Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 09:45:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill's Wedding  (Read 41511 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: May 17, 2013, 04:39:06 pm »

http://sofiasvanholm.com/an-update-on-princess-madeleines-wedding
The Royal Court has today issued several updates on the coming royal wedding between Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill on 8 June. They have also published a special wedding section on their website and made a more thorough official biography of Christopher O’Neill available.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »

http://www.examiner.com/article/princess-madeleine-s-fianc-turns-down-swedish-citizenship-and-title
Chris O’Neill has respectfully declined a royal title and Swedish citizenship according to a statement released by the Swedish Royal Court today, May 17. Mr. O’Neill intends to continue his career in the financial sector after his June 8 wedding to HRH Princess Madeleine and thus the Marshal of the Realm said:

"In reference to these requirements, Mr. Christopher O'Neill has respectfully asked to remain a private citizen and not be granted royal status."

This means that upon marriage, unlike his future brother-in-law Prince Daniel, he will not be made Prince of Sweden nor will he be Duke of Gästrikland and Hälsingland. In the same statement the Royal Court explained that Mr. O’Neill will remain a citizen of the United States and will not be seeking Swedish citizenship.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/05/information-upcoming-wedding-of.html
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 11:27:06 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/05/publishing-banns-of-marriage-for.html
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:55 am »

Thanks Snokitty for posting  flower Chris is flashing a real smile in a couple of photos. Finally!  thumbsup He should flash his pearly whites more often. It makes him look younger.

Wisteria
royal watcher

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:23 pm »

He looks much more natural in these photos, but some of the pictures still give me a creepy feeling. This one is a good example: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Suk8x7FN0iI/UZj23318bfI/AAAAAAAA0Ck/zi-f5lW9a0U/s1600/1200+(2)+(1).jpg

Kate Middleton takes the Wizard of Oz approach to royal duties:
"We get up at noon and start to work at one,
Take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done."
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:38:47 pm »

OMG I cannot believe his mother thought that hat was ok. And there is only one sister no? He has two.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 06:34:16 pm »

Maddy is so pretty. 

I'm liking Chris more and more, he seems ok.

P.S. How is it decided if a spouse of a royal gets a title?
For instance, would Princess Eugenie and Beatrice's future husbands be offered a title?

huh

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 06:43:55 pm »

^ Depends on the Queen but they won't probably get one.

Madde's first fiance was going to use her ducal title but was not going to be a prince like Daniel or at least no one thought that at the time. Daniel got the prince title and uses the ducal title of Victoria.

As this is the first time women have the same rights as men in the succession line they should have gave the same rights to men as women. So if Carl Phillip wife is going to be a princess then Madeleine's husband should be a prince. As Chris is not accepting titles and not changing his nationality we don't know what king CG was going to give Madeleine's husband.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 06:53:59 pm »

I wonder if he didn't want to complicate things with a further citizenship? When the engagement was announced it was reported he already has a dual citizenship in US and UK.

Maybe with his businesses, a royal title may have been a bit of a hinderance for him in some cases?

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 06:13:57 pm »

I've read that no one from the spanish family is going.

It shows how much the SRF has lost contact with the other RFs. They say that the reason is that Madeleine is fourth in line. But they attend those celebrations because of friendship with the other RFs. Cristina was third in line and all the Swedish RF came to the wedding.  eating cookies

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »

Most likely they were ask not to attend in order to not draw attention away from the occasion. The press would be trying to get the scoop on all the problems within the SRF instead of covering the wedding.   dontknow
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 06:40:01 pm »

You think? They went to the inauguration and I am sure the press wasn't very interested on them.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

Maybe but wasn't the inauguration before they dropped charges on the Daughter? Maybe they have found them unlikeable for years and now see their chance to break ties.   dontknow

I know history shows when a Monarchy is imploding that the other monarchies try to keep their distance in case it brings about a similar situation for them.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 06:53:48 pm »

^^ That's my theory too and not the press one.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 10:14:39 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/05/new-official-photos-of-princess.html
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »

Madde looks good  flower

Harry-ite #6
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 05:38:58 am »

Will Madeleine lose her yearly income that she gets from the Swedish government?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 06:56:53 pm »

LOL that is the question of the year and not even the palace will know. The PR palace man has made so many errors related to this question when she moved to NY.

I think she will keep getting tax money and bodyguards because she will say that she will represent sweden in the US.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 07:30:18 pm »

What happen to the King's sisters' apendage when they got married?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: