Royal Gossip
June 27, 2019, 12:15:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Things About Prince Charles  (Read 6988 times)
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 03:37:42 pm »

thankyou Byechoc and mousiekins

urwelcome

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

He is the last royal when he dies, bye bye to an era.

It's a pity that he made a mess of his personal life.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 06:02:51 pm »

DESPITE his personal life, he never set out ot thumb his nose at his mother, both as a mother and a sovereign. He even asked her if he could kiss Diana on teh balcony at the end of his wedding! There's much good in making sure HM and Philip are up to date on his movements and interests and he must be quite the lover if his being unfaithful made Diana as loony as everyone says!

I just HAD to say that!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 06:06:16 pm »

For me the problem is not that he was unfaithfull but that he chose a child to be his wife, and he didn't take care of her as he had to. If he had chosen someone older and wiser who knew what to expect I would be on team Charles. Diana had many problems and was not the kind of wife Charles needed. But the responsibility is his as he didn't choose the the woman he should have.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »

DESPITE his personal life, he never set out ot thumb his nose at his mother, both as a mother and a sovereign.

He did! When in his autorized biography he speaks badly of his mother and his father...

Charles has done alot of goods things (I agree with him on environment and arquitecture) but his ill-fated personal choices, mostly Camilla, will always reflect on his public persona. He was supposed to set an example and he failed miserably with his personal life...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »

I believe Charles is a trailblazer, although people don't recognize him as such, due to the public's perception of a penchant for supposed irrationality. Charles is a few steps ahead of the times and he continues to impress with his ability to integrate ideas for creativity. He is an artist. He paints, he sculpts & shapes his gardens, and he's an innovator in private sector, not-for-profit. For all of Charles' negatives, there are far more positives. Whether or not he will become a good king remains to be seen. However, Charles is already a highly skilled leader!   flower
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:29:19 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »

Yes EA... i believe that he could be a good king.. and he did a lot for his people... but what he did to diana ruin his life forever!!! And at 90s when they were separate.. he started cleaning laundery in public and blame everyone for his mistakes!!! That show us, in some way a week person!!! At this point Ann is much more stronger than Charles, she goes and fight, and if she look and see that she made mess she just say that her fault...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 10:57:38 pm »

Byechoc, sweetie, this is about his public life and not private life.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 11:00:43 pm »

Sorry SF but we started to talk about his private life for a while!!!! His problem is private life!!!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 11:02:07 pm »

And being a royal his private life is also important. And more in this case as he is going to be head of the Anglican church.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 04:25:00 am »

He's a good dad. You can see that when he's with his boys.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 10:26:16 pm »

Apparently he's a much better dad than was initially reported.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 10:38:35 pm »

I believe that he came much more close to his children when diana die.. and he was a excellent father... i think that he give them all good advices on earth.. but i believe his sons don't ear him so much...  wellduh

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 10:56:46 am »

I remember watching a show where Diana was talking about her boys. She said "i ask them who loves them the most in the whole world and they say moooommmmy'.
Sorry guys, but this was kinda weird.
Did she impose upon them that their father didn't love them as much?
And the way she said 'mooooommmmmy' was so American it was dramatised in her voice - that to me, was childish.
What I'm trying to say here is that Charles has always loved his sons and I for one minute do not believe he loved them any lesser than Diana.
You could see the joy in his face when they were young as he looked at them.
As they got older, I bet their hearts broke to hear the reports of how Diana was the better parent.
In my books, he's done the best any parent can do.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 07:48:22 pm »

Charles is beginning to build eco-villages in India, so that the lower castes don't have to live in slums! This is a cause near and dear to my heart and I'm glad he's finally doing worthy projects in India, so as to impact the social inequalities put in place by a rigid caste system! I started a thread on this topic, including the article that explains.  pinkheart
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:51:39 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:05 pm »

I remember reading and watching people talk about how Diana manipulated the press into getting as many shots of her and the boys playing happy families. I think she knew that they were all she had left after the divorce and she wanted to make sure the RF did not take them away (she thought they would for a long time). But Charles was just as loving and kind to his children but never paraded that in front of the press as that was not his style. Which Diana knew only to well so she made sure to capitalize on his weakness and her strength.
I am also not saying Diana was a bad parent either.

Does anyone remember the clip where they are on a boat and the boys run up to Diana and she hugs them? If they had moved the camera a bit a few seconds before they would have had a shot of the boys hugging and kissing their father. However not many cameras took those pics because I guess it did not give them the correct story.

Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »

^^ One photographer commented that papers simply wouldn't buy photos of Charles and the boys.  Charles didn't sell - Diana did.
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 11:37:30 pm »

Alot of people also said that Charles became more close to the boys after Diana's death. I don't believe that he was distant father but he probably wasn't much affectioned. But he changed, seeing the tragic loss of his sons. I think he's more close to them now...

Despite their flaws and mistakes, I believe that both Charles and Diana were good parents and it's a shame that they don't follow their good examples (especially William, because Harry is finding his path).

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Raisie
Countess

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 01:06:08 am »

As Prince i have nothing wrong with Charles,as father i don't have it either as someone who can give a good example of a good marriage i do have but anyway he born Royal not priest and even priests do mistakes as any human does.
And still Charles make mistkes  tehe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1346245/Prince-Charles-asked-model-Tasha-Vasconcelos-private-show.html

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 06:21:15 am »

I had no father and a lousy mother; The royals are fortunate to have what they do have and I believe they know it.  PC was as best a father as he could be and is the only thing protecting us from the onslaught of KM/PW, so let's be grateful and pray for the long life of both HM and PC.

(And I'm from the States and not only from the States, but California, the land of the liberals).

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: