Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 01:17:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William's Patronages  (Read 3307 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:04 am »

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 10s
The Duke of Cambridge is to succeed the Duke of Edinburgh as president of Fields in Trust. Philip is retiring after 64 yrs as president.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:42:05 am »

http://www.fieldsintrust.org/News_Detail.aspx?newsid=4534f0c0-1a53-40cd-b684-760a365b4ae0
After 64 years His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh is to retire as President of Fields in Trust, the working name of The National Playing Fields Association.
His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge is to succeed his grandfather as President.

Sports   bored3
Ruby Slipper
courtier

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306328/Prince-William-signals-likely-senior-royal-role-end-year-replacing-Duke-Edinburgh-charitys-patron.html
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »

Sounds good on paper but we will see what happens.
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:27:19 am »

How active was the DoE as a patron? Is it really a baby step in Willy finally being a senior royal...
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 10:33:01 am »

These are filler patronages to make them look busy anybody can be a Patron for x amount of years without lifting a finger.The Palace knows that they have to make it look like William is slowly becoming a senior Royal and by giving one of DoE's they can make it bigger than it really is and make it like William is important.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:20:05 pm »

While Prince Harry wants to bring America’s ‘warrior games’ for disabled veterans to Britain, his brother, I can reveal, has plans to put his passion for animal welfare on the map.

William is planning to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather by presenting a documentary about the plight of wildlife in Africa.

He will both narrate the film — by production company Spun Gold — and appear in it out in the field.

Part of the programme will focus on awards which the Prince hopes will be televised every year.

One gong will recognise an individual’s life-long contribution to conservation, and among those shortlisted, I understand, is Virginia McKenna, actress and founder of the Born Free charity.

The one-hour film, expected to be shot this summer, will include archive footage of Prince Philip talking about the need to protect wildlife through international agreements, with William discussing his grandfather’s commitment to animal rights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2324102/RICHARD-KAY-Dragons-Den-Bannatyne-122million-debt.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

How exciting.  bored3 So this means he'll be away this summer filming this stuff and no-one will see him. I thought he would be too busy being the "hands on dada" we've been told about. Just what is occurring?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »

There are many documents out there concerning this problem already. William is wasting money that could be used to deter poaching.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »

Is Jecca living in Africa? What a strange thing for a new father to be doing. I'm more convinced that Waity's not pregnant, IMO.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:32 pm »

He will both narrate the film

ugh he has a voice that puts you to sleep ,and not in a good way

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Ruby Slipper
courtier

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 11:37:05 pm »

^^ Yes, and didn't they say William was going to quit the RAF because he wanted to be with his family more?  And now he is going to quit his "job" and spend all his time in Africa playing with endangered animals?  bored3

Watch for the DM headlines:  "Brave Kate faces new motherhood alone," "Heroic New Mum Kate fears for Prince William's Safety in Africa," "Inspiring New Mum Kate endures unbearable stress as single parent without any maternity nurses, nannies, or child minders."

BTW you know they are going to switch from always calling her "Pregnant Kate" to "New Mum Kate."  And I'm gonna call it now, we will see "Brave New Mum Kate" at least ONCE.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 11:40:34 pm »

Another African charity?

Someone should tell him there is this place called "England" and since he's going to be king of it, he should help out there.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 11:54:13 pm »

He might get more credibility if he did something about this...but then it's not Africa

http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,6390.msg186275.html#msg186275

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Ruby Slipper
courtier

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 12:58:30 am »

^^ KF maybe he thinks we are still living in the colonial era.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 01:15:28 am »

Maybe the RF is trying to bring African countries back into the colonial fold.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ruby Slipper
courtier

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 01:22:33 am »

Yes and get the rebellious Thirteen Colonies back which is why Harry is in the States right now.  tehe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 01:24:25 am »

If harry managed to get the old thirteen back, plus the rest of the United States, I am dead sure that HM would feint with joy.

Ruby Slipper
courtier

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:26 am »

And Kate could come live in L.A. and party with all her besties!!  She could be the Duchess of 90210.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 01:39:31 am »

I wonder how William will handle this presidency. It's not like he's really all that prominent anymore. Before his marriage he was the Golden Guy, but then threw it away on her and he's shrank to the tabloid magazines and even then, not at the top of the page anymore. On the world stage, he's even less.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: