off the engagement a few days later.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billedbladet.dk%2Fkongelige%2Fsverige%2Fde-kunne-have-rendt-med-madeleine
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 01:08:39 pm »

So am I, can't wait.  celebration        :
Foreign guests for Princess Madeleine’s wedding
With ~days to go before Princess Madeleine of Sweden marries Christopher O’Neill in the Palace Church in Stockholm, the Swedish royal court has not yet released a list of guests, but this is expected to appear in a few days. However, some guests are already known.
The Norwegian royal court has confirmed that the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, as well as Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn, will attend the wedding, and the Danish court has announced the presence of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, and Princess Benedikte. The presence of Prince Joachim is quite unusual, as he is normally the one who stays behind in Denmark to act as guardian of the realm when other members of the family attend royal events abroad, but in this case Queen Margrethe herself will remain in Denmark.
According to the British magazine Majesty Prince Edward of Britain and his wife Sophie (aka the Earl and Countess of Wessex) will also attend the wedding, which seems plausible as they are the usual British representatives at foreign weddings.
As this is a much smaller event than the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in 2010, and not a state occasion like that wedding, fewer guests have been invited and fewer official representatives from Sweden and abroad will be present. There is thus no reason to expect for instance Japanese or Thai royalty or the presidents of Finland and Iceland; the foreign royal guests will probably be restricted to the reigning European royal families and possibly a few members of non-reigning dynasties such as Greece, Hohenzollern and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and possibly Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Bavaria.          

FRIDAY, 31 MAY 2013

Foreign guests for Princess Madeleine’s wedding.  http://trondni.blogspot.no/2013/05/foreign-guests-for-princess-madeleines.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:10:38 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 01:51:19 pm »

SWEDEN'S News crews prepping for Wedding

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/infor-prinsessbrollopet-2

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »

http://www.thelocal.se/48298/20130606/#.UbCHf9nfAuA.twitter

Princess Madeleine will wed her fiancé Chris O'Neill in a lavish ceremony on Saturday afternoon, in the country's second big royal wedding in three years. Back in 2010, the Swedes held their breath as Madeleine's older sister Crown Princess Victoria married Prince Daniel in Stockholm.

Madeleine, the younger sister of both Victoria and Prince Carl Philip, has long had her private life splashed across the Swedish tabloids, however, and unfairly so according to Roger Lundgren, royal expert and editor of Kungliga Magazine.

"She is fed up with the media attention that she's been getting ever since she was eighteen," he tells The Local.

When the princess left high school, she was seen by the Swedish media as the "party-girl princess". Papers reported that she was enjoying the life of a high-flyer, enjoying London shopping sprees and Stockholm nightclubs.

"She's not a party animal - God no - it's just because she is so beautiful that the media always takes the chance to be vicious to her. They're still always referring to her 'luxurious' lifestyle at every chance they get," he explains.

"It's bullshit. She works for a charity in New York. But the paparazzi still don't leave her alone. Her relationship with the media is complicated now, she doesn't appreciate doing interviews."

But Lundgren insists the princess is "super sweet" face-to-face, and particularly excels when working with children.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 02:20:46 pm »

Where to watch the Royal Wedding LIVE  queeny

LINK
http://www.svtplay.se/video/1253415/prinsessbrollopet
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:26:05 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 01:21:07 pm »

STOCKHOLM (NRK.no): Chef Stefano Catenacci alerts spectacular and very much in nontraditional menu Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill wedding dinner. But even a prinsessess do not get all their wishes fulfilled.

I think people will be surprised. It's definitely not a traditional wedding menu. It is a fairly modern way of thinking, says Catenacci.

Celebrity chef and chef of Operakällaren in Stockholm smiles.

- I'm good at keeping secrets, says Catenacci.

queeny   He for the second time in three years, received the honor of being responsible for the menu in a royal wedding. Just inside the doors to Operakällaren hangs a handwritten card from Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel with warm thanks for their support and efforts during their wedding in June 2010.

Now is the younger sister Princess Madeleine who have hired Catenacci to her wedding with British-American Chris O'Neill Saturday.

No "touch" of American

Then Catenacci lead the 56 chefs who will create four-course wedding dinner and wedding cake, to the approximately 300 guests.

The menu is strictly confidential, laughing Catenacci when NRK.no try to fool some hint out of him.

- My advice to the couple has been that the food must be seasonal and that it must be Swedish. And they have followed.

- So there is no touch of the United States to track the menu?

- No, no American. There are Swedish, stating

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/verden/1.11065821

[/URL]
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »

Wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill - Program & The Guest List

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/06/wedding-of-princess-madeleine-and-chris.html

The Guests arrived in Stockholm

The Guests arrive at the Grand Hotel to attend the dinner tonight

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/06/the-guests-arrived-in-stockholm.html

Harry-ite #6
HC
Countess

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »

Can this be true?

According to this article, Madeleine is stopped by the police but she says she is royal and have to let her drive on.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/udenlandskekongelige/article2000548.ece
(I couldn't googletranslate this sorry, perhaps one of you can)
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 07:34:00 pm »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fekstrabladet.dk%2Fflash%2Fkongelige%2Fudenlandskekongelige%2Farticle2000548.ece
On Tuesday, the 30-year-old princess stopped by the police in Stockholm when she tried the sneak through rush hour in a bus lane. And it does not - even if you have royal genes.

It was during a raid on Kungsträdgårdsgatan between the port and the castle, the black Volvo XC 60 with the princess behind the wheel was stopped, writes Aftonbladet .

- I can confirm that she was stopped in traffic control, says Lars Lindholm, who is head of the unit that was responsible for the raid, told the newspaper.

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty 18m

Wandering round Stockholm you would never guess there was a big royal wedding tom, none of the hype of the recent coronation
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 08:41:10 pm »

Princess Madeleine's wedding gown is designed by Valentino

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/06/princess-madeleines-wedding-dress.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kungahuset.se%2Fpressrum%2Fpressmeddelanden%2F2013pressmeddelanden%2Fprinsessanmadeleinesbrudklanning.5.4ea495e313c19c119aa6bef.html

Wedding Celebrations of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill- Pre-Wedding Dinner

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia hosts  a private gala dinner at Grand Hotel for Princess Madeleine's  wedding

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/06/swedish-royal-family-arrive-at-grand.html

Harry-ite #6
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 09:45:29 pm »

How Sweden's 'Party Princess' fled to New York with a broken heart - and fell for a banker who she will wed tomorrow

In 2010, Princess Madeleine fled to New York after breaking off her first engagement to Swedish attorney Jonas Bergstrom amid media reports that he had cheated on her
    Tomorrow, the 30-year-old royal will wed Anglo-American banker Christopher O'Neill, 38, in Stockholm

Three years ago she crossed the Atlantic with a broken heart. Now Sweden's 'party princess' returns from New York to Stockholm to tie the knot with her new, British-American love.

On Saturday, Princess Madeleine - the Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland - will wed New York banker Christopher O'Neill in the Swedish capital, bringing together European royals and top New York socialites for a grand celebration.

Madeleine, 30, is the youngest of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia's three children and fourth in line to the throne.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2337638/How-Swedens-Party-Princess-fled-New-York-broken-heart--fell-American-banker-wed-tomorrow.html#ixzz2VZ7Agmln

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 11:03:22 pm »

Born just 11 days before Prince William, Sweden's pretty Princess Madeleine was once tipped as the perfect match for the heir to the British throne. And not surprisingly, her model looks and outgoing personality seem to have garnered her nearly as much attention as her elder sister, Sweden's future queen.

Madeleine Thérèse Ameline Josephine, Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland, came into the world on June 10, 1982, at Drottningholm Palace.

The youngest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, she has an elder sister – Crown Princess Victoria, five years her senior – and a brother, Prince Carl Philip, who was born in 1979.

She began her schooling at the Vasterled parish pre-school aged three, continuing her education at Smedslattsskolan in nearby Bromma four years later.

The keen equestrian and gymnast went on to attend Carlssons Skola in Stockholm, finishing her senior level studies at the city's Enskilda Gymnasiet in 2001.

Always a popular figure with photographers, she was thrust into the spotlight on her own when, in October 2001, she moved to the UK, saying she wanted to improve her English and "live like a normal girl". "I've always wanted to go abroad, to get to know other cultures and try new things," she said.

Her chance to blend into life in bustling Chelsea, where she shared a home with a family friend, was short-lived, however, as Madeleine found herself unable to escape the Swedish media.

"I had really hoped for a private life in London," she said after calling a press conference so she could "have peace and quiet" once and for all. "I've felt chased," she said. "It's no fun to have people lying in wait for you at the door of your house."

Along with the press, reports of the princess' taste for nightlife followed her to the UK. "My friends call sometimes from home and say things like, 'They're saying over here that you were at a club until five in the morning, is that true?'," she said. "And it's not true most of the time."

Within months Madeleine had decided to pack up and return home, with a spokesperson describing her UK stay as "extremely tough".

In addition to Swedish, she's fluent in German, French and English. And in January 2003 she enrolled at the prestigious University of Stockholm, where she studied history of art course – later embarking on a further course in ethnology.

To put her unhappiness behind her, the young royal moved to New York where she began dating financier Chris O'Neill. By February 2012, Madeleine had moved in a plush Manhattan apartment with her handsome American.

It was clear that Chris was fully welcomed by the king and queen when he attended the christening of Princess Victoria's daughter Estelle, Sweden's future sovereign, a few months later.

Shortly afterwards, Queen Silvia announced their engagement, telling reporters that Chris was "every mother-in-law's dream".
http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/princess-madeleine/

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/
Princess Charlene leads glamorous European royals at dinner
Bride-to-be Princess Madeleine of Sweden sparkled in silver as she took to the balcony of the Grand Hotel in Stockholm ahead of the pre-wedding dinner hosted by her parents King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/madeleine-of-sweden-chris-oneill/201306071378/princess-madeleine-wedding-dinner-fashion/

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/verden/1.11069288
Arrivals at Grand Hotel.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:07:52 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 08:59:08 am »

Where to watch the Royal Wedding LIVE  queeny

LINK
http://www.svtplay.se/video/1253415/prinsessbrollopet

I love how they have a countdown.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2013, 09:11:53 am »

Me too.

I can watch it on tv here in Norway, but I hope the links work for those in other parts of the globe and can view it on computers.  Last night the site wanted me to install Silverlight  to view video on my computer ,but maybe it was because my computer wasn't updated?  huh

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 12:35:06 pm »

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty 1h

Incredibly sunny day here in #Stockholm for the wedding of Prince Madeline of Sweden, some crowds beginning to gather at the Palace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: