Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:54:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla First Overseas Trip (France)  (Read 7973 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 01:44:05 pm »

Yet another utterly pointless trip just aimed at giving Camilla some positive coverage.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:00 pm »

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 10m
#royal #Camilla at Dior, Paris - Paris fashion once territory of Diana, now Camilla at ease with fashionistas pic.twitter.com/Hwlpuh9aZ1

do they pay him for this?  sigh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »

Yes they do and handsomely I've no doubt. Throw in endless travel, full expense account and visits to some amazing places that the common herd can't access and he, like the rest of them is prepared to spout endless BS to keep him riding the gravy train.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
sandy
Princess

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2013, 02:37:42 pm »

I think Camila wants whatever Diana had. Now she's a fashion icon. What a pathetic joke.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2013, 02:42:03 pm »

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
The Duchess of Cornwall's arrived at the Louvre for a private tour taking in the Mona Lisa. The museum's closed to the public on Tuesdays.

easter-James

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2013, 02:53:08 pm »

Ah yes so I suppose Cams will dazzle everyone with her beauty and outshine the Mona Lisa itself.  eating cookies

sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2013, 02:59:03 pm »

The DM has an article with pictures where she is scarfing down food. ICK.
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2013, 05:03:14 pm »

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 10m
#royal #Camilla at Dior, Paris - Paris fashion once territory of Diana, now Camilla at ease with fashionistas pic.twitter.com/Hwlpuh9aZ1

Have Dior launched a new equestrian range for horses?

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 05:57:06 pm »

^  laugh   laugh

Dickie Arbiter ‏@RoyalDickie 21m
In a word The Duchess of Cornwall's two days in Paris were a 'triumph' and now she's en route to London via Eurostar - best way to travel
Join me on Channel Five News - between 6.30 pm & 7.00 pm - when i talk about The Duchess of Cornwall's triumphal two days in Paris

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLWrXepCUAA9p3N.jpg

His sycophancy for Camilla is just so   ick
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 05:58:29 pm »

Camilla's wardrobe is done by Oldfield no? It's awful and it makes her look fat and without any figure.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »

She does not have much of a figure. The worst are the ill fitting suits she gets outfitted in. Even with the $$$$ she's supplied with she can't get out of the frumpy look. And it doesn't help when sycophants call her an icon
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 08:10:02 pm »

This PR onslaught is never ending.

Her ninnies are too low, and one is longer than the other, her hair is like a bad marxx brother's movie character.

People who to see are curious.. nothing more.

Anyone who falls for this BullCrap is naive to say the least.

I know people who have been around her, she is not the down the earth friendly type.. far from it.

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »

^
Of course she isn't.
Why would her first solo overseas trip be to Paris of all places?
All paid for by Chuck.
These two make me sick.
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2013, 10:01:06 pm »

Bet she avoided the Alma tunnel...........may she rot in hell. They make me sick ? they thought she could be a HRH Diana, Princess of Wales replacement ? wake up, that is NEVER going to happen , nor will she be forgotten. One cannot replace a Swan with a knackered horse with bad hair
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »

Chuck is weak and easily manipulated to allow this.
Camzilla's current illusion is that she is the incarnation of Catherine Parr.
What she really is is a ruthless manipulating wh*re.
She has taken over everything that was rightfully Diana's: her husband, sons, position and possibly her life.
Now that she thinks she is this close to have her adulterous wrinkly head crowned she needs to revel in it one more by going to Paris as her first deed abroad.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/28/world/europe/camilla-paris/index.html
It was a confident decision and it paid off. The Duchess of Cornwall could have chosen other cities for her first solo overseas tour, but she chose Paris, a city closely -- and tragically -- associated with Diana, the first wife of Prince Charles. But Camilla came here despite that, not because of it. This is more about Camilla's long-term rehabilitation from being "the other woman" to queen-in-waiting and the strategy is working.

Diana may have been a fashion icon who famously championed Dior handbags, but Camilla didn't shy away from accepting an invitation to Dior in Paris in her own right. A Clarence House spokeswoman told me the duchess was, "delighted to accept as she was keen to highlight the wonderful skill and craftsmanship involved in this renowned french fashion house." And I saw her clearly fascinated by the intricacy of the work being done in the couture workshop on the top floor.

Camilla, unlike Diana, isn't defined particularly by fashion. She's more about country living and was in her element watching an equine display by the Republican Guard in Paris. She went behind the scenes to meet the horses and speak to the farrier making their shoes.

She's a hands-on duchess, unafraid of getting her hands dirty. She's as comfortable with a farrier as she is with presidents and prime ministers. She is something of a social chameleon, able to move between easily different groups with ease, including the press pack. In a typical Camilla moment, she arrived Paris with a smile and greeted the media with a big hello, then went on to admit nerves.

Camilla's common touch came out during an unannounced visit to a street market. A butcher asked her to try a sample. She of course obliged and he was struck about how nice she was: "Very agreeable, bearing in mind her status," he told me.

At another stall, she bought five dresses for a grand-daughters from a trader who described the duchess as polite and said she "loved everything. She was very respectful." A royal source in the past described to me how the duchess is a "professional grandmother."

There's more to the Duchess of Cornwall than you see: invariably she manages to win people round when she comes face to face with them, despite the Diana back-story we all know so well. We will be getting more insight into her character as she takes on more official duties. The queen is cutting back on her travel and Prince Charles with Camilla are increasingly being asked to represent the monarchy, which will one day be theirs. We're being given in a sense Camilla, queen-in-waiting, not just Prince Charles's wife.

ick   ick  Sycophancy in an American reporter is a big  bignono
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2013, 11:09:20 pm »

Gosh. I believe Camilla should have solo jobs, anything that would make her work more is ok from my part.

But she even went to Dior.

And the whole trip was silly.

Not even the speech was something to talk about and the first one in eight years...?

Interesting that they had to remark that the trip was paid by Charles. That means that this trip is in the same level as Bea&Eugenie's trip to Germany!  blink

The next queen consort first trip to a foreign country is not even in a real official capacity, because if it was Charles wouldn't pay for it.

Then it also means that they know that Camilla is still not accepted, Charles wouldn't be paying for a PR trip to France.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2013, 11:16:42 pm »

It is like trying to sell someone a weed and telling them it is really a rose.   laugh
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2013, 01:01:01 am »

Send Camzilla to work with doctors without borders, get the witch dirty and working hard ( not sure she knows what that is ) no hair and makeup and pure hard,smelly work that .Chuckles can pay and keep her working for another 10 years ans smooze with all the despots. Then we might tolerate her, but that is what it will take. Not shopping in France, a paid PR trip by upchuc
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2013, 03:59:46 am »

Just think, Charles whined about how much Diana cost; but go figure, a woman who has cost him millions in terms of PR is buying at Dior and Oldfield, but Charles has no problems. What a nasty little hypocrite the both of them are.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: