Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 01:21:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is going to be our next king?  (Read 2882 times)
mychichome

« on: May 05, 2013, 09:28:50 am »

Just wondering if our new king will be prince Charles or prince William. I think it is supposed to be Charles but how will his age affect his reign?

For great patriotic accessories visit www.mychichome.co.uk
MelissaRose
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:34:11 am »

Charles. I don't think they'd skip an entire generation just because he's going to be old, age doesn't make a weak ruler as HM has shown us. Also the thought of Willy the Angry being monarch scares me.  nervous  

I know not everyone likes Chuck either but he clearly wants to be King and has worked hard for it.

Can't Harry just be King instead of Willy?  Angry
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:48:08 am »

he clearly wants to be King and has worked hard for it.

All he did to become King is be born.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 12:10:08 pm »

I think there might be a scraping of it after HM dies.
Charles is out of touch and Camilla is a tart. Head of Church of England and an adulter...............think when time comes, it might be an issue. All the people that grew up with Charles as heir, will either be dead or past caring
William is immature and with a weird marriage and tarty wife

No respect for Chuckles or Wimpo

I am going with the end of rule after HM ( wishful I know )
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »

If Charles is still alive when his mother dies, he will be King. Skipping a generation would be undermining the entire 'raison d'etre' of the monarchy. Just as going for Harry instead of William because Harry might be more suitable.
If suitability is a guiding rule for the new Head of State, opt for a republic with a president.

So unless some tragedies will occur (and I hope not), it will be Charles III (or George VII, whatever regnal name he chooses) and after that, William V.
That is of course if the monarchy will survive and with heirs like Charles and William, that remains to be seen.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

Charles wont live for the Crown. William does not want it, but WK does................

Maybe surrogate baby might be a better King/Queen but one brought up by the clinically insane,not so sure
jaggy
courtier

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 11:59:47 pm »

I really think Charles is lesser evil. And maybe he will be Charles the last  Hi
MelissaRose
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:12:28 pm »

he clearly wants to be King and has worked hard for it.

All he did to become King is be born.

Okay maybe he hasn't worked to earn the role as such but he has so much more graft as a royal than his bone idle son. If either of the two Princes becomes King then I hope it's Harry.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 02:23:21 pm »

Charles will be the next King unless he predeceases the Queen or becomes mentally incapacitated or too ill to take on the role.

There is a lot could happen between now and when or if Charles becomes King.

If we do keep a monarchy then I would prefer to see Harry or Bea as monarch. It is after all a ceremonial role and either Bea or Harry would be capable.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 05:03:23 pm »

I was watching CNN and they skipped right over Pr.Charles to Waity Katey as next Queen now pregnant with the third in line -future King or Queen and William as King, they totally bypassed Charles in the segment, they didn't say William would BE next King, they just said his coronation would take place where the Queen's did today, but they didn't even mention Charles or Cams.  The press is really pushing for William. IMO They don't seem to care about the line? It was such a odd segment the way they pushed W and Kate to the forefront, really weird. I hope a segment producer rewrites it and adds Charles into it, because it seemed so odd.  blink

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »

they also consider who sell and who doesn't. Charles doesn't and Camilla even less.

Most people think that the Queen can bypass Charles and the press plays to that because they know that most do not like Charles (not entering into the discussion if that opinion is right or wrong).

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 07:49:35 pm »

That's quite true, I am surprised how much of the general public think it's a matter of the Queen selecting one over the other.

[/URL]
MelissaRose
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 06:14:53 pm »

But Waity doesn't sell either, in fact she seems to p*ss people off more than Camilla if anything.
She is quite easily the most disliked royal at the moment and that's saying something!
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 06:22:04 pm »

I was thinking today that Charles may change when he loses one or both of his parents. He has lost his uncle and grandmother who he was fond of but when you lose parents you start thinking about your own mortality. Sometimes things that seemed important don't any more. So Charles may bail out and retire to Highgrove and Scotland.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 09:52:06 pm »

The word bail is not in Charles vocabulary. If he is 99 and has one eye working,one lung and one leg he can walk on, he will take that Throne if it comes to him.  bored3

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:55:00 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 11:28:30 pm »

I think that Charles, above all, should know how unsuitable William and Kate really are  IMO if the throne does not go to Harry after Charles, it is finished.  William and Kate will make sure of that.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 11:17:46 pm »

I believe that Charles will be the next King. He has been the Prince of Wales for decades. It would be nice if he could become the Sovereign.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 11:26:07 pm »

He is next in line of succession so he will be king.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 11:27:52 pm »

Charles will be the next King but definitely the last one.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 01:33:20 am »

It would have to be Charles. It's not a monarchy if the people get to choose the next monarch.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: