Royal Gossip
June 18, 2019, 02:21:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Notebook" Chat  (Read 1313 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:59 pm »

So, who wants to talk about hte movie "The Notebook?"

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
AlisVolatPropriis
courtier

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »

I love that movie!

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" - J. K. Rowling

Con te partirò
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 04:50:25 pm »

WOW, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT MOVIE thumbsup
My two prefered movies are the notebook and Sissi with Romy Schneider sigh
I admired the Noah´s Letter
"My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you."  sob Noah
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:55:57 pm by Fernanda Nunes » Logged

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
AlisVolatPropriis
courtier

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:37:44 pm »

^ it gets me every time!!! I think it is one of the few movies, that is just as good as the book.
I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.
flirt

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" - J. K. Rowling

Con te partirò
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:26 am »

I once downloaded and watched the "NoteBook" (after watching a couple music videos of the movie being spliced in) and I wondered why on earth Allie chose Noah instead of Lon. I commented as much on You-tube and I got crucified for it, but I always wondered, why did Allie choose someone who screamed at her on a regular basis instead of Lon, who was doting, affectionate, loved her, wanted ot marry her, even forgave her after she cheated on him (most men would have gone nuts in a bad way) and after she promised to marry Lon, still ditched him for Noah, who was a slovenly jerk. I mean, really, I am beginning to wonder how Allie might have felt ten years or so after the constant drama with Noah losing it all the time.

Everyone says what an evil woman her mother was, but back then women only did as well as their husbands and I personally would have been sick and tired of Noah's slovenly appearance all the time.

Each time Noah lost it, I just wondered when Allie was going ot do the smart thing and bolt and then file a restraining order. Lon wasn't losing control and I admired how he made so much of her life carefree and was knew how she was. He wasn't smarmy or stuffy, but a kind, generous man who lover her as she was.

Lon didn't really challenge her and accepted her, that to me is love, not screeching all the time about what SHE wanted (or what he wanted her to want) and she seemed more carefree around Lon, not a tense wreck who was cowering as Noah screamed at her all the time. Most women are supposed to avoid guys who do that.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: