Royal Gossip
October 17, 2018, 07:53:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Nearest and Dearest (who will be kicked to the curb, iow)  (Read 7642 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: January 07, 2011, 07:33:59 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/8244142/Kate-Middletons-nearest-and-dearest.html

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 11:20:38 am »

Hi Yooper,

Just spotted that one myself and it did start me thinking. Has this girl actually got any friends that aren't either a)Pippa b)Momma Darling & the other Midds or c)William's friends. It really has struck me that she seems to have lacked any friends in school, in her village, at university or beyond - unless they are all terribly loyal and keeping schtum (which I doubt they all can be).

If I am right and she doesn't have any outside of the above groups it is painting a terribly sad, nay tragic, picture of a girl kept well under control and away from anyone who hasn't been "approved" by her family. Not only does this scream how far removed from "normality" she must be but one day - and it may be years from now - she will realise how she has been controlled.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:15:02 pm »

This Sunday marks Kate Middleton’s last birthday of her twenties and, most significantly, her last as a commoner. This time next year she will enter her fourth decade as the wife of the heir to the throne and Union flags will be flown on Government buildings on January 9th.

Union Flag? Government buildings?? the heir to the throne??? I'm sorry but WTF?huhhuhhuh? nomorekate nomorekate nomorekate

Harry-ite #6
SheerChaos
royal watcher

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »

Most of those I would agree have a chance, but not that Robinson girl from Jigsaw b/c her parents have already proven untrustworthy. Pippa is a given.

"I would if I could but I can't so I won't...."

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:18 pm »

Kate isn't being kept away from anyone she doesn't want to socialize with. Kate has been nothing of not picky about her associations and she didn't drop them under orders and she has ben putting on airs of being kept in royal purdah since day one of her relationship with William and she's been known to give the cold shoulder to those she doesn't deem posh enough for her attention. She isn't the wife of the heir, she is going to be the wife of the heir of the heir to the throne. Secondly, she will be enterting her THIRD decade, not her fourth as a woman, no matter how much older she looks.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:38:55 pm »

True Brit - That was the first thought I had when I read the article headline:  "What friends?"  Even the people that she lived with have said they were blown off by her once things got serious with PW. 

And, really, what's with the Union Jack flag?  Is that the norm? 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:31:45 pm »

When she and william got serious she dropped her old school friends when they would call her she would not answer their calls.From an article I read, probably her shagging master told her to drop them.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 08:20:33 pm »

Exactly, Magnolia.  thumbsup

Kate isn't being kept away from anyone she doesn't want to socialize with. Kate has been nothing of not picky about her associations and she didn't drop them under orders and she has ben putting on airs of being kept in royal purdah since day one of her relationship with William and she's been known to give the cold shoulder to those she doesn't deem posh enough for her attention. She isn't the wife of the heir, she is going to be the wife of the heir of the heir to the throne. Secondly, she will be enterting her THIRD decade, not her fourth as a woman, no matter how much older she looks.

So True.  thumbsup

[/URL]
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 08:51:27 pm »

I think she is someone who has just 1-2 real friends.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 09:07:57 pm »

well theres Sophie Carter, Emma SAyle, Trini Lough and Emilia D'Erlanger, thats four so far...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:10:43 pm by benign » Logged
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 11:18:11 pm »

Emilia D'Erlanger was a friend of William's though as she was on the 1999 love cruise

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 09:57:40 pm »

When she and william got serious she dropped her old school friends when they would call her she would not answer their calls.From an article I read, probably her shagging master told her to drop them.

If you mean Carole, yes I am sure she did, but I think William wanted her to have a life of her own and wanted her ot have a job and career, but she didn't let herself and enjoyed the fantasy of being controlled by the Court and then eventually by William. Kind of like men who like the thought of never finding real love, but keep rejecting those who do love them for lonliness or women who treat them like dirt. I think she and her mother want her to be controlled or at least cared about by the Court and the Court until now has been indifferent and likely at times disgusted.

She doesn't want genuine friends, she wants to be the darling of high society even if it means forcing her way in.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 11:54:15 pm »

I would love to see how many of William's friends remain her "friends" when they divorce.

nomorekate nomorekate nomorekate nomorekate
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 11:57:23 pm »

That would be Zero, Grace and Diana Fan.  It occurred to me that I would assume (could be wrong) that most of the aristocracy and social climbers in the REAL royal world, take their cue from HRH.  So, if HRH isn't fawning all over KM, they'd follow suit, yes?

Let's face it.  If HRH was over the moon about PW's behavior and his choice of bride, this would be the Show of All Shows, lots of smiling pictures with everyone, albeit with decorum and a huge nod to the current economy, but it would have a different feel to it.  I think so, anyway.

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

When thing between Charles and Diana went dirty most of their friends stayed with him. Despite maybe liking Diana and feel sorry for her, they knew that Charles was the next Kng and the power and connection were with him...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »

I bet that like Katherine Howard, she'll marry and then her past will start to creep up, person by person, interview by interview. In time a whole nest of tawdry things will come out and then William will either go completely insane or he'll use it against Kate when they argue.

Ella
Countess

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 09:23:59 pm »

^I don't think she's got enough friends for that to happen, honestly. She's been with his friends forever, the only non-royal circle ex she has is Willem Marx. The other, Rupert, is still in. If he wants to get rid of her, I'm sure he'll let them talk, but until then, she's pretty safe.

Mama Middleton was smart, they've got no friends or former employees that can give dirt on Kate directly.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 01:56:10 am »

Hi Yooper,

Just spotted that one myself and it did start me thinking. Has this girl actually got any friends that aren't either a)Pippa b)Momma Darling & the other Midds or c)William's friends. It really has struck me that she seems to have lacked any friends in school, in her village, at university or beyond - unless they are all terribly loyal and keeping schtum (which I doubt they all can be).

If I am right and she doesn't have any outside of the above groups it is painting a terribly sad, nay tragic, picture of a girl kept well under control and away from anyone who hasn't been "approved" by her family. Not only does this scream how far removed from "normality" she must be but one day - and it may be years from now - she will realise how she has been controlled.

Some she's had since Marlborough, long before she met William.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 04:11:20 pm »

Kate's probelm si that she has so many pre-conditions that have to be met before friendship is allowed by her or her family. Any 'friends' have to have a title, money, connections, SOMETHING material before the Midds accept them, as if the midds have SUCH standing that standards have to be maintained.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:58 pm »

Kate has ONE friend from Marlborough who is not a friend of William and that is Trini
http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/kate-middleton-club-night.jpg

who she loves so much Kate missed her wedding to go on holiday with William.

There is Emilia d'Erlanger who she knew at Marlborough but she was William's friend first http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/16/article-1347610-0CC315D9000005DC-56_196x233.jpg

and she along with Tom (long surname) are how Kate got into William's circle http://bloggfiler.no/cremefraiche.blogg.no/images/337158-8-1290857660143.jpg

But Tom again has been friends with William since they were toddlers.

The only reason she is probably still friends with Tom (although they have not been seen together since 2008) is because of William and it is the same with Emilia

Trini is the only none William friend and she snubbed her wedding for a holiday with William.

It is all about William

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: